ranDom vIdeO game news

majestic

Been getting good reviews, I've enjoyed some of Raw Fury's other stuff

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Star Trek: Resurgence is the first Trek anything to capture the spirit of the '90s shows in a long, long time

It took me maybe half of the first season of Star Trek Discovery to accept that it wasn't my kind of Star Trek. Discovery's grim, militant war with the Klingons felt tonally off for a series that's always been about exploration and humanity at heart, and when Discovery did spend time on its crew, the melodrama dial seemed permanently stuck at 11. Good or bad, I knew it wasn't my Star Trek.

I had the opposite experience last week when I played a demo of Star Trek: Resurgence, a story-focused adventure from former Telltale developers at new studio Dramatic Labs. Within five minutes, Resurgence's captain was lamenting a catastrophic warp core malfunction and dropping technobabble like "10,000 teradynes per second" while he stared out a viewport. 20 minutes later and the senior officers were sitting across a table from Ambassador Spock, talking about their mission to negotiate a tricky peace between two alien races. Diplomacy was the obvious answer, but what type of diplomacy? A polite debate ensued.

Good or bad, this is definitely my kind of Star Trek.

Buying this on release

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmmm 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Hooray, Murray's back. Well or so I hope at least, Gilbert's always been a bit of a whiner about needing a "true" MI3 😛

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 4
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Hooray, Murray's back. Well or so I hope at least, Gilbert's always been a bit of a whiner about needing a "true" MI3 😛

That's actual ****ing violin! It's not that hard is it, Hitman3. It doesn't sound like complete **** when you use the actual instrument. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

The irony is that Curse is IMHO the best Monkey Island. Anyway, I wholeheartedly welcome MI6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I need to go back and play MI1 and 2 huh? A few years ago I did the workaround to get the new Special Edition voice lines working with the old graphics (because the new graphics were horrifically animated) but I didn't actually get around to properly playing it and that setup was on an old laptop I've since given to my mum. Just need to do that again, I'm sure it'd take maybe 5 minutes to set up.

Still massively welcome news of course, especially given that we're over a quarter of the way into the year and I've played zero new games so far.

(As for superhero Diablo, wow, somehow someone's managed to combine my two least favourite things in media 😛)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

2 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

Ron Gilbert has stated MI3 remains canon.

Interested to see how that remains consistent with this new one being a follow up to the first two, maybe time travel or multiverse shenanigans?

I'm not particularly worried about narrative consistency across multiple games spanning over 30 years in a series as silly and irreverent as Monkey Island. Ron Gilbert & Co. can pull out whatever manner of shenanigans to connect the timelines or not. Drop me a reference to a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle and I'll be happy.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I hope the barbers return, still one of gaming's greatest moments. Way back when I stitched an mp3 together for it, heh.

In actual news, new TR game in works

https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/5/23011603/tomb-raider-new-crystal-dynamics-unreal-engine-5

• Like 1

Is that the same studio, which made the "awardwinning" GTA trilogy remake?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, Mamoulian War said:

Is that the same studio, which made the "awardwinning" GTA trilogy remake?

Remedy is handling the development , I believe

On 4/7/2022 at 2:14 AM, Malcador said:

Heh, I mentioned a few days back how I wanted this. Maybe Rockstar should have remastered Max Payne 3 as well for the current gen instead of re-releasing GTA V for the 10th time.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.