ranDom vIdeO game news

majestic

On 2/24/2022 at 7:37 PM, Azdeus said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-24-fallout-new-vegas-2-reportedly-in-very-early-discussions-at-microsoft-and-obsidian

Well, this would be good news if it were to be true, though I'd hope it not be a direct sequel and just Obsidian doing another Fallout game, that franchise needs an injection of quality.

If Obs were to do a direct sequel, it'd be a huge nightmare to try and tie up the endings in the new game, and if they were to only pick one ending as the right one noone will be happy either.

Honestly, I just hope if they do something like this, they at least put a headstone in there for me.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is set for a full release on March 17: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/3111426824836670909

I played some of the early access about (pausing--headmath) eight months ago. It was in pretty rough shape but from a glance through the steam forums it seems like it's been coming along well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/12/2022 at 8:47 PM, Keyrock said:

2 months to release.

That review really makes Swansong look fun 🍻

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Wormerine said:

That's not a review, it's an advertisement posted on publisher's channel. 

To me thats the same thing :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

🤔 Those are fundamentally opposed concepts. 

Can you provide links so I can confirm what you saying because they taught me at school that they the same thing?

John Milton 

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Content-wise no difference, but the trick to telling them apart is that the review has a watermark in the corner with the Gamespot or IGN logo.

Good to know :grin:

John Milton 

Big Solasta update:

New Campaign DLC got a name and release date:
Lost Valley, coming on April 14th. It is:

a brand new level 1-12 adventure with branching paths nad multiple endings, with 9 new subclasses and many new monsters and locations.

Sadly no new levels, but I am curious how more "branching" this new content will be. While I liked how straightforward the original campaign was and wouldn't want to change it, I think it would be better with more choices and reactivity. Either way new content in Solasta is welcome.

But that is not all.

We are announcing Online Multiplayer Co-op for Solasta - available in all existing and future campaign, as well as custom Campaigns created in the Dungeon Maker

Multiplayer Coop will be coming to all Solasta owners as a free update on April 14th, and there will be Beta Weekend starting on March 17th for anyone owning Solasta and interested in checking it out. 

Edit: I had info from email, here is steam announcement, with additional details:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1096530/view/4689941763336775051

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 6

Oh wow, I didn't know co-op was even on the menu for Solasta. I don't know how fun controlling two characters each will be but definitely giving it a shot given it's on Game Pass. I get that co-op is an afterthought to many players, but for something like this, it turns a game I would never touch (given my long-standing position about party-based RPGs) into a must-try.

(Meanwhile, Bloodstained still doesn't have it's co-op update, sheesh)

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Oh wow, I didn't know co-op was even on the menu for Solasta.

That was kept in secret I think. It's up to 4 players coop. I wonder how they will resolve team dialogues. 

I think this is valuable addition, especially with game's focus on community made campaigns.