ranDom vIdeO game news

majestic

18 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Emperor: Battle for Dune solved it by spreading to multiple planets.. I really liked that game...

Man, I miss Westwood.

https://www.pcgamer.com/developer-cancels-crowdfunded-mmo-and-disappears-amid-fraud-allegations/

The future of Star Citizen... (kidding :P)

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Katphood said:

First game was pretty fun.

I vaguely remember playing the first one eons ago, but I didn't know there was a second one. ...No, there isn't a second one, so they're just doing a thing, I guess.

23 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Finished Death's Door. The start was slow - but the more time I spent with the game the more I enjoyed it. It's a simple, zelda-like affair, with a minor touch of mandatory Dark Souls influence but it's well done. Enjoyed exploration quite a bit. The only disappointment was end game - after main story there is "true ending" you can pursue. But outside two new combat encounters it is just running around empty maps 100% find-them-all chores. Payoff wasn't even remotly worth it. 

I've had that installed for like...6 months, but I haven't even booted it up once. I'll get around to it...someday...maybe. No guarantees. I haven't been in a "gameplay" mood for a while now, so a number of games that I installed and intended to play a long while back never even got tried.

(e): Uh, oops - how did I reply to a post from the "what're you playing" thread in here? "Special" talent from a "special" person...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Thanks 2
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

15 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I haven't been in a "gameplay" mood for a while now, so a number of games that I installed and intended to play a long while back never even got tried.

What you need is a cat...

*runs for cover*

Edit:

Same here actually. Moved to a new place, adopted a third cat(I am clearly not the most sane person on these boards now am I?). No time to play at all. I got a used copy of Dying Light: The Following today so that might change. 

Edit 2:

Man...I love eurogamer:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-18-cyberpunk-2077s-next-gen-patch-changes-nothing-that-matters

😆

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

28 minutes ago, Katphood said:

Moved to a new place, adopted a third cat(I am clearly not the most sane person on these boards now am I?).

While I am myself catless 😪, from my family experience I would say that 3 is a good number. Do not, however, under any circumstances go beyond that. I know "it's just one more" but 3 is reaching critical mass. 4 is trouble and 5 is an unending disaster. 

51 minutes ago, Katphood said:

*runs for cover*

Edit:

Same here actually. Moved to a new place, adopted a third cat(I am clearly not the most sane person on these boards now am I?). No time to play at all. I got a used copy of Dying Light: The Following today so that might change.

It's okay, I had 20+ cats when it was the worst, I've got 5 now.

There wasn't a single rat or mouse to behold in the area where I lived 😃

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Wormerine said:

While I am myself catless 😪, from my family experience I would say that 3 is a good number. Do not, however, under any circumstances go beyond that. I know "it's just one more" but 3 is reaching critical mass. 4 is trouble and 5 is an unending disaster. 

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

It's okay, I had 20+ cats when it was the worst, I've got 5 now.

There wasn't a single rat or mouse to behold in the area where I lived 😃

I feel like one is fine if there's almost always somebody at home, two is the right number so they can play and not be lonely when someone isn't around (if people are at work/school a lot), three is the absolute limit before things start going haywire, and twenty means you're the opposite of a serial killer. I say "the opposite", because I'm not exactly sure what that would be, but it's the same level of intensity and frightening that the serial killer would have, just on the opposite side of the spectrum and without the actual killing. You're a pretty scary dude, Azdeus.

2 hours ago, Katphood said:

*runs for cover*

I have an ancient one on what are probably her last legs right now - I used to have two, but the other one passed away within the last couple of years after an extended bout of declining health. I probably won't have another after this one for some time to come due to changing life circumstances making it difficult.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

1 minute ago, Bartimaeus said:

I say "the opposite", because I'm not exactly sure what that would be, but it's the same level of frightening and intensity that the serial killer would have, just on the opposite side of the spectrum and without the actual killing.

The rodents and birds may disagree.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

43 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

how is star citizen still a thing

Same as all other religions 😛

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

I feel like one is fine if there's almost always somebody at home, two is the right number so they can play and not be lonely when someone isn't around (if people are at work/school a lot), three is the absolute limit before things start going haywire, and twenty means you're the opposite of a serial killer. I say "the opposite", because I'm not exactly sure what that would be, but it's the same level of intensity and frightening that the serial killer would have, just on the opposite side of the spectrum and without the actual killing. You're a pretty scary dude, Azdeus.

I have an ancient one on what are probably her last legs right now - I used to have two, but the other one passed away within the last couple of years after an extended bout of declining health. I probably won't have another after this one for some time to come due to changing life circumstances making it difficult.

Well, I live on a farm, so I had 12 cats and then three of the females got preggers at the same time and all of a sudden, *poof*! Cats everywhere. Feeding them was quite fun, when you clanged the bowls together a wave of cats came running 😂 We managed to get homes for most of them eventually.

1 hour ago, KP the Torque Dork said:

The rodents and birds may disagree.

Noone likes birds and rodents. Did I have any problems rampant influenza viruses then? No. Incontroversial proof, right there.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

I used to have two, but the other one passed away within the last couple of years after an extended bout of declining health.

Rest in peace, Bart. You were not my cat but you were still a cat. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Noone likes birds and rodents.

Wrong.

capybara-on-head-3.jpg?w=580

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

28 minutes ago, Katphood said:

Rest in peace, Bart. You were not my cat but you were still a cat. 

I see someone did a search (and anybody wondering who is not going to do a search, no, I did not name him, nor did I pick him out because of the name...as I did not really pick him out in the first place). And also, it's been longer than I thought...man, summer of 2018.

Yeah, I don't really mind non-feral rodents, but I'm also the type that doesn't mind spiders, so... Also, capybaras look kinda like llamas head-on...

66c6c982cd0f4e81736241e655c77475--facebo

...but they look like about as scary as beavers when they show their teeth:

capybara-1-300.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 2

• Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I see someone did a search  

Nah, I just remember you mentioning him back then. Too lazy to use the search function here. My memory is just...something that boggles the mind. 

Sorry for being a nosy cat. My apologies. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yay, the joy of always online and cloud gaming 😍

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, Amentep said:

Atlus has announced SOUL HACKERS 2, a sequel to an earlier SMT spin-off.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-21-shin-megami-tensei-spin-off-soul-hackers-2-announced

Devil Summoner: Soul Hacker is one of the few MegaTen games I haven't played. Still, I'm excited for this.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have the 3DS remake of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers and only played it for a very, very little bit.  Nothing to do with quality, but my "gaming life" is really out-of-whack with "work life" and "quality of life life"

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man