ranDom vIdeO game news

majestic

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

And boy, was it not good. 

I really enjoyed Sekiro 🙂 The story didn't necenssary grab me, but I enjoyed all that was too it. It was still far and beyond what most action games have to offer. Still the best bits IMO were indirect storytelling that FS is sooo good at. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-24-fallout-new-vegas-2-reportedly-in-very-early-discussions-at-microsoft-and-obsidian

Well, this would be good news if it were to be true, though I'd hope it not be a direct sequel and just Obsidian doing another Fallout game, that franchise needs an injection of quality.

If Obs were to do a direct sequel, it'd be a huge nightmare to try and tie up the endings in the new game, and if they were to only pick one ending as the right one noone will be happy either.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

39 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-24-fallout-new-vegas-2-reportedly-in-very-early-discussions-at-microsoft-and-obsidian

Well, this would be good news if it were to be true, though I'd hope it not be a direct sequel and just Obsidian doing another Fallout game, that franchise needs an injection of quality.

If Obs were to do a direct sequel, it'd be a huge nightmare to try and tie up the endings in the new game, and if they were to only pick one ending as the right one noone will be happy either.

As many times as Fallout New Vegas 2 got 'leaked', I'll have to see it to believe it. 🤨

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

The Vegas area is big enough to tell a completely separate story in the same general setting, I'd think. Heck, the DLC's were all very much separate entities.

12 hours ago, Wormerine said:

2) everyone says how uniquely engaging exploration is - it has relatively little predictable content and game forces player to engage with exploration. No map markers to follow only only way to find something it to peak behind every corner. World is apparently constructed in a very unique way, often hiding things on purpose, rather then drawing attention to main things. It seems that many people found the loop of “I wonder if there is something very cool around the corner” very compelling.

That sounds almost like the original Tomb Raider game (which was what made me love the game so much). Not sure how I feel about Dark Souls style combat though. Not that it's necessarily bad, just never played the game, so no idea if it's a good or a bad thing 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This War of Mine is on sale on GOG. All of the profits will be donated to Ukrainian Red Cross. So if you still do not have this game, you can help people in need with this purchase.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/this_war_of_mine_complete_edition

Edit: Sale is on Steam as well, AFAIK, GOG will be donating their store cut as well, Valve not.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/9717/This_War_of_Mine_Complete_Edition/

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

steam_YD3r2zGPCT.png

I see that the trademark FromSoftware jank is still alive and well.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

2 hours ago, Katphood said:

I'd really love it if you guys started hating on Elden Ring since I have no money to buy it.

Waiting is good. Game so far seems excellent, but performance is uneven. Trying to do an outside boss now, and while I would blame FPS drop for all my deaths it is distracting when the game looses 20FPS for a second. 

While I noticed little stuttering at first, things get worse once you jump on horse and start moving fast. 

7 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

This War of Mine is on sale on GOG. All of the profits will be donated to Ukrainian Red Cross. So if you still do not have this game, you can help people in need with this purchase.

It's a good game and well worth a purchase for anyone who hasn't played it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

watched some video of elden ring

is the stab and pull sound effect exactly the same in bloodborne

They are recycling assets in every game. Personally I don't have a problem with that - don't fix what isn't broken, and remaking every asset for every game will drastically increase the production costs.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

6 hours ago, Katphood said:

I'd really love it if you guys started hating on Elden Ring since I have no money to buy it.

Ring? Pfft! The true grognards play games about the Silmarillions.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

11 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

https://www.gog.com/en/game/this_war_of_mine_complete_edition

Edit: Sale is on Steam as well, AFAIK, GOG will be donating their store cut as well, Valve not.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/9717/This_War_of_Mine_Complete_Edition/

Bought from GOG

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Finished Solasta. It was quite enjoyable for about 50 hours, but I don't feel like having a replay right now. Got my money's worth though. The three dimensional movement was certainly a unique mechanic, and one that had been lacking in games of this style. Perhaps others will try that now? Maybe I'll go back in a few years and give it a go as druid.

• Like 4

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."