Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sarex

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sarex

  1. I think they set it up pretty well for Hal to show up as Parallax, but I agree 80% of the show was Hal (Kyle Chandler). From what I read John will show up in the next Justice League movie. Hopefully season 2 comes with a bigger budget and we see more action, but I liked season 1 for what it was, it's just that it's going to be hard to replicate without Hal.
  2. MobLand. Started strong but ended up being muddled. Season 2 is not getting any better so far.
  3. He will also split the next book in two, with a cliffhanger supposedly. So I'll be waiting for 9 and 10 to come out before going back.
  4. I read through the Dungeon Crawler Carl books. It was a fun read, although I think the length of the first books was perfect, idk why he felt he needed more pages in the later books.
  5. I think all in with the operation and pre/post op the vet cost us around around 1k euro.
  6. I couldn't get out of act 1...well no...I couldn't get in to act 1. I think I left the game in front of the goblin fort. As others have said, there is something about Larian games that just doesn't jibe with me. Speaking of a game I jibe with, Control Resonant. I ended up 99% it and may even go the extra mile and try to play some after story content. The game reminds me a lot of Prototype. I can't put a finger on why it does that, it's been a long while since I played Prototype, but I think the exploration, movement and to a degree the combat are kind of similar. I liked the story although the ending is very Supernatural (tv show) like. The gameplay is simple like it was in the original control, there are no combos...well there are but it's the same combo for all weapon types and you can only pick one. It triggers after a third attack. There is nothing to learn in combat, it's just spamming left and right click. There is no blocking, only dodging and even that is optional most of the time. I used only one weapon type throughout the whole game, even though you need to unlock and upgrade the other types to get stronger. The bosses are great as set pieces and story tools, but gameplay wise you just breeze through them and to be honest I think they made the right choice. Considering how combat works if they made them harder they would have not been fun. The graphics are ok, on par with the previous game. The music, as always is phenomenal. The only gripe I have with the game is: Minor spoiler
  7. The company I PMed at, did prod deployments on average every 2 days and they had multiple prod instances plus mobile apps. That **** was exhausting to document let alone organize, especially when any major project release almost always screwed up prod. Combined with the awful crunch for every single feature, I do not miss it. Except for the cash, that was nice.
  8. That would be "good" news for our dog too, even better would be if it was benign. Sadly the most likely scenario is something that is resistant to chemotherapy and leaves him with a couple of months.
  9. They are super cautious with their image. I think they are afraid that them being Russian plus any negative feedback can easily snowball in to a boycott.
  10. Well then well as well as I expected. The color of the print was off and one of the pictures was the wrong version (had some differences and extra logos). Lucky I was able to get my money back. Now I pray that customs doesn't skin me for the ones sent from the US.
  11. My sister liked it too. 🤷
  12. Dog suddenly got very ill and we took him to a vet. They found a tumor in his spleen and after a couple of hours figured out it ruptured, hence the sudden pain. Did an emergency surgery and it went fine, but the surgeon bummed us out by telling us that the tumor on the spleen has a high likelihood of being a bad one even if it was taken out. It hasn't obviously spread to any other organs, but if it is what the surgeon warned us about it may not be visible. So now we need to wait 2 weeks for the biopsy results to come back. They also found some changes in one of his testicles so they castrated him while he was under. All in all a very bad day. The dog is old (just over 14 years) and their life expectancy is 15 years, but you couldn't really tell by looking at him and how he behaves. Still very active and animated. We were kind of hoping for a few more years, but then again we may get them.
  13. I started playing Control Resonant. First impression is that graphics somehow look worse... Jessie got some work done while she was trapped in the Oldest House. Gameplay is ok so far.
  14. I remember they had to let some people go before joining MS. Probably didn't want to live on the edge of financial viability. I don't know how viable it would have been for them to downsize and do smaller games, as even for that you need some liquidity to finance the game development.
  15. Interstellar was just an entertaining movie for me. Arrival I did like the message too, but I've been told the book is better. I liked that she decided that even the short time she had with her kid was worth the pain and heartbreak.
  16. None of these characters resonated with me and I am beginning to wonder if the difference between West and East is really that big culturally, because the story was just uninteresting. Felt the same way with The Substance and Don't Look Up. Maybe it's just me.
  17. I mean it was obvious from the start, but I guess they saw no other way out. Hopefully the forums stay up in one form or another.
  18. I think they switched all manufacturing to jet version Geran-4/5. Idk if they are still considered Shaheds derivatives. I do wonder in which part of Ukraine those F-16 flew, strange to risk the few planes they have to shoot down drones.
  19. Exactly. that is what surprised me, usually companies don't put hard dates in teasers for that reason. We see dates when the product is locked in and they are just refining and bug fixing and even then they slip up. We can also add Cyberpunk 2077 to the list, the teaser came out 7 years in advance. But even they didn't commit to a date. Although this may be the worst example.
  20. I should have said, a game that actually released. Both Pragmata and Avowed had massive delays. No one expected them to release that late. The point I was trying to make is that no one had that large of a gap between a teaser and expected release date. Elder Scrolls 6, they haven't even started development when they released that teaser. That probably had more to do with driving up the sale price to MS.
  21. Also finished Zero Company. I am somewhere in the middle on it. The gameplay is good enough and the story, while better than XCOM, is still bellow KOTOR for me. But to be fair, while I like Star Wars, I am not part of the Star Wars cult. The game definitely picks up as it goes and that keeps you engaged and in that aspect is much better than XCOM which is kind of flat in that regard. The characters are likable. What I don't like is that they overly forced the cinematic aspect of the game. Wrong game format for that in my opinion. At 32 hours (for a full playthrough) it's not a long game, but then again if it was much longer with no expansion of gameplay along the way I think it would have overstayed its welcome. I recommend it at a discount, especially because it can do with some more patching.
  22. I think it had some patches recently. I can't think of any game that had a teaser that early in recent history. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Congrats!
  23. Wth is going on at blizzard. These teasers are a long way off. Well Warcraft/Starcraft were originally a Warhammer IP.
  24. There are much better pictures here, but they changed how the book is embossed because they had lots of returns from people who were not happy how the foil and embossing were uneven. The original version had the leather pattern raised wherever there was foil, now the foil is flat.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.