Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sarex

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sarex

  1. That would be "good" news for our dog too, even better would be if it was benign. Sadly the most likely scenario is something that is resistant to chemotherapy and leaves him with a couple of months.
  2. They are super cautious with their image. I think they are afraid that them being Russian plus any negative feedback can easily snowball in to a boycott.
  3. Well then well as well as I expected. The color of the print was off and one of the pictures was the wrong version (had some differences and extra logos). Lucky I was able to get my money back. Now I pray that customs doesn't skin me for the ones sent from the US.
  4. Dog suddenly got very ill and we took him to a vet. They found a tumor in his spleen and after a couple of hours figured out it ruptured, hence the sudden pain. Did an emergency surgery and it went fine, but the surgeon bummed us out by telling us that the tumor on the spleen has a high likelihood of being a bad one even if it was taken out. It hasn't obviously spread to any other organs, but if it is what the surgeon warned us about it may not be visible. So now we need to wait 2 weeks for the biopsy results to come back. They also found some changes in one of his testicles so they castrated him while he was under. All in all a very bad day. The dog is old (just over 14 years) and their life expectancy is 15 years, but you couldn't really tell by looking at him and how he behaves. Still very active and animated. We were kind of hoping for a few more years, but then again we may get them.
  5. I started playing Control Resonant. First impression is that graphics somehow look worse... Jessie got some work done while she was trapped in the Oldest House. Gameplay is ok so far.
  6. I remember they had to let some people go before joining MS. Probably didn't want to live on the edge of financial viability. I don't know how viable it would have been for them to downsize and do smaller games, as even for that you need some liquidity to finance the game development.
  7. Interstellar was just an entertaining movie for me. Arrival I did like the message too, but I've been told the book is better. I liked that she decided that even the short time she had with her kid was worth the pain and heartbreak.
  8. None of these characters resonated with me and I am beginning to wonder if the difference between West and East is really that big culturally, because the story was just uninteresting. Felt the same way with The Substance and Don't Look Up. Maybe it's just me.
  9. I mean it was obvious from the start, but I guess they saw no other way out. Hopefully the forums stay up in one form or another.
  10. I think they switched all manufacturing to jet version Geran-4/5. Idk if they are still considered Shaheds derivatives. I do wonder in which part of Ukraine those F-16 flew, strange to risk the few planes they have to shoot down drones.
  11. Exactly. that is what surprised me, usually companies don't put hard dates in teasers for that reason. We see dates when the product is locked in and they are just refining and bug fixing and even then they slip up. We can also add Cyberpunk 2077 to the list, the teaser came out 7 years in advance. But even they didn't commit to a date. Although this may be the worst example.
  12. I should have said, a game that actually released. Both Pragmata and Avowed had massive delays. No one expected them to release that late. The point I was trying to make is that no one had that large of a gap between a teaser and expected release date. Elder Scrolls 6, they haven't even started development when they released that teaser. That probably had more to do with driving up the sale price to MS.
  13. Also finished Zero Company. I am somewhere in the middle on it. The gameplay is good enough and the story, while better than XCOM, is still bellow KOTOR for me. But to be fair, while I like Star Wars, I am not part of the Star Wars cult. The game definitely picks up as it goes and that keeps you engaged and in that aspect is much better than XCOM which is kind of flat in that regard. The characters are likable. What I don't like is that they overly forced the cinematic aspect of the game. Wrong game format for that in my opinion. At 32 hours (for a full playthrough) it's not a long game, but then again if it was much longer with no expansion of gameplay along the way I think it would have overstayed its welcome. I recommend it at a discount, especially because it can do with some more patching.
  14. I think it had some patches recently. I can't think of any game that had a teaser that early in recent history. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Congrats!
  15. Wth is going on at blizzard. These teasers are a long way off. Well Warcraft/Starcraft were originally a Warhammer IP.
  16. There are much better pictures here, but they changed how the book is embossed because they had lots of returns from people who were not happy how the foil and embossing were uneven. The original version had the leather pattern raised wherever there was foil, now the foil is flat.
  17. Patch out for Zero Company. That's BS, neither is it rare or is it caused by spamming inputs. Other than that it's concerning that they didn't mention soft locks during enemy fights.
  18. Got my leatherbound Wheel of Time book, now in 13 year I will have the full collection...
  19. They really need to patch the soft locking in Zero Company... Kills the will to play the game. FFS it locks up in the main menu...
  20. It's a dead end job and position so the silver lining is that it's a kick in the ass for me to find something better.
  21. Oh, forgot to mention, I got the boot. Client is downsizing (somehow convinietly lined up with the setup of Claud) and with the combination of my seniority and my long term project being closed, I was left in a position where I had the least amount of experience. They say they want to keep me and will try to find another position for me with the same client, but I am not holding my breath. Now the firm which outsources us will need to find me a new client. Managers are saying that there are positions available and there will not be any issues, but again, we shall see. Not really looking forward to being put on an AI project, but whatever, I guess I will start looking at other companies, especially if the new project has mandatory office time. Did pass the Foundation level Anthropic exam, I guess I will go for the professional next as it's somehow easier than the foundation, or that is what I have been told at least. In other news, I ordered up some posters/prints by Alphonse Mucha "La Primevere" & "La Plume". There was an option from the US, but I found a place in China that offered slightly bigger formats and 50% the price.
  22. I mean heavy duty (60C sometimes 90C) is what I use for mine, except for the silk set, which has it's own program that runs at 30C. I have no issues with regular bed sheets and towels they come out very clean, I did have issues with the silk set where it would come out discolored by body oils, now that I think about it the same thing happened with the duvet, probably because it too has to be washed at 30C and also needs a mild detergent. The way I solved it is by adding Vanish whitener and stain remover (I think Resolve is something equivalent in the US) every time I wash them. Although my washer/dryer is very fancy and I never used a top load one so I can't really compare. As for rinsing properly, that is just the bane of modern washers. They now aim to use the least amount of water and electricity, so you need to play around with the settings and increase the water consumption.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.