RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

terrible trailer... low quality animations, sub-par character models. ugh...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It reminded me of a cross between Assassins Creed 3 and The Witcher.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wow. So now the Steam will offer even more **** than in Greenlight era. Just pay upfront, and you can put any turd there...

/facepalm

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

nobody's forcing us to buy turds on Steam, though. it's already beyond the point of no return in terms of filtering out bad games. at least this way good games will get on Steam a lot faster.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Really depends on the price. If it's too high, it could as well be a blockage for smaller teams, if it's too low, it means nothing (isn't it already $100 right now for Greenlight?).

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

nobody's forcing us to buy turds on Steam, though. it's already beyond the point of no return in terms of filtering out bad games. at least this way good games will get on Steam a lot faster.

Useless spam sucks. Whether it's e-mail, phone, forums, or the release and genre lists at a online stores.

It's annoying and it makes it harder to notice actual worthwhile games. Valve's discovery updates have done nothing to help this, they revolve entirely around the UI and their joke of a tag system.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Gosh, Steam has turned into such a garbagehole over the last 5-7 years...there was this little short golden age after they opened up the store to the halfway decent publishers and SOME indies, and then they stopped trying at all after that...

I never open the store anymore unless I already know what I want to look at or buy. The store has become utterly useless for discovering things I might be interested in. Ugh.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Useless spam sucks. Whether it's e-mail, phone, forums, or the release and genre lists at a online stores.

It's annoying and it makes it harder to notice actual worthwhile games. Valve's discovery updates have done nothing to help this, they revolve entirely around the UI and their joke of a tag system.

If it obfuscates 'worthwhile' titles it pretty much has to be worse than merely useless spam.

And Valve's answer to it will be the same as Valve's answer to everything, half arsed and minimal effort. You'd think that with their resources they could do some curation given that GOG does it with a tiny fraction of their resources, but I guess with Valve's supposed structure all their curation bods would suddenly decide they really want to work on Ricochet 2 or some VR fad that nobody wants or Steam Machine DOA and forgotten Project 2.0, and then they'd be back at square one. That's the problem with monopoly positions, no actual incentive to fix problems since there's no viable alternative. If too much noise is the problem a moderate fee will do nothing to stop it and it may get even worse, if too many crap games/ games that don't get finished is the problem it won't fix that either and that too may get worse. And if it's a big fee people have to find 5k extra money to enter a system where their game will still be one sardine in a massive school.

(Kind of weird though, the 'big change' involving submitters needing to provide bank details and company paperwork before distributing on Steam. I'm not an accountant and a mere layman in such matters, but I would have thought you'd already need to provide such details before publishing on steam...)

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

that's the whole point, I think. since you need this stuff to publish your game on Steam after passing Greenlight, the logical next step is to remove Greenlight altogether, and instead of making people pay 100 dollars for a chance to be offered a publishing deal make people pay for their game to be published.

Walsingham said:

[...] Whether it's e-mail, phone, forums, or the release and genre lists at a online stores.

to be honest, I stopped browsing lists on Steam a long time ago, I only ever load Steam's store to see if stuff on my wishlist is on sale. I could see how some people would be annoyed by having too much schlock to go through while looking for something to buy, but with GOG, Humble Bundle, and other online platforms for buying games I don't think anyone really needs Steam or even should use Steam at all (especially since buying from developers directly, even if they give you a Steam key, means Steam doesn't get its usual cut)

Walsingham said:

Heh, for the nostalgia...

Vampire Bloodlines was enough to make your blood boil

An ambitious 3D RPG, powered by the Source engine that could have been the greatest thing since Deus Ex, was instead forced out ahead of time. Here’s how Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines was kept in the shadows.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

An ambitious 3D RPG, powered by the Source engine that could have been the greatest thing since Deus Ex, was instead forced out ahead of time. Here’s how Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines was kept in the shadows.

So the article talks about some update but doesn't provide much help in finding it aside from one guy's name? I mean normally they give you a link at least.

So looks like Obsidian is now completely out of Armored Warfare development.

https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/mycom-adopts-future-work-armored-warfare

Obsidian and My.com have announced impactful changes today to the development of Armored Warfare. Going forward, future development will be handled entirely by My.com.

We greatly enjoyed working on Armored Warfare and thank everyone at My.com and all of you for your feedback and support over the past several years! We're off to focus on some unannounced projects, as well as Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, and more. Read more about this announcement at My.com.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So looks like Obsidian is now completely out of Armored Warfare development.

https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/mycom-adopts-future-work-armored-warfare

Obsidian and My.com have announced impactful changes today to the development of Armored Warfare. Going forward, future development will be handled entirely by My.com.

We greatly enjoyed working on Armored Warfare and thank everyone at My.com and all of you for your feedback and support over the past several years! We're off to focus on some unannounced projects, as well as Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, and more. Read more about this announcement at My.com.

Yep, no wonder they "got busy" late this week with stuff and weren't able to update Fig campaign.  And apparently there are layoffs :/

Hate the living, love the dead.

:(

I do hope that there are still many people who worked for that project, and will work for other projects at Obsidian. (and for those layoffs, I hope these people will find another job very quickly)

I personally was sceptical about AW at first when I heard of it, but later, I viewed that in the same way I did for Steve Jackson Games for instance (not interested in Munchkin, but a fan of GURPS, so I was glad people like Munchkin so SJG could still make GURPS products).

Hopefully most people can be shifted to the Cain/ Boyarsky project but you'd have to suspect that quite a few won't. AW winding up from an Obsidian perspective can't have been much of a surprise though, and there had already been the earlier reduction in scope.

So the article talks about some update but doesn't provide much help in finding it aside from one guy's name? I mean normally they give you a link at least.

It's wesp's (ie Werner Spahl, the guy in the article) unofficial patch. They certainly should have given a link, but there aren't that many vtmb mods and many of them require the unofficial patch anyway. Pretty much any search will find it quickly.

• Like 3

It's hard to find the diamonds in the ocean of excrement though.

• Like 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

No Bound by flame sequel? 

Not yet, anyway.  I quite liked Bound By Flame, so hopefully we get a sequel eventually.

I'd be all for a sequel if they could fix the terribad combat.  But I could say that about most of the games Spiders has made.  They seem pretty decent in terms of writing (Of Orcs and Men in particularly has pretty good writing.  And it gave us Styx :) ) but the combat is pretty uniformly awful and repetitive.

That said, Greedfall looks kind of interesting.

Hah, I backed this. Well, got hosed I guess.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra