RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

They are nearing $400k in the first day. I'd say they will get around $1.5 million.

I think you may be lowballing there. It's only been running for 4 and a half hours. I expect they will meet their goal by tomorrow. Maybe within 24 hours. Also, these things tend to be front and back heavy. So I expect big numbers toward the end of the campaign as well.

Right now it is getting $100k an hour, roughly. The question is how long will that last?

I expect it will be comparable to Wasteland 3, and may surpass it.

I think they've already hit the day 1 peak, it seems to be slowing quite a bit. I do think they will hit the goal easily within the first couple days, but I think it will slow and the last days pickup will only be a few hundred thousand.

Of course, this is all speculation.  :p

• Like 1

That's fair, but iirc Europe is a pretty big area for these games when it comes to crowdfunding, and I expect it may pick back up over night as their day progresses.

We will see. I think how well they do in the mid-campaign slump depends on stretch goals. Either way, I'm excited to have a month of something to occupy my down time at work.

Looks so bad it's worse.

It feels very soap opera, certainly a lot more polished than E3 but not at the level of other games that have done animation better. BW better get their animation team on shape, the Iron Bull had such a poor rig that his fingers kept bending out of shape on multiple animations.

Anyways, I will give those 10 hours a try and then decide if I want to buy or not.

I also wonder if you can name your character Richard, I always thought that Richard Ryder was a very unfortunate name.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think you may be lowballing there. It's only been running for 4 and a half hours. I expect they will meet their goal by tomorrow. Maybe within 24 hours. Also, these things tend to be front and back heavy. So I expect big numbers toward the end of the campaign as well.

Right now it is getting $100k an hour, roughly. The question is how long will that last?

I think a lot of people, which funded the original KS, that were expecting an Infinity Engine game will pass this time around. I'm still of an opinion that Obsidian bait n' switched with the original KS.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I think a lot of people, which funded the original KS, that were expecting an Infinity Engine game will pass this time around. I'm still of an opinion that Obsidian bait n' switched with the original KS.

I understand that, but then again... A lot of new people picked the game up on release and enjoyed it. Many of those people weren't beholden to preconceptions about the IE games. They could fill that void.

I hedged my bets on how good the first game would be, and was content. Not ecstatic, but content. The White March content was great, though. As an avid fan of the IE games, I'm more than willing to fund this. As they aren't starting from scratch again, I expect a better experience.

Think I'll get that after it's released.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They are nearing $400k in the first day. I'd say they will get around $1.5 million.

Yeah. Meanwhile the much more interesting Apocalypse Now RPG KS is at just about 80k. Bah.

I backed PoE, but found it so underwhelming that didn't finish it and never came back. Gonna pass on this one. Best of luck to Obs, ofc.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah. Meanwhile the much more interesting Apocalypse Now RPG KS is at just about 80k. Bah.

I backed PoE, but found it so underwhelming that didn't finish it and never came back. Gonna pass on this one. Best of luck to Obs, ofc.

Heretic!

I'm also disappointed with how little the Apocalypse Now RPG is pulling in

I did back PoE2, which is almost 60% funded already, but only for about half of what I backed PoE for and half of that was for the hoodie

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I think they've already hit the day 1 peak, it seems to be slowing quite a bit. I do think they will hit the goal easily within the first couple days, but I think it will slow and the last days pickup will only be a few hundred thousand.

Of course, this is all speculation.   :p

This was Project Eternity's backer trend.

dailypledges.png

dailybackers.png

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Of course, this is all speculation.   :p

This was Project Eternity's backer trend.

dailypledges.png

dailybackers.png

I should add that the current pace for PoE2 is considerably slower than the original campaign -both in pledged $$ and the number of backers. The current $$ raised in FIG is inflated by the nebulous "FIG FUNDS."

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

That's fair, but iirc Europe is a pretty big area for these games when it comes to crowdfunding, and I expect it may pick back up over night as their day progresses.

Plus it's the end of the month. I would think there's going to be a bump in pledges once people get their wages.

• Like 1

I'm just really curious to see the stretch goals

Me too. Which is why I'm admittedly overeager for it to hit it's goal asap. At its current pace I expect it will be funded in about 10-12 hours.

Edit: then it goes and jumps like 70k in 25-30 mins to 850k. If Europe pulls some numbers now that they are waking up we might see some stretch goals today.

Edited by Ganrich

I'll back it, at roughly the level I did P(o)E. I found PoE to be just whelming- neither over nor under- but I'd hope for PoE2 to be the BG2 to the equally plain old whelming BG1. And since there isn't really anything much interesting in the tiers it will be standard GOG key plus minor assorted extras again.

I'd hope most of the funding for Deadfire comes from profits of PoE anyway, with any crowdfunding being icing on top. Doubt they'll get anything approaching PoE numbers since it's Fig and the crowdfunding craze has largely subsided but I'd be happy to be wrong.

• Like 1