Random video game news... the critical eyes have it

24 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I think it's already a great "improvement" if BG3 doesn't have those D:OS 2 extra armor bars that prevent status effects at the beginning of the battle.

I think that was the first thing that got moded out lmao.

Uh...I'm not convinced by the bear sex or edgelord origin but I'll probably play the game months after it releases and it's less buggy. I'll probably go with a College of Valor Bard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

21 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

I think that was the first thing that got moded out lmao.

Uh...I'm not convinced by the bear sex or edgelord origin but I'll probably play the game months after it releases and it's less buggy. I'll probably go with a College of Valor Bard.

I'll go with a Druid because of the Wild Shape. Using the cat form to avoid attracting attention better be properly implemented or I'll riot.

• Like 3

sign.jpg

I'm going to have to make a decision between BG3 or the new Solasta campaign since both will be co-op only affairs for me, and with only playing an average of three days a week for maybe 4-6 cumulative hours, it'll be a long delay for the game that loses out. So the contest is between the exciting new game with a higher ceiling, or the more predictable, known quantity.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I'm going to have to make a decision between BG3 or the new Solasta campaign since both will be co-op only affairs for me, and with only playing an average of three days a week for maybe 4-6 cumulative hours, it'll be a long delay for the game that loses out. So the contest is between the exciting new game with a higher ceiling, or the more predictable, known quantity.

Im going to wait 3-4 months before I play BG3, I never play games on release because I prefer to wait for the first official fixes and updates. That way I never get a bad first impression like many gamers did over Cyb2077

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I have the exact same situation. Although my wife is super hyperd about BG3, so I'm pretty sure I know which one will win out. Just hope we'll have finished the second Solasta Campaign by then (we got into that game fairly late).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bugarup said:

I'm gonna wait for goatee GOTY Extended Edition going on at least 60% sale, so that's probably 3 or 5 years. Meanwhile, I'm gonna experience it vicariously through eye-rolling and teeth-gnashing on the forums. :yes:

I'm going to wait for Beamdog's enhanced edition remaster with (even more) poorly written additional content in 10 years.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I watched that video when it was posted in the Larian forum and it did not change my mind. It pretty much has the same things in it that are already well discussed in that forum. Right now, my biggest issue with BG3 is how poor the cast of companion characters is. They're heavily skewed towards the evil side (and relatedly, Larian seems to have intentionally created the game to favor and preferance the evil side over the good side), and are all in one way or another hipster edgelords with ridiculously super-powerful backstories. It is very obvious playing your own custom-created PC is the option Larian least cares about and which a player is not supposed to do, but where for me it is my ONLY option in playing a D&D RPG.

• Like 1

While I would summarize this review for the tl;dw crowd as "mixed bag", I do like what I see and hear here. The fact that the game is hard and unforgiving is a plus in my book, Jagged Alliance is supposed to be hard and unforgiving. I can see how a nigh overwhelming amount of systems can be daunting to newcomers, but I'm not a newcomer, I want maximum tactical control, even if that amount of control comes at the price of not being newbie friendly and cluttered UI.

Releases tomorrow.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

12 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Microsoft is still subject to a temporary restraining order blocking it from closing the Activision deal, which was put in place to allow the previous district court proceedings to move forward. That order expires at the end of the day on Friday, though, after which Microsoft and Activision could quickly move to finalize things before a contractual deadline of July 18. To prevent that possibility pending appeal, the FTC would have to apply for a separate emergency stay extending the restraining order.

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The real breakthrough will be LootBoxCraft. The game where the Loot collected by players and put into their player crafted stash/box, will then be exported into other games to be sold as loot boxes.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 7/14/2023 at 7:28 PM, Keyrock said:

Starcraft Immortal:shifty: You all have phones, don't you?

I still like the outrage over that after fans deceived themselves, half a billion is pretty good scratch.

If it were SC3 wonder what the story would be, I guess UED invades again?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

People counting their chickens before they hatch.

The best thing about this is the Steam page for Divinity Original Sin 2, which says "from the creators of Baldur's Gate 3".

Can we just not overhype stuff before they're out...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1