RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Continuting the news.... and just a reminder. There are already other threads about Epic Games and if a specific thread about the subject is lacking, by all means, create a relevant topic for the subject, so lets move further discussions about the pro's and con's there?

Basically, leave the troll posts at the entrance please.

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just pre-ordered Bloodlines 2 on GOG. But it looks like it's also on Steam and Epic.

It would appear that Malcador's thirst for schadenfreude is going to go unquenched.

"Hardsuit Labs", though?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Game developers have the worst names for their firms

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sally's Bloody Wishing Well Game Emporium LLC

*Portrait of a cute baby animal* ©

I feel this is the case though for most companies founded as outlets for creative types. Not real different from movie production studios or music labels. It's just now there is this awful "brand cliche" prototype that requires the companies to prematurely drape themselves in mystique and prestige.

Cue golden fig leaves around random twitter comments.

Seems like Chris Avellone is working on it. So I guess we can expect completely overwritten characters. :dancing:

Personally I'm not super hyped at this point. I loved Bloodlines, but primarily because it was made by Troika - and remember, it was mostly written by Brian Mitsoda. So I'm staying reserved until there's way more information available.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just did a quick googling and that really seems to be the case. Some even call him lead writer. Now that might change a few things for me.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, wasn't he also the lead narrative something-something on that not-yet released zombie game sequel? Seems his only value nowadays lies in namedropping to improve sales. I dunno.

Edited by Lexx

AW man, I was going to joke about "in name only" :deadhorse:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

At this point, I expect Chris Avellone to work on the next Zelda game...

Hah. See Chris Avellone turned into the ultimate minimalist writing all dialogue for Link. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

BloodLines 2 is set in the new WoD, not the Gothic inspired one from the first game, right?

Any other major differences we should be aware of, other than art style?

Official website here, btw.

I notice there are 5 clans listed, and one bonus, so that's one less than the original Bloodlines. Wonder which one got axed, I hope it's not the Malkavians. But maybe some don't exist in the new WoD, kinda know nothing about it tbh (except that they moved away from the Gothic look, unfortunately)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

I ain't pre-ordering ****, but I am definitely very interested in Bloodlines 2. Paradox has been fairly Linux friendly, so I'm hoping they'll continue that trend here.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No Nosferatu = No buy

Edit: State of Play will be held on 25th of March by Sony and it is a Nintendo Direct style of announcement show.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-22-playstation-will-hold-a-nintendo-direct-and-inside-xbox-style-announcement-show

I want some Death Stranding gameplay/info.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

So...

If there's a werewolf in Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines 2...will we be able to kill it?  :shifty:

BloodLines 2 is set in the new WoD, not the Gothic inspired one from the first game, right?
Any other major differences we should be aware of, other than art style?

Official website here, btw.

I notice there are 5 clans listed, and one bonus, so that's one less than the original Bloodlines. Wonder which one got axed, I hope it's not the Malkavians. But maybe some don't exist in the new WoD, kinda know nothing about it tbh (except that they moved away from the Gothic look, unfortunately)

The revised WoD setting is Vampire: The Requiem, isn't it?  Wouldn't them using "the Masquarade" indicate its set in the same world as the original game?

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Probably Nosferatu. I imagine it's the most difficult to balance the game around.

the one in trailer looked a bit like nosferatu

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"