RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

At 900k now so I don't doubt it'll be funded when I wake up. I almost feel bad for backing it for so much less this time. I guess I feel I owe them for hanging around their boards all day

I see Sgt. Shady was first in the comments. SneakySands

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I think in some ways a lot of people were more willing to pledge at the higher levels for Eternity because at the time Obsidian needed it. There was that feeling that if they didn't succeed with the kickstarter it was going to have to start closing its doors.

With this one, it's coming across more as a helpful thing rather than a needful thing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Mordheim guys decided to make me happy-ish and announced Necromunda: Underhive Wars

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-18-game-based-on-warhammer-40-000s-necromunda-announced

#EgoLegisSum

Development of Mordheim shall cease

but in its place shall rise Necromunda

Many screenshots shall be posted by Melkathi

So sayeth the wise Alaundo

No more Mordheim? Aww :( But I still have 5 campaigns to go through, so there's that I guess ;)

As for PoE2, hope they fix the combat (there was too much of it and given that it didn't give any XP it just made things tedious and unrewarding, at least for me) and make it more transparent, the entire combat system was way too opaque for me. At least I have a reason to finish PoE1 now, I guess...

I wasn't going to fund PoE2 (largely because of Fig, which I don't think is shady or anything, but just seems so freaking unnecessary) but then they had to go and make it all piratey and nautical, and that's something I've been wanting for a long time.  Still haven't backed it, but I'm considering it.  Not to the extent of the original (because PoE's combat just isn't fun for me...it would be fun if it was turn-based, but as RTwP it just seems to require too much micromanagement in every fight) , but slightly above the basic tier.

Is it just me or are BioWare's trailers becoming increasingly more cringe?  I have a hard time believing the game is actually going to be this bad.  I just think someone is consciously, or subconsciously, pulling all the most cringe moments out of their game and making a trailer out of them.

Edit: Maybe this is just me getting older and more cynical?  Is this the kind of melodramatic schlock that sells the kids on games these days?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Is it just me or are BioWare's trailers becoming increasingly more cringe?  I have a hard time believing the game is actually going to be this bad.  I just think someone is consciously, or subconsciously, pulling all the most cringe moments out of their game and making a trailer out of them.

Edit: Maybe this is just me getting older and more cynical?  Is this the kind of melodramatic schlock that sells the kids on games these days?

Well, isn't that melodramatic schlock part and parcel of space opera moments? You can't have a good, fun, slightly silly (with elements of camp) space opera story if a certain amount of schlocky melodrama is missing...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's probably just me. I think I've lost my taste for space operas in general. I've yet to see either of the new Star Wars movies and have no real desire to, despite the face that the Star Wars movies, in the past, had elements of space western, a genre I do still enjoy.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-27-the-voice-behind-the-witcher

Some info on ****le, voice actor for Geralt in English

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I should add that the current pace for PoE2 is considerably slower than the original campaign -both in pledged $$ and the number of backers. The current $$ raised in FIG is inflated by the nebulous "FIG FUNDS."

They've already funded the base game, basically we've just started from the point of stretch goals. It's 8.8k backers vs 16.6k, $524K vs $705k (pledge average must be pretty high). Is that considerably slower? In terms of backers yes, in terms of total pledge, not really. Fig is a factor, Kickstarter has a larger userbase, and some misguided detractors, but that's offset with the benefits of Fig. Obviously people aren't going to feel the need to pledge to a game that's already funded, and a company that's in a better state. I don't prioritize these types of projects, I understand it's a factor in people's decision to back. With all things considered the campaign is going really well, better than I expected.

Can someone who understand **** explain, how the Fig Shares and probable future revenue works in a more understandable way? The more examples the better.

TYVM.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The 2020 delivery date is off putting, as well as the vagueness of gameplay. It just seems a bit ridiculous to ask for payment when there's been absolutely no work done on the game as of yet.

Huh? This would make sense for the original PoE, but it is pretty clear what tue sequel will play like and they had more gameplay and graphics in the trailer than before. 3 years is also probably a realistic timeline. They might actually hit it.

edit: Where did you get 2020? It says 2018.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

Can someone who understand **** explain, how the Fig Shares and probable future revenue works in a more understandable way? The more examples the better.

TYVM.

You're investing in securities related to the revenue generated by game sales. It's estimated that to break even with a $1K investment the game needs to sell 600K. After 1.13% return the rate of dividend is less i.e after you get back $1130 you get less per unit sold.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot
  • Like 2

The 2020 delivery date is off putting, as well as the vagueness of gameplay. It just seems a bit ridiculous to ask for payment when there's been absolutely no work done on the game as of yet.

Huh? This would make sense for the original PoE, but it is pretty clear what tue sequel will play like and they had more gameplay and graphics in the trailer than before. 3 years is also probably a realistic timeline. They might actually hit it.

edit: Where did you get 2020? It says 2018.

2020 was that Apocalypse Now game, if I remember right. :>

/Edit: Which is still at barely 100k as I see right now. I really expected people to go more wild about it. Maybe not enough advertisement or something?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2020 was that Apocalypse Now game, if I remember right. :>

/Edit: Which is still at barely 100k as I see right now. I really expected people to go more wild about it. Maybe not enough advertisement or something?

It doesn't have any early bird tiers for people to go nuts over and the first tier that gives a copy of the game is at 35 bucks, they're asking for 900k without having anything to show for it, have a projected release date of 2020 and it really doesn't help that it is based on a (admittedly awesome) 1979 movie.

I wish them all the best but I have a bad feeling about this campaign.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

It doesn't have any early bird tiers for people to go nuts over and the first tier that gives a copy of the game is at 35 bucks, they're asking for 900k without having anything to show for it, have a projected release date of 2020 and it really doesn't help that it is based on a (admittedly awesome) 1979 movie.

I wish them all the best but I have a bad feeling about this campaign.

It had an early bird ($25), but it was just 900 units and it was gone within a few hours. The projected release date is kinda off-putting, as well. $900k for a 3-year dev cycle sounds... overly optimistic.

Still, I'm bummed that it seems to have stalled before it even took off.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's just that you reached the level of wisdom to see things as they truly are. ME has always been schlock. Congratulations!
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Seemed so bad it's bad to me. Admittedly ME1 had a few good moments in a sea of tedious mediocrity. ME2 I could barely get through the demo it was so boring (Although if I could kick Joker through the airlock instead of being forced to rescue him, it'd be an instant buy).

Edited by Wrath of Dagon
  • Like 2

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"I expect it will be comparable to Wasteland 3, and may surpass it."

This. It makes logical sense.

As for me, I dunno. I backed PE1 to the tune of 250 smackeroos. It was fun but definitely not as good as I hoped. I couldn't even play the expansion more than an hour. Nor did I get deep into their most recent release.

There's part of me that wants to skip all together but  there is the idiot 'hardcore gamer' in me that likes to give games like this a shot. I might pay  the $100 or so to get the hardcopy option. Significantly lower than the first but still more than I pro0bably should if I was being smart with my money.

Damn dwarves... always suckering me in. :D

•  
  • Like 4

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.