Common & Recurring Bug List Patch 1.05

Baladas

Question

Here is the updated bug list for the current build.

Dear devs and communities, since there are a lot of fixes recently and some are not documented fully. Please let me know if a bug is actually fixed and I can amend the post accordingly.

1.  Charmed enemies keep party buffs after charm expires and related bugs.

Threads:

onetwothreefour

2. Sound cutting from companion dialogue.

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive; six.

3. Defenses and afflictions don't stack properly bug.

Threads:

onetwo.

4. Status Effect Bug (Especially Blinded):

Threads:

one; twothreefourfivesixseveneight.

5. Monk transcendent bugs or "Noonfrost" bug. (various issues, perhaps interrelated). Thanks to  El Zoido for pointing out the correlation to the "Noonfrost" bug. 

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive.

6. Duel wield and unarmed bugs (various issues, perhaps interrelated).

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive; six; seven.

7. Retaliation procing on friendly spells/abilities bug.

Threads:

one; two; three; four.

8. Spellbind items bug.

Threads:

one; two; three.

9. Paladin auras continue to sometimes not display properly or not apply to allies.

Threads:

one; two; three; four; five; six; seven.

There are also various ques bugs littered through the forum. I am not sure what ones are fixed or not.

Please post any COMMON and RECURRING bugs in this thread, i.e bugs that you and OTHER people are experiencing.

Also to help out the devs if people who are experiencing issues could post their save files then they will able to tackle the issue more efficiently.

Edited by Baladas
  • Like 3

Something that is occuring in my game since 1.05 beta and hasn't changed with the final release. If you set a trap and the red circle is still visible, whenever an area spell happens to overlap that region, the character ordered to cast makes a beeline to disarm the trap instead of casting. There's no indicator of this going to happen. The spell symbol shows up just fine when clicking the mouse pointer. Same with melee characters ordered to attack an enemy standing on or next to the trap region. Again, the sword symbol shows up, but the char starts the disarming routine instead.

This is pretty annoying, since it shouldn't happen in any case that you are even able to disarm traps during combat.

Please provide a link in the forums to the issue stated and if you can a save file for the devs.

Thanks.

Edited by Baladas

Any fixes for these coming in 1.0.6? Still waiting to start a game since stopping pre 1.0.3.

My advice is to play now. 1.06 is probably another month away and such lists make the state the game is in look much worse than it really is.

Most gamebreking issues are fixed and the few potential gamebreakers that are still in seem to be relatively rare or specific.

If you want to make sure, read about certain issues in advance and try to avoid them (e.g. the Noonfrost issue can be avoided entirely and is anyway at the end of the game).

For what it's worth: I started with the release version and finished on 1.04 and never encountered anything so serious that it killed my enjoyment of the game.

Thanks for the advice, appreciated. Maybe I'll give in and finally give it a real go. I just don't want to have to start over like before. :)

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

I haven't seen a response from the developers on this yet but I'll post this again:

Have they addressed any of the crashing bugs when transitioning? It is really a pain when you spend a hour going through and area and clearing out the enemies and then go to a new area and it crashes to desktop. If I forgot to save then I lose all of that progress. I've seen many people with this same issue. What is going on with that and I thought that was to be addressed in this patch.There was a quick fix posted to disable anti-aliasing. I read in a post a while back that they were aware of this and the issue was in Wasteland 2 as well. This option to disable anti-alising was to be put in options. So far it's not there. Is this going to be fixed?  Thanks!!

This option to disable anti-alising was to be put in options. So far it's not there. Is this going to be fixed?  Thanks!!

It's actually in the options since 1.04, afaik. Look for the "Graphics Quality" slider and move it entirely to the left.

I'm not sure if that will fix your problem, though.

• Like 1

This option to disable anti-alising was to be put in options. So far it's not there. Is this going to be fixed?  Thanks!!

It's actually in the options since 1.04, afaik. Look for the "Graphics Quality" slider and move it entirely to the left.

I'm not sure if that will fix your problem, though.

Correct, that is the anti-alising option.

EvilCalvin42, please stay on topic. If you want to report an issue please post links to the issue in question and a save file and output log for the devs if possible.

Thanks.

Edited by Baladas

This is the status of some of the issues mentioned as far as I am aware:

#2 Companion dialogue skipping - Probably an issue with the computer running a parallel server or virtual OS, addressed here

#4 Permanent status effects - Fixed and retroactive

#5 Paladins in Noonfrost disabling passives - Fixed and retroactive

#6 Dual-wielding with unarmed and 1 weapon not working properly- Fixed

#7 Retaliation on friendly spells - Fixed

#12 Losing items when dismissing companions - Fixed, cannot be retroactive

I can't say for certain the status of the others issues, as some of the forum posts linked to one issue are of different problems. Hope this helps!

• Like 7

Please, can you say what's about issue with "Bestiary entries' text partially covered by scroll bar" and the abilities of creatures shown only for Ogre-druid and Ogre-Matron?

Will it be fixed in next patch? :unsure:

#2 Companion dialogue skipping - Probably an issue with the computer running a parallel server or virtual OS, addressed here

#4 Permanent status effects - Fixed and retroactive

#5 Paladins in Noonfrost disabling passives - Fixed and retroactive

#7 Retaliation on friendly spells - Fixed

#12 Losing items when dismissing companions - Fixed, cannot be retroactive

I can't say for certain the status of the others issues, as some of the forum posts linked to one issue are of different problems. Hope this helps!

Hello cRichards.

Thanks for the update.

In regards to:

#2 Companion dialogue skipping - Probably an issue with the computer running a parallel server or virtual OS, addressed here

That is not the issue for me. I do not have any of those on my computer.

The rest is great news.

I look forward to finally playing.  :dancing:

Is this about an upcoming patch?

Because currently, when you equip a weapon in the offhand-slot, you get the one-handed weapon bonus to both "hands", plus an potential acc-weapon-bonus to the offhand.

Example:

Gung-Ho, a 2nd level monk has an unarmed accuracy of +33/+33 when using his fists. When I equip a rapier to the offhand, this becomes +48/+53 accuracy (+15 one-handed bonus, plus an additional +5 accuracy bonus from the rapier). In combat he then alternates between the fist at +48 and the rapier at +53.

In contrast, equipping the same rapier in the main hand will give him +53 accuracy, but make him attack only with the rapier.

I don't think that this is intended behavior? At the very least I would expect the one-handed acc bonus to apply only when using the weapon in the main hand.

This is most definitely not the issue. I have nothing of the type running on my PC and dialogue is still cut for companions.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, appreciated. Maybe I'll give in and finally give it a real go. I just don't want to have to start over like before. :)

I advise against it - the very fact that the called buggy beta "1.0" doesn't make it any more playable. This pile of bugs probably would be approacheable without disappointment somewhere around version 1.12 or so. At the moment - even such a basic thing as calling quicksave at the wrong moment will silently (!) provoke gamebreaking bug. And there are no concrete plans from devs to fix that. So IMO waiting is the best for now.

• Like 1

Editing a custom formation while it is selected doesn't apply the changes until you deselect and then relesect it. This happened to me sometimes at launch but began being a 100% thing after patch 1.03.

Please give at least reference to others who have this bug and attach a save file. Otherwise this will not help to resolve the issue.

I have seen this also, though you can simply left-click the custom formation after editing. You don't need to deselect and reselect. But it does not auto-apply the changes to custom formations in my experience otherwise. 

Is this about an upcoming patch?

Because currently, when you equip a weapon in the offhand-slot, you get the one-handed weapon bonus to both "hands", plus an potential acc-weapon-bonus to the offhand.

Example:

Gung-Ho, a 2nd level monk has an unarmed accuracy of +33/+33 when using his fists. When I equip a rapier to the offhand, this becomes +48/+53 accuracy (+15 one-handed bonus, plus an additional +5 accuracy bonus from the rapier). In combat he then alternates between the fist at +48 and the rapier at +53.

In contrast, equipping the same rapier in the main hand will give him +53 accuracy, but make him attack only with the rapier.

I don't think that this is intended behavior? At the very least I would expect the one-handed acc bonus to apply only when using the weapon in the main hand.

Sorry, my mistake. This issue was very recently fixed on our internal build just after the patch went live, so the fix won't be in the released version until the next patch.

• Like 2

The bug of speed mod in wepaon still dont work i think.

Please provide links and a save file and output log if possible.

Thanks.

It's already been acknowledged by QA.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The bug of speed mod in wepaon still dont work i think.

Please provide links and a save file and output log if possible.

Thanks.

It's already been acknowledged by QA.

Great. 

cRichards:

I hope you are noting that the sound issue is not related to the fix you mentioned?

Also out of the remaining bugs I think the following are a priority:

1.  Charmed enemies keep party buffs after charm expires and related bugs.

Threads:

onetwothreefour

2. Sound cutting from companion dialogue.

Threads:

onetwothreefourfivesix.  (Not related to Teamspeak or any other running software.)

3. Defenses and afflictions don't stack properly bug.

Threads:

onetwo.

4. Paladin auras continue to sometimes not display properly or not apply to allies. (This could really break the gaming experience for characters who play as Paladins.)

Threads:

onetwothreefourfivesixseven.

5. Enemy AoE buffs affecting party members and Animals heal party via carnage. (Seem related, this could really break combat, a major part of the game for many of us.)

Threads:

onetwo.

6. Character Endurance Bug: (This seems to have been introduced in patch 1.05.)

Threads:

onetwo

and perhaps related:

three

Edited by Baladas
  • Like 2

Quick question for you guys (and gals if there are any):

Are there any important plot bugs still present in the game? All I see are stacking, aura, chants, aoe bugs which actually arent too important because they are not game breaking. They make game more difficult or easier but they dont damage the savegame and are easy to repair with patches.

Also i believe all permament stacks are resolved.

This is quite imprtant because I want to finally play the game.

Plot holes stopped me (also quite happy because save conversion has some issues) but if they are resolved i can finnaly play.

I actually havent experienced those issues by myself, but after my experiences with DAI patching process I decided to wait either way.

So "Is it safe now?" XD

@cRichards: It seems that the bug where items disappear is not completely fixed or there is a separate, unfixed bug that also makes items disappear in 1.05. You can check out this thread for more information :)

Unless it is the non-retroactive effect of the fix that these guys are experiencing.

@Baladas: How about adding this bug to the list ? Bartimaeus gives a pretty good description of the bug, useful for developers.

Edited by Adragan

Quick question for you guys (and gals if there are any):

Are there any important plot bugs still present in the game? All I see are stacking, aura, chants, aoe bugs which actually arent too important because they are not game breaking. They make game more difficult or easier but they dont damage the savegame and are easy to repair with patches.

Also i believe all permament stacks are resolved.

This is quite imprtant because I want to finally play the game.

Plot holes stopped me (also quite happy because save conversion has some issues) but if they are resolved i can finnaly play.

I actually havent experienced those issues by myself, but after my experiences with DAI patching process I decided to wait either way.

So "Is it safe now?" XD

To be honest there are many quest bugs litsed in the forums. Most are side quests but a few have been mentioned in the main quest.

I am not sure what ones are fixed or not, its hard to keep track of so many bugs, then fixes, then bugs, then fixes etc...

Personally I would keep waiting until at least patch 1.06 and check the forum after to see what others are experiencing.

• Like 1

@cRichards: It seems that the bug where items disappear is not completely fixed or there is a separate, unfixed bug that also makes items disappear in 1.05. You can check out this thread for more information :)

Unless it is the non-retroactive effect of the fix that these guys are experiencing.

@Baladas: How about adding this bug to the list ? Bartimaeus gives a pretty good description of the bug, useful for developers.

If you post a bug in this thread it is considered added. But in reading that thread I don't think it would help the devs. No save file, no output log and no other instances of the bug referenced by others.

Also cRichards means that the inventory bug is being fixed in next patch. His post was in regards to what is upcoming. He is aware it is not fixed fully in 1.05.

Edited by Baladas