Paladin Aura AoE is Half or less the size it should be

KKDragonLord

Question

I just realized that the Aura Area is Half of what it should be!

Comparing it to Crucible of the soul, which should be half of the Aura size, it has the same range.

I tested it with different Intelect scores and the range is consistent with that assessment

This effectively means that my paladin with Intellect 3 has to be standing inside someones green circle to share the aura, even an inch away from that position will not be enough to share it.

When i built this character i knew my aura areas would be smaller and i was even prepared to put up with lower durations from other effects, but i figured that 1.5m would be the distance that reach weapons will cover, and it should be more than enough to support people fighting side by side, but apparently instead of a 1.5m aura i got stuck with a 1.5cm aura  ;( 

PS: I tried to post pictures but the upload failed every time, they were around 150kb and .jpg so i don`t know what happened.

7 answers to this question

I just realized that the Aura Area is Half of what it should be!

Comparing it to Crucible of the soul, which should be half of the Aura size, it has the same range.

I tested it with different Intelect scores and the range is consistent with that assessment

This effectively means that my paladin with Intellect 3 has to be standing inside someones green circle to share the aura, even an inch away from that position will not be enough to share it.

When i built this character i knew my aura areas would be smaller and i was even prepared to put up with lower durations from other effects, but i figured that 1.5m would be the distance that reach weapons will cover, and it should be more than enough to support people fighting side by side, but apparently instead of a 1.5m aura i got stuck with a 1.5cm aura  ;( 

PS: I tried to post pictures but the upload failed every time, they were around 150kb and .jpg so i don`t know what happened.

I'm sorry but this is hilarious.  I'm imagining a mentally retarded paladin who's intellect is so minuscule that his core auras are so short they don't even extend outside himself.

It's like your player character is matt damon from team america world police.

I would expect for it to have the specified size.

Apparently the aura changes its size wildly at different times for seemingly no reason at all.

I've seen it become smaller, as i originally posted, but since then i saw it become twice its supposed size and currently its so big that it fills the entire map

Here is the current size of my aura

jwniIg.jpg

After this I kept the character in the same position and changed my Intellect to 1 to test if it would become smaller, but apparently it is still covering the whole map.

lmQEV2.jpg

Edited by KKDragonLord