Common & Recurring Bug List Patch 1.05

Baladas

Question

Here is the updated bug list for the current build.

Dear devs and communities, since there are a lot of fixes recently and some are not documented fully. Please let me know if a bug is actually fixed and I can amend the post accordingly.

1.  Charmed enemies keep party buffs after charm expires and related bugs.

Threads:

onetwothreefour

2. Sound cutting from companion dialogue.

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive; six.

3. Defenses and afflictions don't stack properly bug.

Threads:

onetwo.

4. Status Effect Bug (Especially Blinded):

Threads:

one; twothreefourfivesixseveneight.

5. Monk transcendent bugs or "Noonfrost" bug. (various issues, perhaps interrelated). Thanks to  El Zoido for pointing out the correlation to the "Noonfrost" bug. 

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive.

6. Duel wield and unarmed bugs (various issues, perhaps interrelated).

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive; six; seven.

7. Retaliation procing on friendly spells/abilities bug.

Threads:

one; two; three; four.

8. Spellbind items bug.

Threads:

one; two; three.

9. Paladin auras continue to sometimes not display properly or not apply to allies.

Threads:

one; two; three; four; five; six; seven.

There are also various ques bugs littered through the forum. I am not sure what ones are fixed or not.

Please post any COMMON and RECURRING bugs in this thread, i.e bugs that you and OTHER people are experiencing.

Also to help out the devs if people who are experiencing issues could post their save files then they will able to tackle the issue more efficiently.

Edited by Baladas
  • Like 3

Hello Baladas and all,

I've asked the pinning overlords and they have decided not to pin, however they assured that the team is keeping an eye on this thread for any and all bug reports.

Thank you for your vigilance.

• Like 1

Wonder when the game will be stable and playable?

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

I have played it for 100+ hours, and I haven't encountered a single crash or a game-breaking bug. Most of the bugs are merely annoyances (e.g. the ambient sound effects being muted) or stuff that makes combat easier (infinite auras, stacking accuracy, broken scrolls etc.) The game is perfectly stable and playable.

• Like 3

Quote:

Insolentius

"This effectively breaks your character in large dungeons, especially if you're using your per-encounter spells."

From here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80071-106-major-mob-justice-accuracy-stacking/?do=findComment&comment=1700410

So your character can be "broke" which is the main part of the game, but the game is not "broken"? 

OK.

And that is just one bug among hundreds still left.

80% of this game is combat.

See here:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9913

"All of this stuff -- class, abilities, weapons -- is important because I'd say 80% of the game is fighting."

I would rather not play 80% of this game in a broken state.

I want to play the combat in the state it was intended, not broken and buggy in almost every encounter.

Yes it is stable, and for you, it may be playable.

For me, although it may be stable, it is not playable.

Edited by Baladas

So whats been fixed from this then?

Nothing from here was added to 1.06 patch notes.

According to the dev post in this very thread, issue 5 was already fixed and 6 should be fixed in 1.06 (even though it's not showing up in the notes, I think, but I will check in-game later).

Since Obsidian said that they don't post all the fixes in the patch notes, the only way to be sure is to try and reproduce the bugs.

My advice, since you can't edit your OP anymore, is to make sure that the issues are still open and then create a new thread based on these findings.

This thread, in its current state has become too unreliable.

Since it will be hard to check all of them for any individual poster, the best way would be to ask around in the threads you linked here, I guess.

As I said, I'll check on issue 6 later today (might take a few hours, though).

Edited by El Zoido

So whats been fixed from this then?

Nothing from here was added to 1.06 patch notes.

According to the dev post in this very thread, issue 5 was already fixed and 6 should be fixed in 1.06 (even though it's not showing up in the notes, I think, but I will check in-game later).

Since Obsidian said that they don't post all the fixes in the patch notes, the only way to be sure is to try and reproduce the bugs.

My advice, since you can't edit your OP anymore, is to make sure that the issues are still open and then create a new thread based on these findings.

This thread, in its current state has become too unreliable.

Since it will be hard to check all of them for any individual poster, the best way would be to ask around in the threads you linked here, I guess.

As I said, I'll check on issue 6 later today (might take a few hours, though).

BAdler said he would check with Q&A to see if they were fixed and add them if they were.

They were not added.

Some have already been reported as still in the game.

I assume none are fixed on that basis.

5 is certainly not fixed.

It is "in their database"

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:06 PM

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79039-105-killing-them-with-love-series/

"Thanks for the feedback.  A bug regarding this issue is currently in our database."

Edited by Baladas

"Thanks for the feedback.  A bug regarding this issue is currently in our database."

Huh? 5 in your OP is the "Noonfrost Bug", which according to the devs is fixed. Now, I can't check it to make sure, but maybe someone else can.

What you linked is a totally different bug that got introduced in 1.05.

Huh? 5 in your OP is the "Noonfrost Bug", which according to the devs is fixed. Now, I can't check it to make sure, but maybe someone else can.

What you linked is a totally different bug that got introduced in 1.05.

Sorry, my mistake.

However I have seen no confirmation from a dev that it is fixed and since other bugs that are supposed to be fixed, but not listed, are not actually fixed I guess that it is not fixed.

Someone experienced it, or something similar on May 17th

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79595-transcendent-suffering/?hl=noonfrost&do=findComment&comment=1693300

Anyhow, even though I paid for and was exited for this game, I am done with it now.

Its shelved until further notice.

If people can play a game that is 80% combat when the combat is bugged then great.

I wont.

I'm outa here.

People can flame me, troll me, criticize me until their hearts content.

Everyone can be happy to know I am out of the forum and likely to never play this game as, in my opinion, it is broken. 

Well, for what it's worth, issue #6 seems fixed as well, putting a weapon to the offhand of my monk char now seems to give him the accuracy-bonus of the weapon only to the off-hand, no one-handed weapon bonus to both as before.

Given the OPs latest post, I guess we can now bury this topic as outdated.

• Like 1