Common & Recurring Bug List Patch 1.05

Baladas

Question

Here is the updated bug list for the current build.

Dear devs and communities, since there are a lot of fixes recently and some are not documented fully. Please let me know if a bug is actually fixed and I can amend the post accordingly.

1.  Charmed enemies keep party buffs after charm expires and related bugs.

Threads:

onetwothreefour

2. Sound cutting from companion dialogue.

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive; six.

3. Defenses and afflictions don't stack properly bug.

Threads:

onetwo.

4. Status Effect Bug (Especially Blinded):

Threads:

one; twothreefourfivesixseveneight.

5. Monk transcendent bugs or "Noonfrost" bug. (various issues, perhaps interrelated). Thanks to  El Zoido for pointing out the correlation to the "Noonfrost" bug. 

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive.

6. Duel wield and unarmed bugs (various issues, perhaps interrelated).

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive; six; seven.

7. Retaliation procing on friendly spells/abilities bug.

Threads:

one; two; three; four.

8. Spellbind items bug.

Threads:

one; two; three.

9. Paladin auras continue to sometimes not display properly or not apply to allies.

Threads:

one; two; three; four; five; six; seven.

There are also various ques bugs littered through the forum. I am not sure what ones are fixed or not.

Please post any COMMON and RECURRING bugs in this thread, i.e bugs that you and OTHER people are experiencing.

Also to help out the devs if people who are experiencing issues could post their save files then they will able to tackle the issue more efficiently.

Edited by Baladas
  • Like 3

Looks like I'm at least waiting for 1.0.6. Ugh! Will I ever get to play this game in a stable state? 

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

This option to disable anti-alising was to be put in options. So far it's not there. Is this going to be fixed?  Thanks!!

It's actually in the options since 1.04, afaik. Look for the "Graphics Quality" slider and move it entirely to the left.

I'm not sure if that will fix your problem, though.

Correct, that is the anti-alising option.

EvilCalvin42, please stay on topic. If you want to report an issue please post links to the issue in question and a save file and output log for the devs if possible.

Thanks.

I have a couple of error logs from my crashes last night. Is there an email I can sent the developers the logs?

This option to disable anti-alising was to be put in options. So far it's not there. Is this going to be fixed?  Thanks!!

It's actually in the options since 1.04, afaik. Look for the "Graphics Quality" slider and move it entirely to the left.

EvilCalvin42, please stay on topic. If you want to report an issue please post links to the issue in question and a save file and output log for the devs if possible.

Thanks.

And considering this is a "common and recurring bug list" and I am having issues that seem to be a bug then I definitely think I am "on topic" Thanks!

Thanks.

And considering this is a "common and recurring bug list" and I am having issues that seem to be a bug then I definitely think I am "on topic" Thanks!

Please provide links to others experiencing the problem you are having and include a save file and output log.

How to report an issue:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72439-must-read-how-to-report-an-issue/

Thanks.

Quick question for you guys (and gals if there are any):

Are there any important plot bugs still present in the game? 

So "Is it safe now?" XD

Defnitely NOT safe: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73273-maerwald-dialogue-bug-in-caed-nua/page-2 will silently break main questline. No idea how many more of such bugs are lurking - I'll wait couple of patches before beta-testing this "release" any further.

• Like 1

Two bugs I've noticed that are annoying but I'm too lazy to make a thread about (plus I don't think they really warrant a whole thread) are:

1) Summons that die whilst paralysed don't disappear. You will find the dead summon frozen in its paralysis position on every map. Very immersion breaking, even if the bug is just cosmetic.

2) If you lay a trap and then target an enemy who has triggered that trap before it the trap AoE zone has faded, you disarm the trap and regain it. This is annoying as it feels a bit cheap with the more expensive traps and I'd usually rather be attacking the enemy anyway. It even happens when you have an ability (e.g. Crippling Strike) selected which you'd think you override the character wanting to disarm a trap, but it doesn't. I'm not sure if this resulted with the devs introducing passive item/trap detection - on the whole I've noticed that when I'm disarming traps now the red shading that signifies a trap doesn't disappear immediately like it seemed to in the previous patches/unpatched version of the game.

So "Is it safe now?" XD

Defnitely NOT safe: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73273-maerwald-dialogue-bug-in-caed-nua/page-2 will silently break main questline. No idea how many more of such bugs are lurking - I'll wait couple of patches before beta-testing this "release" any further.

Unless 1.05 introduced some new show-stopper bug, there's nothing that will 100% guaranteed break your main quest. Even the Mearwald bug, afaik, only results in some missing dialogue, but not a broken MQ (might be wrong there, though) and it does not happen for everyone.

My advice is: Play the game now, but keep a few separate saves at different parts of the story, just to be sure.

Do not simply use just a single slot! (This is sound advice for any game, btw.)

Anyway, I myself, and many others have played through the game and finished it without encountering any gamebreaking bugs.

Two bugs I've noticed that are annoying but I'm too lazy to make a thread about (plus I don't think they really warrant a whole thread) are:

1) Summons that die whilst paralysed don't disappear. You will find the dead summon frozen in its paralysis position on every map. Very immersion breaking, even if the bug is just cosmetic.

I just had another hefty Heritage Hill reload because of this (Dargul's paralyse like crazy). Even though it's only cosmetic, for a serious adult RPG it definitely breaks the tone. Sort it out.

So "Is it safe now?" XD

This is not fixed because no one has provided a save file or output log for the devs.

Please provide the required information and the devs can work on a fix, otherwise not....

^ For what it's worth, I haven't run into that particular bug.

There is no denying the game is still in need of patching, but I could beat the game with 1.4 without running into any showstoppers (and it is worth noting that I'm a completionist, so I did all the quests and optional content.) Now I'm on my second play through (started with 1.4 and recently updated to 1.5) and I had no issues with Maerwald whatsoever. The game feels pretty safe/stable, if not particularly polished.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

2) If you lay a trap and then target an enemy who has triggered that trap before it the trap AoE zone has faded, you disarm the trap and regain it. This is annoying as it feels a bit cheap with the more expensive traps and I'd usually rather be attacking the enemy anyway. It even happens when you have an ability (e.g. Crippling Strike) selected which you'd think you override the character wanting to disarm a trap, but it doesn't. I'm not sure if this resulted with the devs introducing passive item/trap detection - on the whole I've noticed that when I'm disarming traps now the red shading that signifies a trap doesn't disappear immediately like it seemed to in the previous patches/unpatched version of the game.

Save files and output logs please.

Thanks.

A very odd bug makes some maps act as if you've never been to them before.  Dead characters come back to life.  Enemies respawn.  One-of-a-kind items can be obtained a second time.   Quests can be restarted (sort of) and you can even sneak up on (who I assume is) the villain of the game in the first area of the main map. 

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74574-maps-reload-as-if-i-had-i-havent-been-through-them/

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77649-enemies-and-fog-of-war-respawn-at-cleared-areas/

This is not fixed because no one has provided a save file or output log for the devs.

No, according to Kordanor the saves were provided months ago. The way to reproduce bug was also described many times. So the reason why it's not fixed is that devs are occupied fixing hundreds of other bugs.

No, according to Kordanor the saves were provided months ago. The way to reproduce bug was also described many times. So the reason why it's not fixed is that devs are occupied fixing hundreds of other bugs.

And according to Korandor it is already fixed. 

Quote:

"I already sent them savegames more than a month ago.

I finished the game already without the ability though. While it is unfortunate I guess we just have to live with it.

Also be aware that they already fixed that this bug does not occur anymore on new games."

• Like 1