Maerwald Dialogue Bug in Caed Nua

Fiaryn

Question

So I've discovered, many many hours after actually having this fight, that after killing Maerwald a dialogue was supposed to trigger with his soul and I was supposed to have the choice to set it free, bind it, or absorb it. Unfortunately, nothing of the sort ever happened for me and I just went on my merry way having no idea.

How can I fix this? Is there a flag I can mess with via the console or...?

• Like 1

I already sent them savegames more than a month ago.
I finished the game already without the ability though. While it is unfortunate I guess we just have to live with it.

Also be aware that they already fixed that this bug does not occur anymore on new games.

There is no retro fix and you cannot go through the questline again. For those who already got the bug it is and will be broken unless they start a new game.

However it is completely possible to complete the game without having this dialogue and without that ability.

There is no retro fix and you cannot go through the questline again. For those who already got the bug it is and will be broken unless they start a new game.

However it is completely possible to complete the game without having this dialogue and without that ability.

So right now even if you've used quicksave right before Maerwald fight the dialogue will appear afterwrds?

In which version did they fixed it?