Fiaryn

Maerwald Dialogue Bug in Caed Nua

Question

So I've discovered, many many hours after actually having this fight, that after killing Maerwald a dialogue was supposed to trigger with his soul and I was supposed to have the choice to set it free, bind it, or absorb it. Unfortunately, nothing of the sort ever happened for me and I just went on my merry way having no idea.

How can I fix this? Is there a flag I can mess with via the console or...?

• Like 1

I already sent them savegames more than a month ago.
I finished the game already without the ability though. While it is unfortunate I guess we just have to live with it.

Also be aware that they already fixed that this bug does not occur anymore on new games.

Also be aware that they already fixed that this bug does not occur anymore on new games.

Cool, which version? Is there retro-fix or you've got to go through all of the questline again?

There is no retro fix and you cannot go through the questline again. For those who already got the bug it is and will be broken unless they start a new game.

However it is completely possible to complete the game without having this dialogue and without that ability.

There is no retro fix and you cannot go through the questline again. For those who already got the bug it is and will be broken unless they start a new game.

However it is completely possible to complete the game without having this dialogue and without that ability.

So right now even if you've used quicksave right before Maerwald fight the dialogue will appear afterwrds?

In which version did they fixed it?

Yes. Was fixed in the first or second patch after release, so within the first couple of weeks.

Edited by Kordanor

I have also hit this bug in the latest patch (started playing last weekend). Sadly the iemod hasn't been updated so I can't fix it either :(

Scratch that - I managed to hunt down the latest version (the site hasn't had its version number updated on the front page!) and fixed my game. Thanks very much!