Patch 1.04 slower load times and broken voice acting

Philomorph

Question

I can't be 100% it's because of the patch, but it's very coincidental otherwise... I just made it into Hearthsong right when the patch came out. Since then two things are noticeable:

1) Despite what the patch notes say, my savegame load times seem longer. I had previously applied the "no auto save on zone" fix, but that's not supposed to affect the save/load system. I'm also assuming the modified file would have been overwritten by the patch, but maybe not? Could that be an issue?

2) Voice acting for NPCs is acting weird. I just had a long conversation with Anamenfath Bethwl and for much of the dialog she only actually voices the last line or so of her text. It would even cut in in the middle of a sentence, so I know it's not just that some of the lines weren't supposed to be voiced.

Anyone else seen these?

4 answers to this question

Yeah I have the broken voice acting.

It's like every patch always breaks something along with fixing other things. I'd like one patch to fix things and not break something else. It's getting kinda frustrating. 

For instance, voice acting during combat pause is completely gone now in 1.04. If combat is paused and I select a character, they will not respond to being selected.

• Like 1

Same here, my load times between areas are now excruciatingly long. Also the whole game has taken a perfomance hit, before it wss smooth as butter now its jetky and slow like my comouter suddenly aged 10 years. Did you guys majorly change spmething in the back end In refards to how the system handles resources? Please please cgange it back!