[BUG] Transcendent Suffering damage bonus displayed with Might bonus

peddroelm

Question

Transcendent suffering 2 description +5.3 damage +4 accuracy

Char has 33% might bonus.. 4 * 1.33 = 5.32 so that's (probably) where the 5.3 is coming from..

Thing is transcendent suffering doesn't apply to base fist damage (if the the char damage range display is to be believed) so might (or any other additive damage modifier for that matter) doesn't have any influence whatsoever on the flat damage added by transcendent suffering AFTER the multiplication between base weapon damage roll and sum of additive modifiers..

Ability description should probably make note of this fact somehow ..  

//////////////////////////////

OR better yet transcendent suffering description is correct and the damage from transcendent suffering should add to base weapon(monk fist) damage roll BEFORE multiplication with sum of additive damage modifiers (Holy COW overpowered endgame monk fists).

///////////////

Either way - make it consistent !

Edited by peddroelm
  • Like 1

WPNTVf7.jpg

3 answers to this question

I have noticed the same thing.

First I thought that it was because I used http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/52/? to increase level cap and when I relized that it was permanent I lost few hours of gameplay. I returned everything to normal and resumed playing. Then the same thing happened during Into the White Void mission in Twin Elms and I belive that there is the problem. If you are careful You can avoid it, but I'm not entirely sure how. Possibly some spells that enemy priests and sorcerers cast activate the bug...

EDIT wrong thread bump :(

OP in this old thread is incorrect (but I cannot edit/delete) - this link describes the actual issue (the might bonus does apply to the damage added (and inflicted) by trancendent suffering but is not registered by the char sheet damage range)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79393-1050567-monk-transcendent-suffering-bonus-from-might-not-factored-on-displayed-fist-damage-range/

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg