RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

They should make a completely unrelated game called Baron Atomic: Mass Destruction RPG instead.

Hmm, I like the Baron, but Atomic... dunno. Baron Mayhem? Baron Bomber? Nucles Maximus?

You know, if I could make a DN game, it'd be about Duke losing all his image and being slowly replaced wby a Justin Bieber-esque guy called Dave Napalm, and he'd ...Duke it out with him.

And multiplayer would be about the two DN fanboys clashing in approriate cosplays. From the true-to-life stuff to paperbag-with-crayon-portrait clothes.

• Like 1

First Risen 3 Screenshot, released by Piranha Bytes:

risen3_1654529_51581641pe4.jpg

There are more in the German print mag, but since they haven't been officially released yet..

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I posted a negative opinion on the thief 4 boards, which I had frequented on and off for 4 years. It got deleted twice. I then got the moderator telling me not to post "aggresive slam posts" again.

I'm posting it again, and I'm getting reddit involved if it gets deleted again, that should sort them out for censoring criticism.

http://imgur.com/ISumvLO

Edit: so it got deleted a third time. That makes me bring in Reddit.

The game isn't out yet, and you are just forming your opinion off videos?  Hah!

I could see you getting upset about deleting your criticism if you were a paying customer, but seriously they have no reason to leave your rubbish on their forums.

edit:  That reddit thread did not go well for you.

Edited by Hurlshot

That's a pretty Risen 3 screenshot. Not that tells me anything about the game, but it's pretty and I like the setting it shows off. I like the lightning storm, too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's out if you're a pirate.

I totally thought this post was in regards to Risen 3.  That's what I get for reading a thread from the last backward; saw the screenshot of Risen 3, saw this post.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They should make a completely unrelated game called Baron Atomic: Mass Destruction RPG instead.

Hmm, I like the Baron, but Atomic... dunno. Baron Mayhem? Baron Bomber? Nucles Maximus?You know, if I could make a DN game, it'd be about Duke losing all his image and being slowly replaced wby a Justin Bieber-esque guy called Dave Napalm, and he'd ...Duke it out with him.And multiplayer would be about the two DN fanboys clashing in approriate cosplays. From the true-to-life stuff to paperbag-with-crayon-portrait clothes.

I'd buy this. Kicking the ass of Dave Napalm.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Jesus stolen Christ I'm gonna buy Thief just because of that ill-advised slam. 

a lot of people are saying, "if critics hate it so much it must be a great game". indeed, there's no such thing as bad publicity  :sorcerer:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Good call! :)

Unfortunately, us over here in Eurasia gets it three days later. There are quite a few companies that set up this North America-Eurasia discrepancy. Why? What's up with that? Is it to lessen the server loads and possible complaints leading to first day-patches? Or is it just good old patriotism?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Tradition. In Europe we've always released games on Fridays, even when international simultaneous releases weren't a thing.

In the us the same was true for Tuesdays.

And since publishers don't want to short sell physical stores, the same restriction is placed on digital vendors, arbitrary though it may seem.

Yeah, not like the game's getting it from elsewhere.   Someone had posted a critique of a Russian LP of the game, Reddit moderators didn't like that, either.  You can still gather some feedback from a LP,  though, but I guess it needed some yahoo with an accent talking over it to make it useful.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watch Dogs Release Date Already Decided

Watch Dog, an upcoming open world action-adventure title from Ubisoft was initially schedule to launch in November 2013 but was delayed to 2014 citing a pretty common reason: "development team needs more time for polishing".

In a recent earning call, Ubisoft announced that Watch Dogs will launch in April-June 2014, and added that Wii U version will arrive at a later date. However exact release was not announced.

Recently Jonathan Morin, Watch Dogs Creative Director via Twitter let it slip that he is already aware of release date of Watch Dogs. Morin was asked: "do you know when the release of watch dogs is and how is the Graphik on ps3?"

To this he replied: "Of course I know ;) but...can't say anything ;)"

Watch Dogs is one of the most awaited and highly anticipated title of 2014, now that release date is finally decided why Ubisoft still hiding it?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

A few new screenies from Risen 3: Titan Lords, courtesy of Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-25-risen-3-announced-for-pc-ps3-xbox-360-due-autumn

Looks ok. Although I'm slightly worried about the world design again. It's impossible to see from these screen so far, but Risen and Risen 2 suffered from the tunnel syndrome, in that the developers were so eager to show the player the right way that they basically carved tunnels in the landscape to guide the players, thus removing the open-world feel of the game. I really hope they don't do that again. I want to get lost.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

A few new screenies from Risen 3: Titan Lords, courtesy of Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-25-risen-3-announced-for-pc-ps3-xbox-360-due-autumn

Looks ok. Although I'm slightly worried about the world design again. It's impossible to see from these screen so far, but Risen and Risen 2 suffered from the tunnel syndrome, in that the developers were so eager to show the player the right way that they basically carved tunnels in the landscape to guide the players, thus removing the open-world feel of the game. I really hope they don't do that again. I want to get lost.

Agreed.  Also, I'm a bit disappointed by it looking so medieval Europe-ish.  One thing I really liked about Risen 1 & 2 was the lush tropical setting.  Supposedly there will still be some tropical areas in the game.  I really hope so.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

ffa82946-60d9-4979-8eee-37d1132fc25a.jpg

Risen 3 is on mainland north of Caldera, so it should look medieval "Myrtana"-like.

Yeah, I understand.

*sigh*

I'd rather it took place somewhere else.  Somewhere tropical and exotic.  Oh well, it's not a deal-breaker or anything.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Le Sigh..

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/02/world-of-warcrafts-60-level-boosts-reflect-important-economic-reality/

Another lowest in Microtransactions offers?

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Incoming trademark suit for use of "The South Island ". Too much chance that people might confuse our Middle Earth Tolkienesque Medieval Fantasy South Island for PB/ Derp Silver's version.

yeah, looks like its name is cropped. Couldn't actually find the original though, google decided I was looking for info on climate change

I have never really had an issue with people trading their time for money. As long as it's not something that provides opportunities that players otherwise wouldn't have (in this case, that doesn't seem to be the case). Plus it's waaay late in the product life cycle.

I imagine the concern is over potentially using this to sneak in design elements that encourage the purchase of MTX, and the like?

I have never really had an issue with people trading their time for money. As long as it's not something that provides opportunities that players otherwise wouldn't have (in this case, that doesn't seem to be the case). Plus it's waaay late in the product life cycle.

I imagine the concern is over potentially using this to sneak in design elements that encourage the purchase of MTX, and the like?

I haven't played WoW, but have experience with other MMOs. The most common practical complaint I read related to this kind of thing is that by allowing people to max toons without actually doing the leveling they would make the already difficult problem of finding competent endgame partners a veritable nightmare, filling the upper ranks with "noobs" that would have otherwise quit or learned their toon while leveling.

But from what I've read, WoW is hardly hardcore to begin with, so...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I can see it being an issue of people not knowing how to play their class (although that seems like something with some patience, could be taught?)

For a game that is almost 10 years old, too, there's also the people that are "I already know how to play this game and just want to play end game with a particular class combo" and have 5 other max level toons themselves?

I can see and appreciate both sides of the equation.

It's cynical but there are a couple factors to soften the blow, one is that the level cap will soon be set to 100, and the second is that there's now a "proving grounds" exam system, where you're given a practical test on various skills relevant to your class and marked on how well you did. You need to do well enough on a given character to be eligible for the random matchmaking system.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G