What are you playing now?

Gorth

Orcs Must Die! 2 to gather skulls and update traps for a potential future co-op match.

Serious Sam 3: BFE first few levels. Doesn't feel like Serious Sam at all yet. Maybe it'll change, but so far, it's rather meh.

Next up; Spec Ops. No opinion yet due to not yet booted yet ;).

Hehe, just keep playing, first a few levels are just "meh" like you said. But then things will get Serious :)

Edit:

Ima playing Strike Suit Zero just bought it yesterday, I realized how i missed space sims... Its a bit focused on action but god, action it is. Grand scale battles with multiple objective(that actually hard!) and ability to morph into a robot (GUNDAM!) is really good! Story is a bit meh but gameplay made me forget about it.

Also back to Path of Exile,  played it a while in closed beta and now in open beta with a new, fresh act. Really good game considering its free to play.

Edited by cyberarmy

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Red Alert 2.  Pixel and voxels :wub: :wub: :wub:  ( who gives a damn about inbalance :D)

That's actually a pretty good idea. Been ages since I've last played it. Any issues with modern systems?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Red Alert 2.  Pixel and voxels :wub: :wub: :wub:  ( who gives a damn about inbalance :D)

That's actually a pretty good idea. Been ages since I've last played it. Any issues with modern systems?

Hmm dunno, i'm running it on an XP computer.  My Win 7/win 8 computer is a week away. :) First Decade version patched to whatever the last patch was back in the day.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Orcs Must Die! 2 to gather skulls and update traps for a potential future co-op match.

Serious Sam 3: BFE first few levels. Doesn't feel like Serious Sam at all yet. Maybe it'll change, but so far, it's rather meh.

Hehe, just keep playing, first a few levels are just "meh" like you said. But then things will get Serious :)

Edit:

Ima playing Strike Suit Zero just bought it yesterday, I realized how i missed space sims... Its a bit focused on action but god, action it is. Grand scale battles with multiple objective(that actually hard!) and ability to morph into a robot (GUNDAM!) is really good! Story is a bit meh but gameplay made me forget about it.

Also back to Path of Exile,  played it a while in closed beta and now in open beta with a new, fresh act. Really good game considering its free to play.

A friend of mine was lead programmer on Strike Suit Zero, he's a slight rendering genius - I hear the game is very pretty! With crazy large ships. I remember the fun he had writing a deferred renderer for it :), and the shadowing - which nobody had thought about.

I haven't played it myself, but it looks like some old skool fun.

• Like 1

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Hmm dunno, i'm running it on an XP computer.  My Win 7/win 8 computer is a week away. :) First Decade version patched to whatever the last patch was back in the day.

Hmm, I actually think I have that first decade set as well, in addition to the original releases. Will have to take a looksee. Only have 7 now...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Worked fine for me when I got the bright idea to play through the entire First Decade, only got so far into the GDI TD campaign before I remembered the Corinth mission.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nothing at the moment.  And what's worse, no games on the horizon interest me.  2013 looks like it's going to be a very bad year for me for video games.

Back to some old classics? :)

Haven't played anything myself last week, maybe I'll get around to the Hunt DLC for BL2 this weekend.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Edit:

A friend of mine was lead programmer on Strike Suit Zero, he's a slight rendering genius - I hear the game is very pretty! With crazy large ships. I remember the fun he had writing a deferred renderer for it :), and the shadowing - which nobody had thought about.

I haven't played it myself, but it looks like some old skool fun.

I'm waiting for the updates to hit, much like with The Cave (I own both). Tried them but I want just a teensy bit more polish before I devote a ton of manhours into it :)

War in the north is a good game, but it wasn't tested very thoroughly. With the right skill combination one can raise the Elf's armour rating to infinity.

huh, wish I'd known that when I played it.  It was fun, but not as repeatable (IMO) as other Snowblind games.  And its a bit short.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I haven't been able to get the gaming urge for the last few weeks. I think I've only managed about 5 hours of TOR in the past fortnight... I just don't seem to have the gaming mojo flowing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

started playing guild wars 2, not really getting into it yet, i miss the skill hunting from guild wars 1, does that show up at all in GW2?

so far the game has a weaker intro act than guild wars 1 did, the interface is way more cluttered and the tooltips are less helpful.  seems like a major step back in design at this point.  but im only a couple hours in.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

started playing guild wars 2, not really getting into it yet, i miss the skill hunting from guild wars 1, does that show up at all in GW2?

so far the game has a weaker intro act than guild wars 1 did, the interface is way more cluttered and the tooltips are less helpful.  seems like a major step back in design at this point.  but im only a couple hours in.

It does not get better I am affraid.

By the time you wrote this I assume you have mastered all your weapon skills. That means half your action bar is done with. You get skill points fairly rapidly, so you will soon have most skills you want from the right side of the action bar.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

You have to hunt down and earn skill points to buy utility skills.

Nothing at the moment.  And what's worse, no games on the horizon interest me.  2013 looks like it's going to be a very bad year for me for video games.

Back to some old classics? :)

Haven't played anything myself last week, maybe I'll get around to the Hunt DLC for BL2 this weekend.

Eh, the only "classics" I have are the IE games.  Not in the mood to play those at the moment.

I suppose I could go out and buy a bunch of games I'd never got around to playing before just to have something to play, but that seems like a bit of a waste of money.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Made it through Lost Izalith and the Demon Ruins. I decided I was too scared to fight Manus or Kalameet. Maybe I should do that now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

-D*mn... sorry for still new at posting and responding ... The FO:NV "kill everything" posts here- That's my latest venture.. I've tried not beating the game, because I want to stay in the NV world, and sorry, but everyone in Primm is dead this time. Altho.... I do believe The Paladins have the best resale of armor for $$ :).

Next topic- The best game series IMPO - Command & Conquer : Yuri's Revenge and Zero Hour. I rem staying up all night to beat Yuri's Revenge, and actually just played skirmish "Wild Animal Park" just before posting this. Yuri or Korea for the Black Eagles.

"Johnny Guitar" ftw. :)