What are you playing now?

Gorth

Yes, grounded Kalameet gave me trouble. He would dodge my spears, then start chaining me with his breath.

And by "trouble" I mean I only tried once.

Hehehe. Poor Kalameet. Not ever worth a second try. :D

Trying out Demon's Souls. Wow, they really moved up when they made Dark Souls. My Royal is just murdering everything with soul arrows.

If you find things too easy, go offline and get your World tendency to pure black. :) edit:but yes magic is very powerful and you've even got a Mana regen ring from the start.  But i kinda like  most of the levels a bit more than those Dark Souls. I also suggest you visit Latria as soon as you can. That's a very pleasant experience. :)

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

New Vegas Redesigned and Outside Bets are the major changes to my usual selection, I'm happy with the improved faces and it's really nice to see the jets of water back at Hoover Dam, I just hope stability hasn't taken a hit.

To be honest Redesigned leaves me a bit cold unless I tinker with it a fair bit... too many changes veer toward making every girl a bimbo and every guy a grizzled bearded dude. I was particularly disappointed with some changes to people such as No-bark Noonan.

I'd agree that the aesthetics version is overkill, it really does ruin a lot of characters but the lore version is fine, there are so many downright alien/uncanny faces in vanilla that I can live with a few changes I don't like.

Edited by WDeranged

Finished Dawn of War II main campaign. Wow, I really enjoyed it. I'm really glad Relic was saved by SEGA.

Also started palying The Cave. A very little charming adventure that I see myself actually finishing for once.

DoW II is an absolute blast.  I like Retribution even better.  The story isn't as tight, a necessary evil as it needs to be vague enough to fit with any faction, but you can use whatever faction/race you want, and let's face it, playing as Orks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> playing as Space Marines.   WAAAAAAGH!

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I suppose I could go out and buy a bunch of games I'd never got around to playing before just to have something to play, but that seems like a bit of a waste of money.

I do that occasionally with Steam sales, and then most of those titles sit uninstalled and unplayed, or only played for 20 minutes. So I know what you mean.

We could build a fire, sing a couple of songs. ;)

...not in the mood for "real" playing of any game this morning, but I did try continuing farming for one of BL2's Axton heads. A very easy to get to/kill enemy drops it (under a minute for each run), and I swear I've killed the thing 200 times and so far it's dropped 4 legendary Cradles and 1 Maya head. It's Legendary gear drop is more common than the purely aesthetic appearance head. That's getting a bit ridiculous.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Gothic 3. With the latest community patch it's a fun, engrossing open world game. It's basically proto-New Vegas. Although it breaks with the Gothic tradition of a strong central narrative, it's highly addictive. I like the reputation mechanics, although they feel unfinished (the game is heavily slanted towards the Rebels and Nomads, earning rep with the Hashishin and Orcs is much harder, despite the ability to make oneself extremely useful). 

My current walkthrough will focus on Xardas. Although the game ostensibly depicts Rebels and Innos as the good side and the Orcs and Beliar as the bad, there's enough to warrant doubt. For instance, Myrtana was originally the land of the orcs, before Robar I came and kicked them out in the name of Innos. Farmers in the Core Realms are generally indifferent as to who's their sovereign, as the Orcs are no worse than Rhobar II's reign (adjusted for wartime). Although the Orcs are quite belligerent, they allow conquered people to serve them and rise in their ranks. Slaves may be an unambiguously evil part of their rule, but one must remember we're talking about a feudal kingdom. The people weren't exactly free citizens.

But overall, I'm satisfied. There's enough sympathetic orc characters in the game and their culture is defined enough to make them a viable, non-evil choice. And ultimately, the Xardas (Orc) ending is the most fulfilling one.

Gothic 3 was a bloody mess when released, but with the community patch, quest packet, and content mod, it's a really good game.  Are you using the content mod & quest packet too or just the community patch?

Just the community patch. I recently realized that I like my games vanilla, with a minimal amount of modding. Gothic 3 has enough content as it is. 

Just the community patch. I recently realized that I like my games vanilla, with a minimal amount of modding. Gothic 3 has enough content as it is. 

I find some of the towns and areas are kind of barebones and really lacking in content and quests, suggesting the Piranha Bytes planned to put more the game but couldn't because of time constraints.  I find the content mod and quest packet fill those in nicely.  But to each his own.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Had a long day and now I'm doing the obligatory soul searching at 2am (the good kind).. with a glass of scotch, a great view from the 7th floor and a quiet buzzing of light and lethargic movements of a city that should be sleeping.. Cheers everyone, hope your days are filled with things that make you happy too.

Fortune favors the bald.

Had a long day and now I'm doing the obligatory soul searching at 2am (the good kind).. with a glass of scotch, a great view from the 7th floor and a quiet buzzing of light and lethargic movements of a city that should be sleeping.. Cheers everyone, hope your days are filled with things that make you happy too.

Is that a video game? Do they have it on Steam?

Edited by AGX-17

Used this day to run through A New Beginning. Decent adventure game. Probably a bit better than decent, actually, but not so good as to have me excited.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have 4 followers in Arcanum despite the game saying I can only have 3. I don't remember how the game counts that other than charisma score, but hey, the more, the merrier.

If you're an expert in persuasion you get an extra follower, and the dog doesn't count either.

I have 4 followers in Arcanum despite the game saying I can only have 3. I don't remember how the game counts that other than charisma score, but hey, the more, the merrier.

Isn't having more companions actually a detriment in that game?  IIRC, companions' leveling up is indexed to protagonist XP, but combat damage and kills by companions produces a small fraction of the "full" XP that the protagonist would get if he/she had killed/injured directly.  That particularly idiotic design decision made Charisma-heavy builds decidedly sub-optimal.  (My first Arcanum character was a half-elven Debutante who gathered a crowd of Ogres to do her dirty work for her.  It was a doomed character concept until I gave in and put a point in the win-buttony "Harm" spell.)

Yeah, you will level up a bit slower, but it seems like encounters would become nigh trivial at some point.  I only have two, but there are times a third would come in very handy.

Though I think you only miss out on the xp you would obtain by hitting the target directly.

Gothic 3. With the latest community patch it's a fun, engrossing open world game. It's basically proto-New Vegas. Although it breaks with the Gothic tradition of a strong central narrative, it's highly addictive. I like the reputation mechanics, although they feel unfinished (the game is heavily slanted towards the Rebels and Nomads, earning rep with the Hashishin and Orcs is much harder, despite the ability to make oneself extremely useful). 

My current walkthrough will focus on Xardas. Although the game ostensibly depicts Rebels and Innos as the good side and the Orcs and Beliar as the bad, there's enough to warrant doubt. For instance, Myrtana was originally the land of the orcs, before Robar I came and kicked them out in the name of Innos. Farmers in the Core Realms are generally indifferent as to who's their sovereign, as the Orcs are no worse than Rhobar II's reign (adjusted for wartime). Although the Orcs are quite belligerent, they allow conquered people to serve them and rise in their ranks. Slaves may be an unambiguously evil part of their rule, but one must remember we're talking about a feudal kingdom. The people weren't exactly free citizens.

But overall, I'm satisfied. There's enough sympathetic orc characters in the game and their culture is defined enough to make them a viable, non-evil choice. And ultimately, the Xardas (Orc) ending is the most fulfilling one.

Gothic 3 was a bloody mess when released, but with the community patch, quest packet, and content mod, it's a really good game.  Are you using the content mod & quest packet too or just the community patch?

If I remember correct, the quest packet was adding a truckton of boring fetch-quests to the game, no?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

BG2... made it out of the underdark and is planning to do Watchers Keep before finishing off Bodhi and Irenicus. Not an "optimal" party, but just figure I would try something different. Featuring Viconia as a tank and Haer'dalis and Aerie as damage dealers (playing a thief myself). Got Imoen as the mage and Cernd just for kicks.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wrong thread - 'tis the hazard of writing at 2am.

I have however been playing a little EU3, got the complete game free with the paradox newsletter.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Wrong thread - 'tis the hazard of writing at 2am.

I have however been playing a little EU3, got the complete game free with the paradox newsletter.

I got that one too. I already got the complete EU III collection though (including EU: Rome), but I guess now is a good time for Paradox to get people "hooked" as work on EU IV progresses. One of few games I'm really looking forward to. I seriously hope they fix the naval combat system this time around.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If you're an expert in persuasion you get an extra follower, and the dog doesn't count either.

And I think you can get higher than that in practice. If you stretch the definition of "follower". Summoning for example gives you a permanent familiar on top of those.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm only an apprentice in persuasion. I have Grak, Sogg, Virgil and Magnus. It is true that having more characters will grant me less exp in the end. But it won't matter once I have 7 (hopefully 8 ) characters doing my bidding. Haven't put a single point in magic or tech. The rest of the skill points are going to melee and dodge.

Edited by Labadal

I farmed for that BL2 Commando head that I wanted for another hour yesterday (so 50ish more tries). 3 more Legendary Cradles and 1 Gunzerker head. Bah...I want my Axton to be in a top-hat, darnit! Even if I can only see it when in a menu. Heh. Maybe today's the day. I suppose some people farmed this enemy and had exactly the head they wanted drop in 10 minutes. Sorta like how I never had an Shako drop for me in Diablo 2. A friend gave me one, and that's the only reason I had one. I have the worst luck with such things. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts