What are you playing now?

Gorth

Pretty much, it's Diablo with guns. I do wish they had kept the guns specialization from the first one, but I guess it was annoying to run out of repeater ammo and then be forced to use assault rifles when you're terrible with them.

That's what the ammo regen class mods were for. ;)

But then they took those away, to encourage using more than one gun and since they weren't needed anymore I guess. lol

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What the game needs is nice, proper miniguns. Or multiple miniguns. *nod*

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

im not playing it now, but im looking forward to playing ni no kuni next week

for some reason i had totally forgotten about this game ever coming out, and now it will be out in 7 days! very cool :)

I have to wait until february ;_;

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Had to resort to co-op to defeat four kings.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Giants Citizen Kabuto

:thumbsup:

Wasn't there some controversy when it got released? Something about only a censored version being available in the US (sort of a "reverse" fallout 2 stunt, where Europeans got the gimped version)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finished up Far Cry 3 tonight. It fell into the same trap that most games seem to, and one that bugs me, where you just know the final stages of the game are coming up because they send wave after wave after wave of enemies at you.

I also hated the QTE during one of the final battles. There was a sequence of, I believe, 4 different chains of QTE. But if you screwed any of them up, you had to go through all 4 again, including some pretty long dialogue leading up to it.

Despite those two complaints, I enjoyed myself. Definitely worth the price of purchase, and definitely the type of game (for the most part) I'd have no issue dishing out money on future installments.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished up Far Cry 3 tonight. It fell into the same trap that most games seem to, and one that bugs me, where you just know the final stages of the game are coming up because they send wave after wave after wave of enemies at you.

I also hated the QTE during one of the final battles. There was a sequence of, I believe, 4 different chains of QTE. But if you screwed any of them up, you had to go through all 4 again, including some pretty long dialogue leading up to it.

Despite those two complaints, I enjoyed myself. Definitely worth the price of purchase, and definitely the type of game (for the most part) I'd have no issue dishing out money on future installments.

Nice, I think I'll be trying this game next. Generally I have heard only comments about it.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Giants Citizen Kabuto

Wasn't there some controversy when it got released? Something about only a censored version being available in the US (sort of a "reverse" fallout 2 stunt, where Europeans got the gimped version)

Mermaid bra and green blood. Not sure about the specific version in each region - it was apparently trivial to circumvent anyway, but I don't recall what version my Australian bundled copy (with a Sound Blaster Audigy) was.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

trying to find a fun turn based rpg to play

maybe its time to finally replay toee, i haven't played it since it was released, i remember it being pretty ok

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

On slightly different note, I know what I will not play for a really long time if ever and that is Hitman Absolution, just what the bloody hell have they done to my favorite antihero /stealth franchise?

Edited by Ywerion

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

maybe its time to finally replay toee, i haven't played it since it was released, i remember it being pretty ok

Check out Eschalon: Book I & Book II, if you haven't already. ;)

As for me, I'm continuing to frag the **** out of massive swarms of baddies in Serious Sam 3: BFE. You know, his one liners may be cheesy, but I find them strangely endearing.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Purchased myself Yakuza 4 despite me not liking that kind of games, and the experiment was worth the 17 EUR... I am actually enjoying the game O.o

I am just pissed at myself, that I started the game on Easy difficulty, but I am still having fun... So much fun, that I have ordered myself Yakuza 3 as well, and I am hoping that Yakuza 1/2 HD for PS3 will be released in Europe in a timely manner O.o

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Giants Citizen Kabuto

Oh yes the character of Delphi (sort of rusalka or water nymph with great martial prowess) was originally supposed to be bare chested but US censors can't stand women breasts, so it got censored out and she was given extra piece of cloth, only for modders to make patch that restores her original look. :grin:

Edited by Ywerion

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

Purchased myself Yakuza 4 despite me not liking that kind of games, and the experiment was worth the 17 EUR... I am actually enjoying the game O.o

I am just pissed at myself, that I started the game on Easy difficulty, but I am still having fun... So much fun, that I have ordered myself Yakuza 3 as well, and I am hoping that Yakuza 1/2 HD for PS3 will be released in Europe in a timely manner O.o

Yakuza 3 is so damn good. I like it even better than Y4.

• Like 1

After "magically" giving my party some lower resistance scrolls, my party too out the shadow dragon. Nothing like a pair of lower resistance followed by a salvo of lightning bolts from wands to soften up the old lizard (whose name I can never remember).

Now to see if I can repeat the exercise with Firkraag in Windspear Hills. Not doing too many rests along the way, since I don't want Viconia and Keldorn to have a go at each other before getting some red scales for a new suit of armour ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Working roughly 11am-4am each day, though with lots of chatting inbetween. Hoping to tackle the shadow dragon myself and keep the LP alive in the long weekend...

I doubt I'll tackle Windspear Hills in Chapter 2, though. I'm pretty sure with SCS it's asking for a party wipe.

After "magically" giving my party some lower resistance scrolls, my party too out the shadow dragon. Nothing like a pair of lower resistance followed by a salvo of lightning bolts from wands to soften up the old lizard (whose name I can never remember).

Now to see if I can repeat the exercise with Firkraag in Windspear Hills. Not doing too many rests along the way, since I don't want Viconia and Keldorn to have a go at each other before getting some red scales for a new suit of armour ;)

You have trouble remembering "Thaxll'ssillyia"? It's not that hard. ;)

Some more Dark Souls. Then I tried the DmC demo. Was not impressed. The dialogue in the boss fight is actually worse than I'd expected, in that it's precisely what I'd heard and it was not exaggerated in the telling.

Then I tried the DmC demo. Was not impressed.

While it seems counter-intuitive, a way to enjoy the combat system a lot more is to avoid optimizing damage. In the original titles that was what the style meter encouraged, but now it's completely tied to damage :/ Also color-coded enemies kind of ruin that, but that should be mitigated by the additional demon/angel weapons in the final game.

Fallout Tactics :) Avernum Saga. Maybe Heroes 6 though not good as previous games.

Also there is a new "indie" coming named Omerta: City of Gangster on gog.com. Seems like a nice game but gonna released end of this month.

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Finally managed to find the right spot to tap for a room in bg1, so I'm back on the ipad version (for reference, the patch currently in approval is supposed to have more intelligent tap-and-click recognition, for which I've been waiting). Only at Friendly Arm, will see what happens next.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Then I tried the DmC demo. Was not impressed.

While it seems counter-intuitive, a way to enjoy the combat system a lot more is to avoid optimizing damage. In the original titles that was what the style meter encouraged, but now it's completely tied to damage :/ Also color-coded enemies kind of ruin that, but that should be mitigated by the additional demon/angel weapons in the final game.

I don't think that's the problem I'm having with combat or with the game overall. Combat, I didn't hit my stride with in the demo. I kept pulling out the wrong weapon/shifting into the wrong stance. I think that's something I might be able to get over with more practice, if I felt compelled. It's something that may be paced out better in the game too, starting with only rebellion, then getting one demon/angel weapon, then getting the other.

But I think it was more an issue for me that I only had like 3 fights in the non-boss level.  And then just running around looking for platforms. There was no challenge, either, not even in those challenge rooms. I'm playing on Nephilim and essentially fumbling at the controls, and the only dying I did was to the boss when I didn't figure out it wanted me to hookshot to another platform to avoid the barf.

I think that's what impressed me least about it. That the dialogue was a trade of juvenile insults and swearing while fighting a barf monster.