Random video game news... the critical eyes have it

What bothers me about BG and party based games is that I literally feel like I'm playing work!  I'm a manager in charge of a department in a grocery store and I have 7 "party members" that I have to keep track of and make sure I don't p*ss them off to much or they'll "quit the party" and leave and each one has their own unique set of personalities and back stories and their own set of skills and some are higher level then others and I have to constantly keep track of their movements and actions and heal them if they get injured.

I mean jeez I just want to shed all of that and be a lone wolf on my free time!  Can anyone sympathize with me here? xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

For some reason GoG is downloading for me 15  gig patch for terra invicta - I am wondering why such game need even 15 gig of space...

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

2 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

For some reason GoG is downloading for me 15  gig patch for terra invicta - I am wondering why such game need even 15 gig of space...

It's probably so the aliens can spy on you while you play.

• Haha 1

Dmitri Glukhovsky, the author behind Metro 2033 and 2034 novels, has been sentenced in absence to 8 years prison time for "Discrediting of Russian Army" by court in Moscow. Thankfully he has fled Russia more than a year ago, so for now he is safe. Also, his novels are not allowed to sell in Russia, due to his criticism of "SMO".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 8/5/2023 at 9:08 PM, ComradeYellow said:

I mean jeez I just want to shed all of that and be a lone wolf on my free time!  Can anyone sympathize with me here? xD

yes, and no. I think BG3 lacks tools to make it smoother (you can't access inventory of characters not in your current party, nor level them up, and adding/removing characters is tedious). I think there is also a dissonance between narrative (group of independed individuals with their own agendas) and gameplay experience in singleplayers - main character, and mindless drones with story content at your disposal. I think that if there was a narrative reason for us to be in charge (like in traiditional Bioware RPGs) it would go down smoother. I see it as a side effect of coop design - as players we are not really designed to babysit the party and the game doesn't quite work if you play it like that.

That said, I do like micromanaging my party! I am glad that Larian decided not to kill off spare party members like they did in D:OS2. I still might kill off Astarion. Everything he says just enforces me in belief that he is a danger to himself and everyone around him. Actually, so his Gale. And Laez. And maybe Shadowheart.

• Like 3

Had a hearty laugh at Diablo 4's patch notes.

The following Nightmare Dungeon affixes have been removed:

• Resource Burn
  • Backstabbers
  • Empowered Elites (Cold Enchanted)

Okay then, so these were sort of annoying. Not as annoying as Stormbane's Wrath and Lightning Storm, but it will somewhat reduce my salvaging of sigils.

Same patch notes, down a ways:

• Fixed an issue where the Determination malignant power wouldn't function against the Resource Burn affix for Nightmare Dungeons.
  • Fixed an issue where the Resource Burn affix for Nightmare Dungeons was applying from close enemies and not just distant enemies.

Okay. Why not fix some bugs related to a nightmare dungeon affix that is dropped with the same patch. :p

Patch notes also claim that the Fury of Fate quest is fixed. Yay. So, maybe I can finally finish it, right? Yeah, no. Still bugged out.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Not sure why they had to copy WoW's affixes from Mythic for this.  Goblins dropping a legendary guaranteed is nice, they seem exceptionally annoying to chase around this time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

Overwatch 2 is out on steam, and getting review bombed hard.

I guess people are enjoying the opportunity to provide public feedback to Blizzard.

Steam reviews really are useless to read, once the game passes a certain size, apparently people were posting reviews on Bg3 that were just dumping on Diablo 4 :lol:

But I guess these people are going to jerk themselves off thinking they owned Blizzard here. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

RDR is now available on the PS4, PS5(Backwards Compatibility) and the Switch.

Edit: still at 30fps and priced 50 bucks. R* sure like money. AVOID! 

Edited by Katphood
  • Thanks 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The PvP looks hectic. If they have a halfway decent spectator mode this could have a shot to make it as an eSport.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 years ago today Valve released Proton, their compatibility layer based on WINE for running Windows games on Linux, forever changing the gaming landscape for weirdos like me that run the operating system with the penguin mascot.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks