What are you Playing Now? No really, tell us more...

Wormerine

If you remove the concept of levels altogether, to save on costs and development time, all enemies will be perfectly level-scaled at all times. So it could happen that way.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

My communist upbringing is intrigued by this.

True rpg level-scaling and thus equality can only be achieved by the complete abolition of levels.

NPCs, monsters and critters of the gaming world unite and cease the means of your oppression: the over-leveledness of the player character.

Edited by melkathi
typo
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

9 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Elex 2 is off to a good start. It plays like the original and the graphics received a nice boost. Still only about an hour in, but it seems right in line with the original.

Same levels of jank?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hades. It's a lot of fun and I love the aesthetic. I think this is going to replace Grim Dawn as my go to hack n slash for when I'm in the mood for that sort of thing.

Edited by KP the Torque Dork
My spelling is awful lmao
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 minutes ago, KP the Torque Dork said:

Hades. It's a lot of fun and I love the aesthetic. I think this is going to replace Grim Dawn as my go to hack n slash for when I'm in the mood for that sort of thing.

Heresy!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'd be playing Elex 2 except it doesn't like Vega cards*. I can currently choose between endless soothing clouds, or frantic flickering shapes when trying dxvk. I did manage to pick up an arrow completely randomly at least, with that with the tech troubles I know it has to be a PB game even if I can't see it.

*Shouldn't have complained about their weird tech specs all requiring RDNA cards, though apparently it runs fine on 4/500 series...

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 9:35 PM, uuuhhii said:

more likely to be same level of janky

eurojank vs jrpgjank

Elden Ring janky? DS1 had some jank, but FromSoftware releases have been rather refined for some time. Outside poor port, I found nothing janky in it so far. Nor did I in DS3 or Sekiro. 

I want to buy Elden Ring, but I don't want to buy it on PC and I don't want to buy it on PS4 either. : x

Also I'm scared of it eating countless hours of my time.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

10 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I want to buy Elden Ring, but I don't want to buy it on PC and I don't want to buy it on PS4 either.

I heard best performance at the moment is PS4 version running on PS5 😬. I am fortunate to have not too many issues on PC but stuttering on open world can be annoying. 

Will grab Elex 2 when it is on sale and no longer present in the zeitgeist, then.  

Still going through Darkest Detective, on the 4th case. The 3rd case was the most interesting to play, in my opinion.  Overall game's not hard or anything, I feel strangely that that is a negative, maybe side effect of the more abusive older adventure games I played when I was a kid. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My main gripe with Elden Ring is that they took away moves, from a fighting game, in order to make weapon arts customizable. It's the next evolution of Dark Souls, and I'm missing a minimum of two moves, the kick and the second weapon art, for those weapons who had two. They gave me the iconic Uchi Katana as a starting weapon. and it's not the uchi katana.. what gives. 

Everything is not as good. When there is too much real-estate you also stop caring about exploration. It's basically Skyrim with no cities. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Totally not Gorgon said:

Everything is not as good. When there is too much real-estate you also stop caring about exploration.

The legacy dungeon that I did I thought was excellent, with two great bosses and some unique encounters with tougher enemies. 

I so start having an issue with open world - the main appeal of finding new stuff is doing fun content, but I am getting too overleveled for the area - making the encounters forgettable. Rewards aren't particularly great as I just get more and more sidegrades that I am unlikely to use. I hear later areas get tougher so I am looking forward to that.

I was a bit concerned that the Elden Ring open world would not engage me. Breath of the Wild was also a bit too barren for my tastes. I like to have some cities and people in my worlds. I almost gave up on Conan Exiles early because of this too. In Conan, almost everyone is trying to kill you, so even though there are communities all over the map, they aren't welcoming. But then I got my head around the fact that a sharp rap over the head and a bit of time on the wheel of pain can make anyone a friendly npc. :p

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

But then I got my head around the fact that a sharp rap over the head and a bit of time on the wheel of pain can make anyone a friendly npc. :p

I like to put my wheel of pain right on the edge of a cliff. It gives my captives recruits a new perspective on things. 

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

I was a bit concerned that the Elden Ring open world would not engage me.

That's pretty much every open world game I ever tried. Dragon Age: Inquisition's Hinterlands was already too large.

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

38 minutes ago, majestic said:

That's pretty much every open world game I ever tried. Dragon Age: Inquisition's Hinterlands was already too large.

Yeah.  It was the first dragon age game I played and I thought hinterland was the whole game.  Then I found the world map and stopped playing.

Speaking of huge... playing Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons. Only 4 days in, so still a long way to go (skipping everything except the main story line at the moment)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Went ahead and bought Elden Ring for PC, because I am weak.

First thing I saw was lots of graphic artifacts on the screen. Luckily that was fixed with updating my graphic drivers. Other than that... visually it looks great. Kinda makes me want to have Bloodborne with that paintjob on it. : x

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

9 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

I'm about 15 hours into Elex 2 and sitting around level 13. I've scrounged enough weapons and armor and had enough levels that I'm starting to get to the point of not having to run in every fight. Wish my babymama wasn't such a nag, though.

The nagging is realistic and justified. Don't be a deadbeat dad. :p