RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

I don't know why Microsoft would want to buy a company that makes PRGs...

The sad part about not having editors actually edit.

Corporations do not think like people. They think like Lovecraftian monstrosities from alien dimensions that they are.

"Hey EA Bob, we here bought a RPG-making company that's famous for writing and character interaction. What do you think we should do with it?"

"Why EA Chad, set it to make always online shoot'n'looter with no story or character interaction! Obviously, duh!"

And yet Anthem already looks somehow better and deeper than the Mass Effect. Ergo they made the right call.

Had the Beatles had a 5th member, they would have done rather well.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Obsidian still has that Tim Cain/Leonard Boyarsky project they're doing with 2K, don't they? Wouldn't an acquisition by Microsoft kind of be stepping on their toes?

That project would be the most likely reason for any MS purchase, so they'd have to buy Take 2 out of their contract as well, presumably. That's the main reason I'm pretty skeptical about the rumours- apart from a resetera random and kotaku as sources not exactly being of ironclad reliability. I can't really think of any other reason MS would be interested apart from Project Indiana/ Outer Worlds.

Sighs, if this is true, it would be awesome deal for the owners, but ****ty deal for players. Obsidian will be part of streaming only future, where everything they make will be subject of recurring revenue live services :/ and I can't really imagine anything good comming out of that :/

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Even if it happens. nothing will change. Forums will stay.

Are you sure? 

I wouldn't mind if they'd rescue our little oasis here. Keep it all pretty much as it is, just change the name of the forums: Obsidian Legacy. The devs very rarely interact with us here, anyways, and most of us just complain about the games the Obsidz make, so we wouldn't probably notice much difference. :p

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

A Well Managed Industry
In Cities: Skylines, Industry becomes a larger and more meaningful part of the game. Players can customize their industrial areas with supply chains for the four different resource types and unique factories. Well managed industry areas will level up and become more efficient.

Synthetic Dawn Radio:
Get in the groove with some stellar tunes from Synthetic Dawn, the most far-out radio station in Cities: Skylines for sure, dude. The channel consists of 16 songs divided into four sub-genres ranging from 80’s Electro to Futuristic Synths.
Main Features
-> Make It Happen: Follow your products from harvesting to processing, storage and production, then transport them to commercial zones or export to other cities.

-> Captain Your Own Industry: Define an area with the industry area tool and place highly specialized industrial buildings to build and manage the production chain from raw material extraction up to final end product. Industry Areas are divided into four types based on the natural resource they are processing: Farming, Forest, Ore and Oil. These areas can level up upon reaching productions goals and staffing requirements.

-> Build it up, Buttercup : New industrial buildings include Extractors, Warehouse Facilities, Processing and Auxiliary Buildings, Industrial Props and Roads. Unique Factories, such as Food, Toy, Furniture, Car and Electronics produce luxury products, and require a large quantity of workers, water and electricity as well as input from your industries.

-> Ship Ip: Manage traffic and logistics with industry warehouses and the use of the new Cargo Services including a cargo airport.

-> Go Postal: Boost your citizens’ well-being with mail delivery and collection services. Post sorting facilities handle mail between outside connections and the post offices, and new Post Van and Truck vehicles enable the carriage.

-> Wonk Hard: Three new Industry Policies and four City-wide Policies, including Workers’ Union, Sorting, Tolls, Wi-Fi, Logistics, Work Safety and Automation.

-> Five New Maps: Rich in natural resources, transportation options and industrial opportunities, these new maps have all the right stuff.

-> Four New Hats for Chirper!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

My name is Jim Vessella, and I’m a Producer at Electronic Arts. Ten years ago I had the pleasure of being on the production team for Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert 3, along with being the Lead Producer on Kane’s Wrath. During those years, some of my favorite moments were interacting with our passionate community, whether at our onsite Community Summits, on the forums, or while attending various events such as Gamescom.

As most of you may know, we recently announced Command & Conquer: Rivals, a mobile game set in the Command & Conquer universe. Following the reveal of Rivals, we heard you loud and clear: the Command & Conquer community also wants to see the franchise return to PC. And as a fan of C&C for over 20 years, I couldn’t agree more. With that in mind we’ve been exploring some exciting ideas regarding remastering the classic PC games, and already have the ball rolling on our first effort to celebrate the upcoming 25th Year Anniversary.

We are eager to hear your feedback to help influence our current thoughts for PC and what comes next. Over the next few weeks we’ll be talking to fans in a variety of ways. In the meantime, please share your thoughts here on the OpenRA forums.

As a long time C&C fan and developer, I am just as passionate about the C&C franchise as you are, and look forward to hearing your thoughts as they help us shape the future of C&C at EA!

Thanks!

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-teases-command-and-conquer-remasters-wants-to-know-what-you-think/

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My name is Jim Vessella, and I’m a Producer at Electronic Arts. Ten years ago I had the pleasure of being on the production team for Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert 3, along with being the Lead Producer on Kane’s Wrath. During those years, some of my favorite moments were interacting with our passionate community, whether at our onsite Community Summits, on the forums, or while attending various events such as Gamescom.

As most of you may know, we recently announced Command & Conquer: Rivals, a mobile game set in the Command & Conquer universe. Following the reveal of Rivals, we heard you loud and clear: the Command & Conquer community also wants to see the franchise return to PC. And as a fan of C&C for over 20 years, I couldn’t agree more. With that in mind we’ve been exploring some exciting ideas regarding remastering the classic PC games, and already have the ball rolling on our first effort to celebrate the upcoming 25th Year Anniversary.

We are eager to hear your feedback to help influence our current thoughts for PC and what comes next. Over the next few weeks we’ll be talking to fans in a variety of ways. In the meantime, please share your thoughts here on the OpenRA forums.

As a long time C&C fan and developer, I am just as passionate about the C&C franchise as you are, and look forward to hearing your thoughts as they help us shape the future of C&C at EA!

Thanks!

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-teases-command-and-conquer-remasters-wants-to-know-what-you-think/

I am not sure its clever move from EA to ask fans of CnC what they think about them xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I am hoping they add a progression system and loot boxes.

I am hoping they add a progression system and loot boxes.

C&C 5 had a progression system.

It was a neat experimental RTS that should not have been a main series C&C.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I am asking for your input on how we should handle the PC remasters of these beloved classic games purely as a front. I may have the best of intentions, but your suggestions will fall on deaf ears and we will ultimately do what our soulless suit-wearing overlords demand of us, after they finish their daily breakfast of freshly squeezed infant blood.

Thanks!

:p Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://www.gog.com/game/thronebreaker_the_witcher_tales

Probably old  news but I have already ordered this one  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's Bethesda. Wouldn't be their Fallout game if they wouldn't ruin everything, no?

Hoping Fallout 76 is going to tank, but Bethesda has apparently been very busy trying to, errr, persuade the press, or at least Youtubers (tho I'd very much doubt they would stop there), of how great the game is...

Now I wouldn't generally care for a game to tank, even one I expect to be trash, but if F76 does well chances of another offline Fallout game go straight out the window (and they might just give TES the same treatment). I need my modding sandbox, damnit!

I want 76 to bomb as well but who are we kidding, a bad Bethesda game will still sell like crazy and get a 9 or 10 from ign.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I don't get why anyone would root for a major RPG studio to fail. I didn't much care for the direction Fallout 4 went, but that sounds like a petty way to live life. Personally I'm just hoping Fallout 76 corrects some of the issues I had with 4.

• Like 3

I like Bethesda, I want them to succeed, I just really want 76 to fail, the game itself because, well, no other reason than it's different and I don't like it. I like their other Fallouts, Elder Scrolls, etc.

• Like 1

I don't get why anyone would root for a major RPG studio to fail. I didn't much care for the direction Fallout 4 went, but that sounds like a petty way to live life. Personally I'm just hoping Fallout 76 corrects some of the issues I had with 4.

Pretty simple, really. If they fail, the IP they own will be up for grabs by someone who might do something better with it than simply re-iterate on the same formula except to jump on the games-as-a-service bandwagon. Their success will also be taken by others as proof that paid mods can be made to work, which is something most people probably don't want.

Me, I don't care either way. But I'd bet my bottom dollar that it'll sell like hotcakes. Bethesda may suck at making games, but it's plain that they are great at delivering stuff that a lot of people want.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't get why anyone would root for a major RPG studio to fail.

I think what irks me about it is that they bought the Fallout license, but they really couldn't give a **** about it. I mean a bland 50's theme post apocalyptic world with vaults is all they needed. They didn't need the canon, they didn't need the name, they certainly didn't use them. Elder Scrolls is bland generic fantasy themed game, and it's fine, I understand why it's successful, people put their own imagination into it. Their engine is extremely easy to mod and work with. I can't stand the gameplay, auto-levelling, or writing but not every game's for me. It's that they bought Fallout when they didn't have to, they never have and never intended to make a Fallout game with it.

I don't think a Bethesda game based on Borderlands, Mad Max, or Rage would look that much different, or be less successful. While they're at it why don't they buy up more classic RPG franchises and **** on them too?

• Like 4

I want Bethesda to stay alive just because I love the horror franchise they publish, I have a hate/love relationship with Skyrim, loved Oblivion, didn't care for the others too much. I enjoyed FO4 more than FO3 except for the Minecraft crap. Most stupid thing ever, seeing people post what they've built lol

Well, to be honest, it's not like Fallout 1 and 2 weren't bland 50's postapocalyptic theme with Vaults. What made those games were mainly their writers and designers, and regardless who got the IP in their hands, the game just wouldn't be the same without the same team. I mean F2 already saw big changes in staff from F1 and it made all the difference in the world with the fairly radical shift in tone between the two games - to the point where I ended up linking Fallout 3 more than I did Fallout 2, but I didn't really like Fallout 2 all that much to begin with. The original is one of my top games of all time tho.