RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Isn't Mutant and Mutant Chronicles related?  IIRC from what I read Mutant was revised into a space version which was the basis for Mutant Chronicles.

Is that right?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

IIRC, Mutant Chronicles is a Mutant RPG from Target Games, the publisher that took over the Mutant series after Äventyrsspel and started making Mutant R.Y.M.D. (an abbrev. corresponding to "S.P.A.C.E."). To me, though, the only Mutant, the real McCoy, would be the Äventyrsspel-version, for the simple reason that this is the only Mutant I've played and Gm'ed. :p

Hmm, found this little bit of info:

The rights to Mutant Chronicles are now in the hands of *drumroll* Paradox!

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

IIRC, Mutant Chronicles is a Mutant RPG from Target Games, the publisher that took over the Mutant series after Äventyrsspel and started making Mutant R.Y.M.D. (an abbrev. corresponding to "S.P.A.C.E."). To me, though, the only Mutant, the real McCoy, would be the Äventyrsspel-version, for the simple reason that this is the only Mutant I've played and Gm'ed. :p

The rights to Mutant Chronicles are now in the hands of *drumroll* Paradox!

I wish they had made a version of Mutant 2089 instead. :p

Or Mutant Chronicles, that'd be nice. But I'd rather have a WH40K Rogue Trader game.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

IIRC, Mutant Chronicles is a Mutant RPG from Target Games, the publisher that took over the Mutant series after Äventyrsspel and started making Mutant R.Y.M.D. (an abbrev. corresponding to "S.P.A.C.E."). To me, though, the only Mutant, the real McCoy, would be the Äventyrsspel-version, for the simple reason that this is the only Mutant I've played and Gm'ed. :p

The rights to Mutant Chronicles are now in the hands of *drumroll* Paradox!

Paradox has been trying to increase the type of games they publish for quite some time. I also know that they like to focus on small developers, but that was before the age of kickstarter. Within the last year, they purchased Hairbrained Schemes, the makers of the latest Shadowrun CRPGs and Battletech, which was published by Paradox.

On a related note, they also own White Wolf, the creators of World of Darkness, and White Wolf is laregly independent. There is a CRPG being developed for WoD Werewolf that is being published by Focus Home Interactive and not Paradox.

While the DLC policy for their self published games is on par with EA's handling of the Sims franchise, Paradox by and large is not EA.

The title of the video says it all.

But but but, the games are expensive to make, we need to put all the “optional” microtransactions in our games, waaaaah, waaah

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

lol @ Bethsoft creativity. They are so incapable of coming up with good new factions, so they have to milk the existing ones over and over and over again.

The Enclave should have been gone with Fo2 already, the BoS shouldn't even exist at this point of time on this side of the world... It's just so hard to ignore for me. Even though I really don't want to care, I somehow still do.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

lol @ Bethsoft creativity. They are so incapable of coming up with good new factions, so they have to milk the existing ones over and over and over again.

The Enclave should have been gone with Fo2 already, the BoS shouldn't even exist at this point of time on this side of the world... It's just so hard to ignore for me. Even though I really don't want to care, I somehow still do.

In this day and age. If you have an IP, you just repackage what made it great in a format that resonates with a new generation, raking in a few veteran fans is a bonus.

Fallout 76 won't feature any private servers or modding in the first year after release (gotta milk those suckers for stuff modders do better for free, y'know) so that gives one plenty of time to form an opinion on the game after release. (source:

warning: MxR)

On that note, modders have started fo fix structural problem with Fallout 4's (apparently crappy) code: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35382

Meaning it apparently takes around 3 years before modders manage to work up the tools/figure out the mess that Beth created before they can start fixing a game at a structural level, so there's no real rush to get Fallout 76 I would say... ;)

Man, I hope someone figures out a way to entirely redo those workshop menus, a search feature would be killer...

As to the Enclave returning, the lastest FO4 paid mod also features the Enclave, so yeah. Not that I give a toss about the story, factions are just different uniforms to shoot (and loot) in Bethesda Fallout games anyway.

• Like 1

Is there a list of these paid mods somewhere? I can't find anything about it.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Creation_Club

Bethesda's site for the Creation Club is here: https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

EDIT: and the one that gring the Enclave into FO4 is the X-02 Power Armor mod

Edited by marelooke

Man, considering these prices, that's some pure garbage DLCs. Looks like even Oblivion Horse Armor had a better price value.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What I hate most about Fallout 76 are the reused assets from Fallout 4 which seem to be about 80 percent of the game. How is it that I am using the same ugly handcrafted pistol from Fallout 4?!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Reusing the same factions isn't a bad idea. I just wish they hadn't turned the Brotherhood of Steel into boyscouts.

They already did that in FO3 and then reversed course in a ham fisted manner in 4. Why did Maxson turn into literally Hitler? Because reasons!

What I hate most about Fallout 76 are the reused assets from Fallout 4 which seem to be about 80 percent of the game. How is it that I am using the same ugly handcrafted pistol from Fallout 4?!

Because they need something to keep people engaged until Oblivion in Space, and a low-effort FO4 repackage that tries to cash in on the multiplayer survival-building-crafting fad just hits the spot.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

FONV California might have me turning that game on again for the first time in forever. Although...watching the trailers, I'm not 100% sold.

I don't get any specific S/S.E. California/desert vibe from it yet. Is there a destroyed ruin of the star's handprints Chinese Theater?  :biggrin:

I think I saw a map of the CA territory they claim to cover ... I hope it's a little more than just indoor locations and NV-graphics with some pine trees.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Because they need something to keep people engaged until Oblivion in Space, and a low-effort FO4 repackage that tries to cash in on the multiplayer survival-building-crafting fad just hits the spot.

I don't know. I'm skeptical about the survival/build/craft fad as well, but Fallout 4 had an insane amount of content, so I can hardly fault them for re-using assets. Why reinvent the wheel?

Actually it is the reinventions that tend to bug me. SPECIAL didn't need to be reinvented, and they made a mess out of it.

I see no point in recreating the same graphic assets over and over again. They already exist, they have a reasonable quality, so why not use them?

I don't know. I'm skeptical about the survival/build/craft fad as well, but Fallout 4 had an insane amount of content, so I can hardly fault them for re-using assets. Why reinvent the wheel?

Actually it is the reinventions that tend to bug me. SPECIAL didn't need to be reinvented, and they made a mess out of it.

Well that's Bethesda's entire MO lately. Reuse everything but tweak something. If the game sells well, then that means everyone likes that tweak, so do it again in the next game!

I see no point in recreating the same graphic assets over and over again. They already exist, they have a reasonable quality, so why not use them?

Because you are reminding me of the Soviet Union.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I hope they repackaged them at least because the Fallout 4 assets were pretty bad for the size they were.

Repackaging them or finding a mod that does that generally increases performance (and loading times) by quite a bit and replacing them with higher resolution new ones ironically enough often increases performance and graphical quality...

If it was a free(mium) addon to FO4, I'd understand them reusing most assets and basically slapping a bunch of network libraries on top of a new map and then calling it a day. In a $60 game? Seems to me like they are trying to double-dip, as it were.

Don't get me wrong, it may be a fun game to explore with friends, and I may pick it up at some point if/when they make private instances a possibility, and provided I'm not forced to use Bethesda's proprietary bloatware. However it'll assuredly be at a heavy discount, as befits the production values they've shown.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.