RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

I think young talent is always good to recruit though, the beightest minds are usually the inexperienced since they are so fresh and untainted. All the old folk developers have only failed our hopes for producing our dream games in the past so it's time for a change.

Question is, will we as older gamers embrace younger talented folk, will we be able to do so without criticizing them like the nagging wife due to old habbit expectations? I feel most of the time I am too hard on them personally but with the new indie movement proving that a single teenager can make a game that can hold its own when put up against our nost beloved games, the journey towards more wisdom sought to continue. It's something we must all strive for since none of us are developers/programmers.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

You must work in crap part of EU. In civilization we get +50% for overtime and +100% on weekends.

We also have a normal overtime regulations like everyone else, with a 50% markup for regular weekday overtime and a 100% markup for Sunday/holiday work and even higher ones for people working (graveyard) shifts, dangerous or dirty work. Most pople have regular work contracts and get paid overtime.

I just don't, and funny as that may sound, by choice. That I can sit here at 09:10 in the morning and type up this post before I leave for work is a big part of it. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Space communism, playable crime syndicates complete with hostile takeovers, planet-wide cities, and a few more megastructures.

I really hope the next big patch is a diplomacy overhaul.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

it should include trade overhaul as well?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Wonder if they'll ever bother with espionage. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

it should include trade overhaul as well?

Yes and no. The things listed are exclusively the paid stuff. The general economy overhaul is part of the upcoming 2.2 Le Guin patch, which will release at the same time, but is free.

The stream also had some cheap shots at scientology and lootboxes (which the game now technically includes), but was surprisingly to the point concerning expansion features.

Wonder if they'll ever bother with espionage. 

Yeah. The game is currently sorely lacking in ways to deal with other countries that aren't outright war. What they showed regarding the crime syndicate civic is a step in that direction, so maybe if that sort of thing is well received they'll explore it more. I miss Coup Nation 667 (1000).

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Hellgate: London is back from the dead and is now available on Steam as a single-player game: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-24-hellgate-london-returns-to-steam

That might actually end up being a purchase for me. I still have the original box here somewhere.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I always wanted to try Hellgate: London back in the days because people kept saying it was like an fps Diablo. Sadly, I never got to. I might buy it.

I'll wait for GOG release :p

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

That is exactly what I had in mind as well. It is much easier for me to buy games from GOG.

Edit: Would you guys/gals mind a remaster of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel for the PC?! :p

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Alan Wake back on Steam and GOG, apparently music licensing issues resolved.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Metro 2033 is for free for 24 hours on steam. Everyone should grab it :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

https://youtu.be/AdPSeO9wpi8

The PS Vita is still alive! *wub* *wub*

Please give us a PS Vita 2/PS4 Portable, Sony! You have made enough money to buy a country.

EDIT: A canceled PSP horror rpg by Level-5 called 'Ushiro' is being rereleased for the Switch: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-26-professor-layton-dev-level-5-is-resurrecting-a-long-cancelled-horror-rpg-for-switch

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

The Vita is so much better than the DSi and 3DS, crazy how it almost has no life but glad it's still alive if even by a thread, too beautiful of a device to go to waste.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

God damnit, the RDR2 hype is so high, but I don't want to spend 500€ on it right now.

I'd rather go for Xbone, as I don't like the playstation gamepad. Do the new consoles have HDD or SSD drives? Don't want to have yet another noise-maker in my room either. I'm so happy about my PC not doing any aggressive noises anymore.

/Edit: ugh, seems Last of Us is playstation exclusive... so I guess the next game will be as well. That means I probably have to go with PS4 if I'll do it at all... I hate exclusive games so damn much.

/Edit2: But RDR2 seems to look best on the latest Xbox One X (lol there are multiple console versions nowadays.. hilarious).

Honestly, I just want it for PC, then I don't have any of the above problems.....

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I haven't bought it yet but I'll probably buy it for the Xbone X.

The Xbone has a hdd but it isn't all that loud really.

Edit: Actually, I won't be buying it for anything because I don't have the dough.

Edited by Katphood

I just don't play enough console games to really be able to justify the price. This and The Last of Us 2 would be the only titles to interest me at this point. Even for the PS3 I've played only few games... The Last of Us, the Metal Gear Solid franchise, Dark Souls 2 and I think that's it. Man, the price / use ratio is horrible bad if I compare that with everything I do on the PC. I'm also using the PS3 as a bluray play, but ffs, the only bluray I have is Mad Max Fury Road. :D So what's the point, really...

/Edit: Ffs, Bloodborne is also PS exclusive. This is ridiculous.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."