RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Witcher 1 sold 1 million, Witcher 2 sold 1.7 millions (physical copies up to 2015).

There have been another millions of free copies of Witcher 1 offered as a promo before release of Witcher 2 and 3. Also loads and loads of Witcher 2 for free on GOG. The penetrations of the market is not counted just in units sold... Books in Witcher series in Eastern Europe sold like hotcakes before release of the game. If you never heard about that book before the games, it's only you to blame to miss out on quality literature...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I think there is a middle ground where the author get's a fairer compensation and CDPR maintains feasible margins to continue making more money. If the licensing fees were too high early on, CDPR would be less likely to have made it up to the highly successful third entry.

Witcher 1 sold 1 million, Witcher 2 sold 1.7 millions (physical copies up to 2015).

There have been another millions of free copies of Witcher 1 offered as a promo before release of Witcher 2 and 3. Also loads and loads of Witcher 2 for free on GOG. The penetrations of the market is not counted just in units sold... Books in Witcher series in Eastern Europe sold like hotcakes before release of the game. If you never heard about that book before the games, it's only you to blame to miss out on quality literature...

That's the thing though, most of those were high discount sales for Witcher 1 and 2, bought on bug sales, just sit in the libraries because people don't want to play an infereior rendition of the Witcher. The answer is far too many copies being unplayed as they sit in stasis for eternity. So I wouldn't exactly count on the copies sold for a couple bucks or given free defining a relevance to the fanbase in correspondence to familiarity with the franchise.

Either way, around 35 million copies have been sold in 3 years for Witcher 3, there is something to be said if the best-selling game does not generate the interest in the rest of the franchise. I also look at the interest judged by the achievements chart which staples in design of interest among players/owners which is the most accurate system since it's never outdated or wrong.

I suspect by this time next year, Witcher 3 will have sold 50 million copies at non-discounts as people comtinue to hype Cyberpunk 2077, thus creating familiarity and interest in CDPR, while Witcher 1 and 2 interest continues to stay stagnant.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yes, in Eastern Europe, not the rest of civilization where the games were the first exposure to the universe. If I recall, only two of his books were translated to English prior to the release of the third game; the games are solely responsible for his work reaching the vastly larger audience of Not Eastern Europe.

I almost missed this jewel :o

Jim Sterling to the rescue :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

And...

The most important game news/info of the day emerges

Behold! If Harry Potter fans weren't already orgasming at Nagani's transformation.

Additionally, Cyberpunk 2077 has been comfirmed to release next year, so looks like it won't be on next-gen after all (makes sense since it doesn't look like it would require next-gen power on any level).

Like I said, most important game news of the day folks!!

*Says humbly*

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

A bit of a Cyberpunk 2077-looking rip-off appeared on Kickstarter. They're seeking 600k and projecting for a year release on current consoles and pc.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/973007964/the-nothing-a-cyberpunk-rpg

The Nothing - A TRUE Cyberpunk rpg with third person pov.

From the kickstarter page:

What we have shared above is about 5% of the entire story. Which is extremely involved and well thought out.

I am brimming with confidence here, yes sir

We would rather delete the game from our lives and the world than go through a publisher who will pick it apart, dictate direction and limit our creativity. 

This is a dark, gritty game with lots of feelings and raw emotion tied into a very ornate story. We can't lose that. That's what makes this game special. We think the world needs less watered-down content. We aren't willing to compromise that just to make a release.

Yes please tell me more about how you could really use someone to tell you that not all your ideas are liquid gold

He'll uncover more than he ever imagined, including a shocking truth about who is he is and what he was really born to do.

This must be what they mean by 'unfiltered, cutting edge' specialness of the game

• Like 4

Never liked this guy. He's like my high school literature teacher: bound and determined to read more into entertainment than there actually is.

"Hey, Bob, our physics engine's acting up again, negative floats get passed into the calculation for whatever reason and corpses just get flung into space. It's quite rare tho."

"Man, screw it, fixing that crap would take far too much effort."

* An "analysis" 10 years later *

"As you can see in this game's brilliant portrayal of human transcendence into higher planes of existence, only the worthy get the privilege of ascending. This is, of course, intentional - developers wish to show us that moral and unique people exist on both sides of any given conflict."

• Like 3

****ing YES

snip

Never liked this guy. He's like my high school literature teacher: bound and determined to read more into entertainment than there actually is.

Or maybe he's just expressing what the games say to him in very eloquent fashion, based what is in them regardless of specific authorial intent (even though on several occasions throughout the video he goes into detail about the making of and actual statements made by the games' devs).

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

If this doesn't look impressive, I don't know what does.

Darksiders art style never siezes to amaze me, in all my years of gaming, I've never seen anything like it. It's pretty much it's own unique thing.

More news on the Harry Potter Rpg that is as big as Skyrim in scale. Think Witcher 3 but in Harry Potter world - according to the press.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Uhm how can you not check your own bank account, especially if someone else apparently has full access to it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Jim Sterling is probably masturbating to this story right now.
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Diablo 3 on the big stage at Blizzcon this year, hmm...

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/schedule#fri-nov-2

Actually, it just says "Diablo", and what's next for the world of Sanctuary. Could this be Diablo 4 getting announced?

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I believe Diablo 4 was teased earlier this year though can't remember exactly what was tweeted (I may be wrong but unlikely).

Actually, it just says "Diablo", and what's next for the world of Sanctuary. Could this be Diablo 4 getting announced?

Oops, sorry meant Diablo.  So accustomed to writing 3 it just flowed on.  That is what everyone is being hyped over, it will end up being a clip of the TV show and a remaster of D2:LoD :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oops, sorry meant Diablo.  So accustomed to writing 3 it just flowed on.  That is what everyone is being hyped over, it will end up being a clip of the TV show and a remaster of D2:LoD :p

They were hiring staff for a new Diablo game earlier I think. Of course, they could just turn it into a plain WoW-style MMO or something ;)

Well WoW is going to be Diablo soon :p

And again with Blizzard, Mike Morhaime is out - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769487479

considering Diablo going WoW with that 3rd entry it would not surprise me

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"