RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

EA shuts down The Know for reporting on EA's current lawsuit investigation and a clip of their Fifa trailer, uses YouTube's broken copyright allegation system.

Poor Ashley may be outta a job.

The Know is disputing it but even they know that won't do much all things considering.

Actually it wasn't EA (not directly anyway), but the EFL, which is one of the football leagues. Apparently they claim any and all footage of the clubs in their league is theirs and theirs alone...

Actually it wasn't EA (not directly anyway), but the EFL, which is one of the football leagues. Apparently they claim any and all footage of the clubs in their league is theirs and theirs alone...

Yeah, I'm not exactly EA's biggest fan around here but that was rather clickbait-y. It also takes literally one mousewheel stroke down to the comments section where the video author admits that he was a bit too hasty, which kinda lends credence to the accusation that sonic just dumps whatever in here without looking twice.

In any case, looks like it's just another retarded auto takedown by someone who doesn't actually own the rights to whatever content they are flagging.

An article on how idiotic this is, for anyone interested, and a bonus track (ho-ho, I kill myself). And it's only going to get worse with the EUSSR forcing this kind of content control at the union level. Hey, it's only censorship if the gov't does it, amirite?

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

which kinda lends credence to the accusation that sonic just dumps whatever in here without looking twice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RT_TheKnow/status/1039877249435152384

Eh... The video was reporting what The Know had said themselves, can't really fault them for not knowing what when they're just going by Ashley's tweets and what The Know is officially saying.

Regardless, it looks like nobody lost a job, which is the most important thing. The Know will still be releasing news, just not on YouTube - to avoid any further embarrassment. So that's good, everybody wins I guess.

P.S I was tired and still am, I don't always have the time to look at the comments, I'm not sure how that qualifies me as always posting about stuff without knowing what I'm posting, if you have seen any "false" news I've posted, feel free to share which posts they were exactly. That way a mod can delete them, thanks :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

which kinda lends credence to the accusation that sonic just dumps whatever in here without looking twice.

Eh...

Where in that tweet does it say it was EA who filed the copyright claim? The fact that it was a clip from an EA game does not mean it was EA. As it's explained in the Ars article I linked, it's likely a bot flagging content which does not actually belong to the entity filing the complaint.

And if you're tired... maybe just give it a rest.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Eh...

Where in that tweet does it say it was EA who filed the copyright claim? The fact that it was a clip from an EA game does not mean it was EA. As it's explained in the Ars article I linked, it's likely a bot flagging content which does not actually belong to the entity filing the complaint.

And if you're tired... maybe just give it a rest.

It doesn't and nobody said it did?

But The Know did blame EA for all this, that's why the video wasn't wrong. It wasn't about who filed it but rather The Knows' response which overrode the commenter's responses. The Know being wrong doesn't qualify false news since the guy was just reporting what he had seen.

^That is my scapegoat/excuse at least :p

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

It will disappoint.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trails of Cold Steel I & II comming to PS4 in special physical edition in early 2019.

Also PC version will get update with Japanese voiceover.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/10/01/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-i-ii-for-ps4-coming-west-early-2019-with-dual-audio/

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It will disappoint.

Judging by pretty much anything by Egosoft, it'll definitely disappoint on release. Give them like a year of post-release support and it may become great. ... Or it'll be another Rebirth. Then again, Rebirth's biggest crime was that 70% of your time playing was occupied by doing mindless chores, whereas X3 just ended up being a lot more compact and smooth in comparison.

It will disappoint.

Judging by pretty much anything by Egosoft, it'll definitely disappoint on release. Give them like a year of post-release support and it may become great. ... Or it'll be another Rebirth. Then again, Rebirth's biggest crime was that 70% of your time playing was occupied by doing mindless chores, whereas X3 just ended up being a lot more compact and smooth in comparison.

I hope it does not dissapoint. I am itching for a good new SpaceSim like forever, and even if Star Citizen ever releases, I am not willing to sell one of my kidneys to affors the PC which will be able to run it without hickups.

And after reading aboit X:Rebirth I had to skip it :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm going to wait until Meth Boss comes out

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

And after reading aboit X:Rebirth I had to skip it :(

Well, in theory, X: Rebirth was my dream game. I always basically wanted a Morrowind in space and Rebirth focused on immersion a lot more than X3. Sadly, in spite of it being an economics simulator at its heart, X3 remains my favorite Morrowind-in-space kind of thing to this day as, while it is an economics simulator first and foremost, it also does a pretty good job of immersing the player, offering meaningful choices and a living universe (as opposed to stuff like Freelancer or Dark Star One which are... Well, decent, but not really what I want as they focus primarily on combat.)

See, X: Rebirth wanted to focus on a different audience than X3 focused on and improved on a whole array of immersion-building mechanics all across the board. Walking around your ship (sort of), walking around space stations (and the space stations are still the most impressive ones I've seen in a game, bar none) - I didn't even mind stuff like only being able to pilot a single ship or fake traffic around said stations. But... All of these exteremely impressive mechanics were either half-arsed or didn't contribute to gameplay in any meaningful fashion (how fun is it to travel along a spess highway for the xth millionth time, really? And don't even get me started on station scanning...)

So uh... I suppose I've got Star Traders: Frontiers (gotta plug that as much as possible, it's fantastic) now, which is as close to my dream game as possible, but... The production values just aren't nearly there for me. So... Maybe X4 will be it? Maybe?

• Like 2

I'm holding out hope that it will be a return to form for Egosoft after the abortion that was X Rebirth. I want to rule the galactic economy with my Teladi trading empire once again. Profitsss!

Edit: Now I need to make sure the laptop I plan to buy in the next couple of months can handle X4. :p

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Telltale really liked going all out in first episodes. Just finished episode 1 of Batman season 2. Since so much had happened, I found myself wondering how far I was in to episode 2. Nope, only 3/4th the way into Episode 1.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

A bit of a Cyberpunk 2077-looking rip-off appeared on Kickstarter. They're seeking 600k and projecting for a year release on current consoles and pc.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/973007964/the-nothing-a-cyberpunk-rpg

The Nothing - A TRUE Cyberpunk rpg with third person pov.

I feel like AAA publishers haven't gone far enough with promotional tie-ins. The next generation of consoles should include some form of bio-sensing technology. Imagine a world where you are playing BioWare's (just kidding, Bio will have been closed by then after Anthem sells ONLY 5 million copies) EA's newest epic RPG and your character's health is low. You open up a bag of Doritos and eat a couple of chips to refill your health. Drinking Mountain Dew Code Red refills your stamina. Bonus points if they make the health gauge triangle shaped and the stamina gauge bottle shaped.

P.S. Nacho cheese Doritos are standard and recover the most health. Cool Ranch also give resistance to cold. Jalapeno give resistance to heat.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://gearnuke.com/the-witcher-author-demand-payment-cdpr-groundless/

Sapkowski wants more money for the game rights. According to a polish guy on another forum their laws do give the option of someone retroactively demanding money if the ip holder underestimates the effective value of the end result but isn't sure if/how that exactly applies.

I think Sapkowski is still salty that someone else made his baby popular, on top of being greedy.

• Like 1

Hopefully he wins

I wonder if he would have paid back the money he got from CDP if the Witcher games had failed completely.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On one hand, I get the sentiment - since he helped with the game's success, especially in its early days, Sapkowski does deserve to get more of a payoff. After all, civic laws exist to protect people, even from their own mistakes.

On the other hand, his condescending remarks on the games since day one and the ridiculous sum he's asking for while threatening with a legal action makes me wish he doesn't see a single penny.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 5

I agree with Oner.

He needs to let it go. It's just as petty as Kojima making some drama and whining about MGS. There are other people that need to eat.

Essentially a Jrpg with city building, add mobile graphics to that. Can't go wrong.

Hopefully he wins

What? Why?

This is the guy that believes his books were popular despite the games coming out.

Let's face it, the Witcher would still be relatively unknown outside of Poland if the games weren't phenomenal. The popularity of the games were a driving force in getting his books translated into other languages faster.

Not only that, The Witcher series wasn't even "popular" until thr 3rd came out lol

For those who say "The Witcher 1 and 2 had a fanbase, look at the sales" Yes, look at those sales. Literally 90-95% of The Witcher 3's buyers never even heard about The Witcher before the 3rd released, the vast majority still haven't even played or showed any interest in the first 2 because they were just average games.

So why in the world should this guy get any recognition for something that didn't even take off til 2015? Without the third game, The Witcher fanbase would be nothing worth making a Netflix series for. The books and comics sales were even worse than the first 2 games sales so there's that to consider. CDPR deserves the glory since they put Witcher on the map in a way he couldn't/didn't.

Edited by SonicMage117