RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

A thought occurred to me while brooding on Cyberpunk 2077: It would be interesting if players who skewed their builds heavily towards the Razorgirl, Molly Millions side of things but had the option to make up for their relative lack in technical skills by contracting hackers for jobs (a Henry Dorsett Case, if you will), the downside of course being you would have to split more of your earnings with him or her (or something like a monetary fee for every hack beyond your means).

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Looks like Final Hearts-nite will be comming soon to your favourite retailer...

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/30/square-enix-announce-partnership-with-tencent-to-co-develop-aaa-titles-for-new-ips/

In other words, Square Enix teams up with Tencent. Why I have feeling that nothing good can come out of it? :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

A thought occurred to me while brooding on Cyberpunk 2077: It would be interesting if players who skewed their builds heavily towards the Razorgirl, Molly Millions side of things but had the option to make up for their relative lack in technical skills by contracting hackersfor jobs, the downside of course being you would have to split more of your earnings with him or her (or something like a monetary fee for every hack beyond your means).

Interesting idea. I'd also imagined you could end up sort of as a syndicate boss, and sometimes the jobs you'd dispatch would go sour or backfire. You might have to close some loose ends yourself at times.

• Like 1

In case this got missed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0

Edit: Woops, this is what happens when you spottily check this thread, someone already posted it. Ah well.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

some people thinks she looks like Christy Mack, i will leave searching her on your own devices :)

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

They should have made the other dude look like War Machine

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

some people thinks she looks like Christy Mack, i will leave searching her on your own devices :)

I know who she is but I don't see any similarites. The only thing I can think people connect is the similar haircut. Christy Mack is unattractive though - very odd looking imo, at least the Cyberpunk character looks cute :p

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

https://www.pcgamer.com/anthems-conversation-system-allows-for-two-dialogue-choices

During a Q&A session at a pre-panel press briefing on Anthem at PAX West, BioWare debuted footage of the conversation system players will use in Fort Tarsis, the singleplayer area players visit between multiplayer missions.

Forgoing the complex conversation wheel of previous BioWare games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age, Anthem will only allow for two dialogue choices in conversations. The two choices aren't aligned with a morality system of any kind, but do differ in tone slightly.

When asked why the system was simplified for Anthem, executive producer Mark Darrah replied, "We are showing this to an audience that is not used to these kind of decisions and conversations. We wanted to keep it simpler, but we also don't want to present you with any false choices."

Well they do have a point about players being not used to this kind of interaction :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.pcgamer.com/anthems-conversation-system-allows-for-two-dialogue-choices

During a Q&A session at a pre-panel press briefing on Anthem at PAX West, BioWare debuted footage of the conversation system players will use in Fort Tarsis, the singleplayer area players visit between multiplayer missions.

Forgoing the complex conversation wheel of previous BioWare games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age, Anthem will only allow for two dialogue choices in conversations. The two choices aren't aligned with a morality system of any kind, but do differ in tone slightly.

When asked why the system was simplified for Anthem, executive producer Mark Darrah replied, "We are showing this to an audience that is not used to these kind of decisions and conversations. We wanted to keep it simpler, but we also don't want to present you with any false choices."

Well they do have a point about players being not used to this kind of interaction :p

God... I want to believe. I want to believe Anthem will be a good game but every time I hear news about this game it is giving me another reason why I shouldn't buy it.

How much simpler can it get?

Also anybody who touches a Bioware has had countless conversations in real-time many orders of magnitude the complexity. This is one of the most arbitrary reduction ad absurdum arguments for game design I've ever heard of.

• Like 6

So its going to be like the last two Mass Effect games.  :disguise:

• Like 1

Maybe this game is for Bioware fans. Don't judge.

Fix'd

:fdevil:

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Maybe this game is for Bioware fans. Don't judge.

Fix'd

:fdevil:

Ain't you afraid to piss of a large chunk of this forum's denizens who believe that Baldur's Gate (of Bioware's) is alpha and omega of gaming?

Anyway. I wish that this bland derivative shoot'n'looter was out already, so it could flop, EA would do that thing it does and those few creative people that still remain within zombioware would go and join good studios or create their own and start making good games again. Because it's kind of painful to observe this slow agony of once great studio.

• Like 1

The games/movies that Cyberpunk fans should be playing/watching but probably won't out of ignorance. Knowledge is power :)

Observer and Soma are phenomenal btw

A good game made even better!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

The best photo mode ever conceived in the history of the industry, if you're a person who loves taking screenshots in your games, you'll know how important this is. Now we just have to wait for all other games to catch up.

https://youtu.be/iXeeSHDZQZY

Onimusha will finally be worth playing (as it will no longer hurt my eyes lmao). Say goodbye to shimmer and polygon breakup, screen tears. Instant buy for me as I can actually enjoy the game, color has also been fixed.

Ain't you afraid to piss of a large chunk of this forum's denizens who believe that Baldur's Gate (of Bioware's) is alpha and omega of gaming?

Anyway. I wish that this bland derivative shoot'n'looter was out already, so it could flop, EA would do that thing it does and those few creative people that still remain within zombioware would go and join good studios or create their own and start making good games again. Because it's kind of painful to observe this slow agony of once great studio.

Nah, because Baldur's Gate came out before Bioware took a turn for the worse and we're all edgelords here who would never admit to linking a BioWare game made after the first Mass Effect (if even that). :yes:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I know who she is but I don't see any similarites. The only thing I can think people connect is the similar haircut. Christy Mack is unattractive though - very odd looking imo, at least the Cyberpunk character looks cute :p
I get the feelings it's because of the hair cut and the similarity to her before she started getting minor face work done/got older, and definitely before the incident.

I'm unsure why people had to point out the perceived similarity though.

Anthem will either flop or be a surprise success. I'm still betting on a flop, but it can be seen as a success if it is better than the poor opinion most people; that don't drink the BioWare Koolaid; have on the game.

Edited by Vitalis

DRAGON QUEST XI RELEASES ON TUESDAY! THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT, DRAGON QUEST XI RELEASES ON TUESDAY!

https://youtu.be/1zRwkJuwkjg

Apropos BioWare: Are there still hardcore Bio fanboys left on these forums? I thought the bloom has been off that rose for quite a while.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks