RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Well much as you can use your PC as a space heater, you can use it to light your house as well

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Do what I did, get a closed case and put it under the desk. RGB free zone. Except for my mouse and keyboard, but at least those having LEDs has a use.

I got nvidia gtx 970, its kinda still decent?

It will probably be fine at 1080p as long as you don't enable Nvidia RTX and Nvidia HairWorks and Nvidia TXAA and Nvidia DongFX and Nvidia HyperSampling and Nvidia Super Duper Extra Ultimate Sampling and Nvidia SmellOvisioN and...

And so long as a driver update doesn't 'accidentally' reduce performance for older cards.

Really though, on your deathbed when your life flashes before your eyes do you really want to regret not having bought an RTX card? Just Buy IT

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

Playing shooters these day i needed a few seconds to get into Cyberpunks combat  but everything else was amazeballs.  I do wonder how this will look in 4k with hdr and all that jazz.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Last time I even thought of a new PC build was with the release of GTA V, and eventually it just couldn't entice me enough. Still haven't bought it nor upgraded outside an SSD. CP2077 looks like the next game to test me, but if I do bite I'll be late to the party. Too many old games that are still fun to play.

And so long as a driver update doesn't 'accidentally' reduce performance for older cards.

Really though, on your deathbed when your life flashes before your eyes do you really want to regret not having bought an RTX card? Just Buy IT

C'mon, that is a given, it's §3 in their rulebook, after making invalid comparisons between graphics cards.

Mein got im himmel, did he go off the reservation with that statement though.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Whatever it is, it will be better than NWN1&2...

An action rpg is exactly what NW needs.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I rather enjoy the Satanic red my sound card has, Creative are odd people. Should really compare that with the RealTek again

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If people don't want to move on and/or keep up with the times, they shouldn't complain about if they can still play their old/new games "comfortably" on dinosaur hardware. If peeps have a decent gpu made within the last 3 years, they ahould be okay for a good while still. If not, time to upgrade, no sense in being a pc gamer if a console can outperform it.

What is "comfortable" for pc gaming these days anyway? 1080i and 60fps? Some games can still look amazing at 720p but every game calculates pri dismount differently.... Just as a liquid crystal dioxide inherents colour variable duller than a plasmid.

Edit:

If anyome remembers the 9800pro or the 10000 XL, they were the best. They came with Doom 3 and Half Life 2 :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Yeah, the Neverwinter MMO has been out for years.  I played it when it first came out.  It's your bog standard f2p MMO with bog standard MMO combat.  :shrugz:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My hope is that we one day get at least one decent NW game, maybe by Obsi but knowing our luck, that will never happen.

If people don't want to move on and/or keep up with the times, they shouldn't complain about if they can still play their old/new games "comfortably" on dinosaur hardware. If peeps have a decent gpu made within the last 3 years, they ahould be okay for a good while still. If not, time to upgrade, no sense in being a pc gamer if a console can outperform it.

What is "comfortable" for pc gaming these days anyway? 1080i and 60fps? Some games can still look amazing at 720p but every game calculates pri dismount differently.... Just as a liquid crystal dioxide inherents colour variable duller than a plasmid.

Edit:

If anyome remembers the 9800pro or the 10000 XL, they were the best. They came with Doom 3 and Half Life 2 :)

I guess this is in response to my post? If not, my bad. Can't say I've had any issues with many games, but the select few, and the compatibility worsens with older games as newer systems are built, not the other way around. And lastly, so few games strike my interest these days that I'll gladly stay in the dark until something gives me a reason not to. CP2077 might be it, but also maybe not. Regardless, not sure why that's your concern other than being bugged a little by nostalgic gamers. 

It bothers me much to be honest, just as much as the VR cult who believe pixel-art should die just because they are the past and need to move forward with progressing/evolving photo-realistic based art styles.

What really irks me is when gamers keep something like a crt monitor or a tube television and expect it to do good for gaming just because "They don't make em like they use to". Please for the love of God, I say tobanyone struggling to catch up with the world, take that 240hz trash 30" 4:8 monitor with your backip vga/svga and your tower with it's physX, agp and audigy... Throw them out the window, then burn their carcasses!!!

And to think there were actually a group of people who thought it was "cool" to degauss their monitors.

Smfh. Nostagia, the thing that always holds us back as gamers and also makes is feel guilty to waste more money on somethimg new and exciting or just plain better made (goes for games, hardware, etc).

Edited by SonicMage117

Yakuza Kiwami 2 review.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/08/yakuza-kiwami-2-review-an-ok-chapter-in-one-of-gamings-great-sagas/

Don't forget to pick it up. You'll not regret it :)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It bothers me much to be honest, just as much as the VR cult who believe pixel-art should die just because they are the past and need to move forward with progressing/evolving photo-realistic based art styles.

What really irks me is when gamers keep something like a crt monitor or a tube television and expect it to do good for gaming just because "They don't make em like they use to". Please for the love of God, I say tobanyone struggling to catch up with the world, take that 240hz trash 30" 4:8 monitor with your backip vga/svga and your tower with it's physX, agp and audigy... Throw them out the window, then burn their carcasses!!!

And to think there were actually a group of people who thought it was "cool" to degauss their monitors.

Smfh. Nostagia, the thing that always holds us back as gamers and also makes is feel guilty to waste more money on somethimg new and exciting or just plain better made (goes for games, hardware, etc).

How many of these people do you encounter? And it's not applicable to his situation as he's using older equipment that still meets requirements, not archaic stuff.

The day sonicmage stops complaining aboit nostalgia, will be the day the earth stands still.

• Like 2

The day sonicmage stops complaining aboit nostalgia, will be the day the earth stands still.

I suppose I will stop when people finally get out of their delusional ways that "era xx is better than the present/future." Without these types of people moving due to their paranoia, we can all achieve a better tomorrow. My nostalgic being screams inside furiously, my logical being couldn't agree more with what I'm writing.

How many of these people do you encounter?

Alot, unfortunately. Mainly from older people than myself who can't get past their preferred generation/era. It's embarrassing as it is harmless. Edited by SonicMage117

Cool I guess, should bring back Dino Crisis instead. Much better game series, much more demand.

I have two OG Xbox consoles. One is equipped with a nasty old Thompson drive which tends to break, the other one is equipped with a sweet Samsung dvd drive and a custom 250 gb hdd. It can also copy games to the hdd for better performance and play bootleg games such as a windows version of Quake 2.

At any rate, I am fully capable of playing Dino Crisis 3 even though it's not the best entry in the series. I just have to finish the first two games. :p

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I suppose I will stop when people finally get out of their delusional ways that "era xx is better than the present/future." Without these types of people moving due to their paranoia, we can all achieve a better tomorrow. My nostalgic being screams inside furiously, my logical being couldn't agree more with what I'm writing.

How many of these people do you encounter?

Alot, unfortunately. Mainly from older people than myself who can't get past their preferred generation/era. It's embarrassing as it is harmless.
Why should we even consider to get over that era, when your statement, that everything new and "fresh" is always better, than something made in the past is just simply plain wrong ;)

Stop pretending you know it all, and try to accept, that some people might indeed have different oppinions based on their own experience, which might be due to circumstances at that time, completely different from yours.

Thank you very much. Now back to doing something more useful again.

Edited by Mamoulian War