RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Doesn't surprise, as a consumer, I don't like EA at all and would love for then to lose to consumers for once but that we all know, will never happen.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I forget, what's the problem with BF5 ? People not into WW2 anymore ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

When people first saw it, they saw that the game's heroes were not historically correct or accurate to the type of heroes who were in that timeframe. Basically it's an SJW thing.

So far, the pre-order numbers are low but that pretty much means nothing since BF has it's usual fanbase that will turn in proffit for the game. Speaking of which, the last BF game I bought was BF1942, perhaps it's time for me to get in all thr rage :p I'd have to see more of it, it takes alot these days for me to get into an FPS type game.

I think EA's sense of reverse psychology and ability to trick comsumers into thinking they're right or even had a choice in the first place is more impressive. Eh, kinda like politics in that way.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I wouldn't say there is a single problem, but what opinion someone has of the game has become a shibboleth by which to malign or exalt someone. EA/Dice have decided to partake in this and as part of their marketing campaign and are currently doubling down. So preparing for a flop is just their way of not making things worse by wagging a finger at those who they have support from.

But basically there is a messy conflict being made between people who want the series to keep a historic tone, and those who want a WW2 theme-park game that represents of 21st century demographics. Where the former group is made out to be against woman & minorities, and the later is made out to be revisionist history identity politics people. I guess there is a secondary argument over whether having unrealistic gameplay justifies taking an unhistorical tone or not.

Pre-orders might also be low due to the Battlefront 2 and Andromeda **** shows, but the above is certainly contributing.

Something funny about wanting accuracy in a Battlefield game, but that's gamers these days for you.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It also doesn't help that Battlefield 5 is sandwiched between two major releases ( Call of Duty Black Opps 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2).

In fact, preoder numbers for Battlefield are tracking behind Call of Duty by more than 85 %.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/cowen-predicts-eas-battlefield-v-will-be-a-serious-disappointment-citing-weak-pre-orders.html

Of course, for this I know, the CoD reveal was recieved much better than the BFV reveal this year and rightfully so. Even though there are many similarities betwren the two games, BF's reveal didn't answer any of the fan's questions while CoD answered all of them. That made all the difference in public eyes but eventually after release some time, people will buy BFV just to see what it is. Both games have some latency to legacy so that is enough to keep the franchises alive no matter how bad their launches are lol

To me, both games look pretty equal as far as production quality and efforts. Hard to say that one looks better in any way.

Red Dead Redemption 2, also not surprising but that's not a game that's competing with BFV and CoD. It would be more accurate to compare it to Spiderman PS4 even though that's a PS4 exclusivist title.

• Like 1

GOG started new web :-)

https://fckdrm.com

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

A scene group should make a similar wesbite :p

• Like 2

Biggest news I have seen today

But those are guys!

I am reminded about a documentary I watched about the Robespierrean chaos of French revolution, about how expressing the right opinion could became a matter of life or death, and how it would sometimes be very hard to predict which way the wind was blowing. 

In the end Robespierre himself misread the crowd and wound up in the guillotine. He had overreached, probably because he had to top himself every time he addressed the assembly. You see, if you are not actively fighting the enemies of the revolution, then clearly you are already suspect and probably counter revolutionary. So with each speech the list of enemies of the revolution had to get a little longer, and this would then continue right up to the point that the majority of his audience were in fear of their own lives. That was his last speech. 

• Like 3

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

GOG started new web :-)

https://fckdrm.com

As much as I don't see the need for DRM and the necessity to curate and have games treated as patrimony of mankind and take them from the publishers before the old ones dissappear (specially since those ****wads at Nintendo ruined the emulator sites) There is a huge difference between the Gutenberg project and GOG, namely the books are free.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

As far as I am aware, Gutenberg Projects books which are in Public Domain.

First games start to fall in Public Domain in 50 - 75 years (maybe even more) depending on country legislation. So It is impossible to offer games for free legally, unless you have contract with copyright owner.

In that time, most of the digital stuff would be lost without preservation project, and GOG like store fronts :(

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Something funny about wanting accuracy in a Battlefield game, but that's gamers these days for you.

Accuracy?

Red Orchestra 2 wasn't exactly accurate(in terms of shooting/weapons) but the tone of the game was spot on. DICE however has delivered a pixar/disney version of WW2 which I simply don't like and to everyones surprise, it is not because of teh wimmen. Everybody with a little bit of history knowledge knows about women soldiers in the Soviet army, Polish army etc.

I am pretty sure they didn't have cyborg arms though, if you are going for that kind of thing, why not simply make a Bad Company 3?!

Don't mind me though, I shouldn't have had an opinion of my own, that's just...rude!!! My apologies ladies and gents.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It's okay, I don't think anyone here will get offended. I don't think anyone (here) actually likes the game anyway lol

Metro LOL.... Oh Metro.

I'm glad Darksiders 3 isn't too Dark Souls-ish afterall.

Edited by SonicMage117

Accuracy?

Red Orchestra 2 wasn't exactly accurate(in terms of shooting/weapons) but the tone of the game was spot on. DICE however has delivered a pixar/disney version of WW2 which I simply don't like and to everyones surprise, it is not because of teh wimmen. Everybody with a little bit of history knowledge knows about women soldiers in the Soviet army, Polish army etc.

I am pretty sure they didn't have cyborg arms though, if you are going for that kind of thing, why not simply make a Bad Company 3?!

Don't mind me though, I shouldn't have had an opinion of my own, that's just...rude!!! My apologies ladies and gents.

Well yeah, was getting at BF being action movie style warfare so seems a day late to be upset at inaccuracies.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/24/17776974/marvel-strike-force-microtransactions

Unlocking a hero like Black Panther can take months of grinding and luck, or you can spend $50 upfront and just buy him. The newest Nick Fury event requires players to have a full team of Kree minions. That’s a pretty tall order considering they do not reliably drop and are considered suboptimal for any competitive situation. If you’re short, don’t worry — the game will offer you a boost to your squad for a mere $99.99.

Whales seem to prop up these games. And it's getting so bad the games are built explicitly for them. People with more disposable income than good sense. Like those politicians who get caught spending thousands of campaign funds on Steam games.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Miyamoto warns greedy devs