RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

The gunplay looks good to me though, I am just curious about the limitations of the world. Hmmm... No loading screens, prepare for cache loading halts (occasional frame drops as scene loads - did you see them in the demo?).

LOD pop in will never be full solved with open world streamed content when data buses are a bottle neck. I'd rather a few delayed shadows and a dropped frame rather than halt the world sorts of strategies.

Is it bad that I like rigid gunplay vs smooth and polished? :(

I still consider rigid gunplay to be smooth and polished. It's just that the controls are such, rather than some fly-by-wire animation rig that adds a bunch of worthless flare. I'll tolerate fast melee animations like what Doom (2016) brought back. My eyes were just about to unscrew if the trend of slow and laborious take down animations continued. The TF2 Spy backstab is a like a sweet symphony to me, we need more of that.

• Like 1

I'll agree with you there as far as flare is concerned. I prefer gunplay stripped down but with good feedback that actually gives you some sense of the weapon, as well as quickish lateral movement, etc. CP 2077 has some of the former but misses with the rest it seems, but anyway, it seems somewhat of a moot point if the rest of the game is good.

You ppl talking about gunplay, but the only thing I have seen as worrying is the mmo-esque bulletsponge numbers popping up from damaged enemies.

• Like 5

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

At least as compared to the Division the bullet-sponges can in-universe be attributed to sub-dermal armour, automatically-injected morphine, implants that shut down pain-receptors, or plain just too hopped up on narcotics to notice the pain.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 5
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Would be interesting to have very lethal combat though,  ammunition will evolve to defeat defenses.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

so will Cyberpunk finally push me to buy new hardware? hmm and new GC from Nvidia are just been anounced...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

so will Cyberpunk finally push me to buy new hardware? hmm and new GC from Nvidia are just been anounced...

And Nvidia will push you to get a line of credit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Jesus, I was not following tech for so long, I have no idea how to build good PC these days and I am so lazy to read tons of benchmarks :), such a heresy!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Meh, hardest part is mainboard + processor ... and maybe graphic card. Everything else is pretty much a no-brainer. Buy fast DDR4 ram and I think that's it? Depending on available money - imo - it's really not that hard anymore. I still remember the days where buying a certain mainboard or graphic card would mean that you couldn't play certain games. So glad we're past that.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

and SSD, and HDD and new display, and cooling, and new power source...

Also you need a case with maximum RGB

Just buy a big SSD from Samsung. A HDD maybe if you know you have to save lots of data... in that case, anything under 2TB is a waste of money nowadays, though.

Cooling isn't that hard either. I think most stats are pretty clear on what you need-- big fan with little noise as possible. It's just a matter of money.

Power source, yeah, maybe, but again, not much choice here... in worst case, reviews are pretty clear on this stuff.

It looks graphically impressive but not impressive enough that I believe I'll need to upgrade any of my current hardware. This game looks like it will run on PS4 (non Pro model) without compromise - still less than Uncharted 4/Spiderman level graphics. I think other titles that come out alongside will make me want to upgrade though, stuff that we haven't yet seen announced.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Just buy a big SSD from Samsung. A HDD maybe if you know you have to save lots of data... in that case, anything under 2TB is a waste of money nowadays, though.

Cooling isn't that hard either. I think most stats are pretty clear on what you need-- big fan with little noise as possible. It's just a matter of money.

Power source, yeah, maybe, but again, not much choice here... in worst case, reviews are pretty clear on this stuff.

Did i mentioned I am min/maxer in this kind of things :)

It looks graphically impressive but not impressive enough that I believe I'll need to upgrade any of my current hardware. This game looks like it will run on PS4 (non Pro model) without compromise - Uncharted 4/Spiderman level graphics. I think other titles that come out alongside will make me want to upgrade though, stuff that we haven't yet seen announced.

Lol, no way at least if they are telling truth about open world

Did i mentioned I am min/maxer in this kind of things :)

Well, that's a problem you have to deal with on your own. :p

But generally I think it's not that much of a big deal. You just google for stuff like "power supply for mainboard x" and you'll likely get at least some people more qualified talking about it.

Monitor, though, is a thing I have problems with myself. Last one I bought was the Asus VG248QE for 300€ a while back. It's a good monitor, BUT the colors are off. They are more "cinematic", with strong blue tone and crap like that. I've spend hours on trying to even this out, because for the work I do, I need my colors to be as true to "real" as possible... after a couple hours of tweaking I just gave up and settled with the closest thing I could get. It sucks and by now I wish I would have bought a different monitor.

Edited by Lexx

It looks graphically impressive but not impressive enough that I believe I'll need to upgrade any of my current hardware. This game looks like it will run on PS4 (non Pro model) without compromise - still less than Uncharted 4/Spiderman level graphics. I think other titles that come out alongside will make me want to upgrade though, stuff that we haven't yet seen announced.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/28-08-2018-cyberpunk-2077-pc-specs-demo-build-pc-specs-gpu-system-requirements

That's almost what I have except my cpu is an 8-core 3.5ghz amd which is probably lesser than theirs since it's older, my motherboard is a tie over so it probably isn't as nearly as good as their either. I'm assuming I have double the system ram though (I have 16gb of Corsair Viper). I'm also going to assume that the game will be best optimized for intel and nvidia rather than amd and ati. One of my friends is still trying to game on a 9800 Pro agp btw.

I always find it strange that highly demanding pc games like these have far less detailed npc's (perhaps the large expansive open world and advanced shadow taper makes this a hard feat to accomplish) than what I am used to seeing on PS4 exclusives but then again, the cut scenes in Cyberpunk 2077 are in engine and look amazing, very much comparable to the Until Dawn/Detroit in game graphics level of detail.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I got nvidia gtx 970, its kinda still decent?

It will probably be fine at 1080p as long as you don't enable Nvidia RTX and Nvidia HairWorks and Nvidia TXAA and Nvidia DongFX and Nvidia HyperSampling and Nvidia Super Duper Extra Ultimate Sampling and Nvidia SmellOvisioN and...

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think 970 gtx will be fine for the game, unless the game is somehow vastly updated to require more graphical processing (I doubt it will since it will be released for current consoles and likely next gen consoles), you'll be fine.

Hm other than the memory issue, should be ok.  I have a 980, myself, I may upgrade everything next year though as I like to do that on a 4 year cycle

This is still my daily PC from 2010:

Studio XPS 9000, Intel Core i7-920 processor (8MB L3 Cache 2.66GHz)
9GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 6 DIMMs
Dell ST series ST2410 24"W Full HD Monitor, 24.0 VIS, VGA Cable supplied only
ATI Radeon HD 5870
750GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM

Ive had to replace the video card and HDD with the exact same models but besides that it been a good machine.