RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

You mean mouse+keyboard friendly? Ohhh.. I could never go back to that after making the switch to controller :(

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

This game needs at least one more year of development time.

That statement should also be applied to 90% of AAA games released in the last 5 years. :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Don't know, I only play few AAA games. But for Alpha Protocol it's a fact. The game needs overhauled minigames, it needs better animations, movement / controls, another balance pass and I guess a boatload of fixes. Really, graphics is one of the lesser important issues.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

That looks like my jam.

As an aside, I would kill for a Firefly-esque sci-fi adventure game where it's more about stealth, deception, and resourcefulness to complete your various quests as you try to eek out a living in a decidely not military vessel and combat is always a last resort despite having a couple ex soldiers and a girl who is secretly a super assassin and may or may not be a psycopath on your team.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Don't know, I only play few AAA games. But for Alpha Protocol it's a fact. The game needs overhauled minigames, it needs better animations, movement / controls, another balance pass and I guess a boatload of fixes. Really, graphics is one of the lesser important issues.

That and a whole lot more.

AP was forgiven many faults that just won't fly today.

Sexy beam is not so sexy anymore....

Also, Martina's Tranny Suit in DQ11 was not featured in the video... Weird.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Apropos Alpha Protocol, it's my favorite game Obsidian has ever made. Sure, the game was a buggy mess at launch (par for the course for Obs :p ) and it had plenty of faults that critics rightfully lambasted the game for in reviews, but the good far outweighs the bad IMHO. What AP did well it did BRILLIANTLY; arguably the best dialogue system and choice and consequence in any game at that time and since.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

the game was a buggy mess at launch (par for the course for Obs :p )

Did they really fixed bugs? I don't remember if anything happened at all after release.

Loved the game, replayed it at least 7 times after release. It was great how you could do a "veteran run" in which you are able to do things you usually can't do (rescue both people instead of only one, etc). I was so pissed about the american reviews that trashed the game so hard. Really, europeans loved it, americans hated it. Oh god, and I wanted to flip tables when one year later, reviewers who completely trashed the game at release suddenly said "wait, actually this game isn't so bad at all!" These people are the fault for why we can't have anything good anymore, and then this... Seriously, gaming journalism died for me in this very moment. Haven't read a single game review ever since.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

As an aside, I would kill for a Firefly-esque sci-fi adventure game where it's more about stealth, deception, and resourcefulness to complete your various quests as you try to eek out a living in a decidely not military vessel and combat is always a last resort despite having a couple ex soldiers and a girl who is secretly a super assassin and may or may not be a psycopath on your team.

Here you go , sort of.

• Like 1

Here you go , sort of.
That looks to be right up my alley AND it has a Linux version. Thanks Fenixp.
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The freedom to shape your story....

But what is the story?

We want that Destiny crowd...artifacts or some such that we can charge money for lootboxes or some such.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

But what is the story?

We want that Destiny crowd...artifacts or some such that we can charge money for lootboxes or some such.

And here I thought all those whales coming in Warframe lately already were that destiny crowd...

So who exactly does EA still want to grab? I mean, at least Digital Extremes doesn't have a longstanding reputation for bending over their customers...

https://youtu.be/tXv3JsW_nFk

... as never before with Yes and No options in our Dialogue Wheel :D

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

sad, hopefully EVE will survive this

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Why would this be the end of EVE?

Because they are being acquired by a Korean MMO maker? Reason enough for me to be pessimistic.

Then there's that acquisitions almost always mess with company identity as management moves around and social dynamics within the company shift as a result. And with them, more often than not, the actual focus of the company.

Edited by marelooke

I've heard good things about Black Desert Online though. I didn't dig the style, but maybe they'll do right by EVE.

It's an Asian grindfest with absurd cash shop prices, good graphics, absolutely no character customization to speak of unless you pony up real cash. And apparently they've recently added pay-to-win elements. So really, the usual, as far as Asian MMOs are concerned.

It had some "innovative" systems with trading and trade routes and the way the market worked etc (nothing EVE didn't already have though, hence the air quotes). And a supposedly innovative combat system (I failed to see what made that part innovative, but hey, that's probably just me).

But after having tried it I can't understand why a Western audience would like it, consequently I didn't get very far in so the lack of anything to do as far as PvE endgame is concerned never even started to be an issue for me.

Then again the majority of the Western MMO market consists of shallow World of Warcraft clones. Occasionally one picks up a feature WoW cut because WoW itself really started out as a stripped down EverQuest clone aimed at a more casual audience. So anything that tries something different and a tad more complex than Western MMO builders dare to include (like the trading in BDO) tends to stand out, and features that EverQuest 2 had like a decade ago are hailed as innovative (housing in Wildstar, too bad the rest of that game was "meh") because no Western MMO has the guts to tackle that complexity.

Edited by marelooke

I've heard good things about Black Desert Online though. I didn't dig the style, but maybe they'll do right by EVE.

EVE was doing ok under CCP in my opinion, maybe even because their monetasitation scheme, don't see need to change it

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"