Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

I wonder how Acts will be determined, mostly on critical path milestones I presume?

Hopefully the case doesn't end up being the final act is very short purely because you knocked off everything else prior to it.

It maybe a consequence of the more open world design. Basically not fulfilling the main quests and just wondering doing side content.

I wonder how Acts will be determined, mostly on critical path milestones I presume?

Hopefully the case doesn't end up being the final act is very short purely because you knocked off everything else prior to it.

They did a very good job of “gating” the acts in Pillars 1. I’m sure they didn’t forget how all of a sudden :p

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hopefully acts are determined by critical path actions and change after player makes them, so they are, in an extent, determined by us. Something like Baldur's Gate 2 chapters 2 and 3 in Athkatla.

I couldn't remember 100% for some of them - but I picked what I think my Watcher (1st playthrough) probably would have done.  (Must go and redo the survey for my 2nd Watcher).  There was only one question I had a 'huh?' moment on (ie I didn't even remember the quest/choice at all) - related to one of the gods' quests - 2 people living beyond their time?  Where was that? (It's possible I missed it in game, or it was  short non-memorable event).

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/A_Servant_of_Death

This is something that puzzles me, I am pretty sure I did all side quests in my playthrough, and after finishing I noticed the steam achievment for finishing all god-related quests, that I never got. Then I recalled that these must have been obtainable from these stone pillars where every god was represented. I certainly looked at all of them since they had something to do with the main quest and you could dothem a favour when dealing with Thaos soul in a certain way.

Now I read up on these quests, and some sound vaguely familiar, but one some I am totally dark. Did you have to do something in particular to get all the quests?

On topic on the acts and how long they might take, I would not overinterpret that savegame. They are probably testing a lot of stuff and that might include shipping around the archipelago for hours and fighting battles there without doing any "real content". I guess this will be quite the timesink.

Save a Life or Choose the Crate ?  :lol:

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/979515941833793536

messed up that they're putting lootcrates in deadfire. chris avellone is turning in his grave.

If there is a chance to get a legendary crew member out of the crate I am going with crate.

b168bb7a3898c8f83d12210637ac6c9a--game-o

• Like 7

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Is Josh fluent in German? I can easily understand his German without external aid and I'm not fluent, so that's probably a bad sign for his fluency. But I wanted to know for sure in case I'm better at German than I thought I was.

Okay, well, that's one that could have been its own thread.