Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

Orlan baby bug found . All is lost  ;(

That's bad, lots of people were murdering innocents to get that baby. Just another proof that save imports never ever work 100% properly on release, there is always something wrong with them. If save game import won't work on release then perhaps manual selection of story choices will still work properly?

That's bad, lots of people were murdering innocents to get that baby. Just another proof that save imports never ever work 100% properly on release, there is always something wrong with them. If save game import won't work on release then perhaps manual selection of story choices will still work properly?

Or you simply weren't sure of either option and ended up getting shoe horned into keeping the baby cause there was no other alternative :p

Either way Sawyer is on it, he knows he can't release without Orlan Baby functionality.

• Like 2

Or you simply weren't sure of either option and ended up getting shoe horned into keeping the baby cause there was no other alternative :p

Either way Sawyer is on it, he knows he can't release without Orlan Baby functionality.

I somehow doubt they'll fix this in a day. I'm hoping devs will post release notes and known issues on release and mention this bug there.

I somehow doubt they'll fix this in a day. I'm hoping devs will post release notes and known issues on release and mention this bug there.

I think they can.  After all, he said it worked normally in every previous build. Which means this only hit with the pre release build, and may not even be an issue in the real release build.

I think they can.  After all, he said it worked normally in every previous build. Which means this only hit with the pre release build, and may not even be an issue in the real release build.

Well, here's hoping. Anything else wasn't triggering on Cohh's streams? Or is this the only thing?

I'm confused, who is Sensuki?

genuine answer:

sensuki were one o' the most visible and active beta testers o' poe.  he posted numerous videos o' gameplay.  he had extentensive and detailed bug lists which were updated frequent.  he made comprehensive analysis o' poe mechanics which he posted for discussion. he were also an ie game purist and crpg grognard... extreme so.  he could become emotional 'bout poe design choices and had been known to post offensive nazi iconography as a misguided attempt to... dunno what were the point, but he had received warnings for his behavior which pushed the limits o' what obsidian were willing to accept.  even so, sensuki contributed a great deal, substantive and qualitative, to the poe beta community at a time when many folks who is now ubiquitous were unknowns.

when poe were released, it did not include many sensuki suggestions regarding ui improvements and game mechanics. sensuki did not appreciate poe.  sensuki were initial vocal 'bout his displeasure regarding the state o' poe(understatement). eventually sensuki got tired o' spewing venom and largely disappeared from this board and the sa poe thread. 

am thinking karkarov is correct: sensuki wanted bg3, not poe.  

you can go to most any active rpgcodex thread and find sensuki contributions if you wish to know who is sensuki. isn't more to the story. 

oh, and just 'cause we suspect it will enrage sensuki

cap-punches-hitler.gif

HA! Good Fun!
  • Like 7

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Have save imports ever worked?

After some patches, in some games...

Ok let me rephrase. Have they ever actually done anything even if they weren't bugged? Just trying to temper expectations.

Ok let me rephrase. Have they ever actually done anything even if they weren't bugged? Just trying to temper expectations.

You mean the actual consequences that will transfer? Well, here's this baby that should be a kid npc on the ship with some banter and maybe quests. Then there are big and small consequences of quite a large variety of decisions from POE1. Not gonna spoil it here, but if you go watch Cohh's archived streams there were some noticeable ones, especially concerning companions.

Everyone talks about the Orlan baby, but in four playthroughs I've managed to somehow entirely miss the whole area where you get the quest, every time.

??? A huge building to the side of a critical path? One sidequest even sends you to its entrance. Do you do critical path only?

Orlan baby bug found . All is lost ;(

Yes? Save imports were pretty common once upon a time. It just sets some flags to true or false, it isn't exactly hard.