RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - NOW IN 5$ LOOT BOXES

Blarghagh

Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33IsmJfSXiA

Direct continuation of Endless Legend's story, finally. And yes, I'm posting ALL the Amplitude updates.

Someone mistakenly flipped (or forgot to flip) a switch somewhere, and the expansion that was due for release on the 25th was actually released yesterday. Not sure if it's still live and if so, if it will remain that way, but so far, I seem to have access to the expansion content.

LUL1.jpg

LUL2.jpg

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33IsmJfSXiA

Direct continuation of Endless Legend's story, finally. And yes, I'm posting ALL the Amplitude updates.

Someone mistakenly flipped (or forgot to flip) a switch somewhere, and the expansion that was due for release on the 25th was actually released yesterday. Not sure if it's still live and if so, if it will remain that way, but so far, I seem to have access to the expansion content.

LUL1.jpg

LUL2.jpg

I may have to give Endless Space 2 a second chance then. After I do a Vaulter run of Endless Legend.

I thought the Vodyani story was dumb, but I remember vaguely liking Broken Lords.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So I'm REALLY late I'm thinking but apparently wasteland 2 now has modding. Does anyone know what can be modded?

Work ATM and been thinking about going to college simply to learn how to recreate FONV in a crpg format. Crazy I know but shows how bored I've been lmao.

But with the modding capabilities now with wasteland 2, do u think being able to create a "new" zone or along those lines to somewhat recreate FONV landscape? With wasteland 2, it already has alot of the items already in it and I'd even continue using wasteland 2 mechanics.

So does anyone know if it's possible?

Uhm, isn't that possible already for a long time now? It's nothing fancy anyway. You can only edit items and stuff like that.

It's why I loath the Unity engine. It's not very mod friendly if you want to go deeper than that.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Uhm, isn't that possible already for a long time now? It's nothing fancy anyway. You can only edit items and stuff like that.

It's why I loath the Unity engine. It's not very mod friendly if you want to go deeper than that.

Yeah, it's actually easier to make your own game in Unity than to mod one without access to the project files. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Interesting, yeah. Can't quite decide whether the game is in bad taste or not, so I guess I'd go with a default not in bad taste.

And as the article indicates, it was never confirmed it was one of their underwater nebelwerfers that exploded, conventional torpedoes are perfectly capable of doing so as well.

I quite liked that game Cryostasis, which this game seems to have shades of (discovering the circumstances behind a disaster on a nuclear vessel) so I'll keep an eye on it. 

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Looks like a great way to get punched in the face.

Think the people who'd get that already have enough reasons at this point.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1471&desc=3

All blizzard games are installed alongside a shared tool called "Blizzard Update Agent", investor.activision.com claims they have "500 million monthly active users", who presumably all have this utility installed.

The agent utility creates an JSON RPC server listening on localhost port 1120, and accepts commands to install, uninstall, change settings, update and other maintenance related options. Blizzard use a custom authentication scheme to verify the rpc's are from a legitimate source, it looks like this:

$ curl -si http://localhost:1120/agent
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Length: 359

{
"pid" : 3140.000000,
"user_id" : "S-1-5-21-1613814707-140385463-2225822625-1000",
"user_name" : "S-1-5-21-1613814707-140385463-2225822625-1000",
"state" : 1004.000000,
"version" : "2.13.4.5955",
"region" : "us",
"type" : "retail",
"opt_in_feedback" : true,
"session" : "15409717072196133548",
"authorization" : "11A87920224BD1FB22AF5F868CA0E789"
}

This endpoint is permitted without authentication, but all other requests must have a valid "Authorization" header with the token in that response. As with all HTTP RPC schemes like this, a website can send requests to the daemon with XMLHttpRequest(), but I think the theory is they will be ignored because requests must prove they can read and write the authorization property.

I don't think this design will work because of an attack called "dns rebinding". Any website can simply create a dns name that they are authorized to communicate with, and then make it resolve to localhost.

To be clear, this means that *any* website can send privileged commands to the agent.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

It didn't help that all that stuff was so laughably shallow that it makes you wonder why they bothered in the first place.

Without context this might as well be about Bethesda...

So is the new Fable game about chariot races?! Because all the developers have created so far have been the Forza Horizon games.

Given how Horizon 3 had loads of issues at launch, many of which were never fixed I don't find that inspiring confidence.

The assumption that it will go through the Microsoft Store if it makes it to PC is also not a real good sales argument as the Microsoft Store is a piece veritable trainwreck.

​​

Without context this might as well be about Bethesda...

​Hey, I'm an equal opportunity complainer: I'm pretty contemptuous of Bethesda games as well. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.