What are you playing right now?

Gorth

217 hours?

I have one Skull Fracture in my Sisters warband. With her magic helmet and high int, she has a 100% chance of passing the Stupidity test. So that's OK.

In my Cult warband I now have one darksoul with a Skull Fracture remaining. One of my Brethren has Guidance, so he always deploys nearby and guides his meat-shield around. As the darksoul would have to tank for him anyway, it isn't too much a bother.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

217 hours?

I have one Skull Fracture in my Sisters warband. With her magic helmet and high int, she has a 100% chance of passing the Stupidity test. So that's OK.

In my Cult warband I now have one darksoul with a Skull Fracture remaining. One of my Brethren has Guidance, so he always deploys nearby and guides his meat-shield around. As the darksoul would have to tank for him anyway, it isn't too much a bother.

I'm at 69hours now, so yeah ;)

I've only had it happen to low rank ones, so it's just easier to fire them than to deal with the consequences. I've also barely played anything other than my Sisters Warband (did get started with the Mercenaries though)

Wanting some more hack and slash after Grim Dawn, I bought Van Helsing final cut on sale. I should've asked before buying, but has anyone played it and is it any good?

I can only speak for the first game but its "ok". It held my attention for 21 hours before I hit a boss I couldn't beat and quit.

I play a lot of Grim Dawn now, but I have a hard time sticking with just one character, so I've ended up with two that I like the best so far: one lightning trickster and one fire/ice sorceress (both my own weird creations, no real peeking at build forums or anything), and both are in act 3 Elite, farming for each other, as it were. After this latest patch, though, my fast dual-wielding trickster, which had some lifesteal going on has suffered quite a bit of a setback, whereas my slow sorceress, always using a ranged twohanded gun, hasn't been affected at all. So far, I actually enjoy blasting things into smithereens. So much fun. Crate has done a really good job, me reckon. :)

P.S. Btw, at level 44 she surpassed my lvl 56 super-fast melee trickster in DPS, so I've most likely screwed up that build, heh.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Wanting some more hack and slash after Grim Dawn, I bought Van Helsing final cut on sale. I should've asked before buying, but has anyone played it and is it any good?

I can only speak for the first game but its "ok". It held my attention for 21 hours before I hit a boss I couldn't beat and quit.

Thanks! That sounds about like what I was expecting. Even if I end up not liking it at least I only paid $15 for the whole trilogy.

There was a new patch out for Grim Dawn last night. I didn't really care, just assumed it was a bunch of bug fixes and what not.

Went in with my two-handed melee specced life-steal, life-regen character and promptly got my ass handed to me multiple times. From enemies I used to beat with (relative) ease. For some reason they now hit so hard that I don't have time to get back my hitpoints before I'm dead. I can see my hp bar fluctuating from almost dead to full within milliseconds in normal combat and when I go up against bosses it goes down too fast for my life-steal to trigger.

This is what I hate about action RPG's. The developers keep on tweaking **** over and over and over for no reason at all. It played just fine before! Level 66 and suddenly my character is useless because of the whim of the developers. Very annoying.

Actually enemy damage on elite and ultimate was nerfed in the patch. Along with almost all defensive constellations and celestial powers that granted damage mitigation, resistances and pretty much everything health related. Devotions alone are no longer a viable replacement for a decent defensive concept and gear it would seem.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I've just finished the White Marches, an improvement in many ways, an acknowledgement of criticism and an unspoken promise to improve perhaps. Were all my peeves and criticism of vanilla Poe dealt with? No, but it does seem that Obsidian are aware of some of the weaknesses in the game, and trying to mitigate them.

For those who were worn out by Poe i'd say wait a year and approach the expansions with fresh eyes, for those who liked it i'd say dive in.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Weapons, but does it work for armor?  I figured it had to be the same armor type since each class can't cross-use armor.

I'm talking about infusing so yes, you can only infuse a helmet into a helmet and so on.

I know, but I meant, for instance a Warlock can't equip a Titan's helmet.  But can a Warlock's helmet be used to infuse a Titan's helmet?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My Grim Dawn character at the moment is the Shadowblade, single-classed. I don't seem to get the hang of the synergies and I like the skill tree too much.

Level 31 and still in the desert / wild west part of the game exploring gulches and passes... and I've only scratched the surface.

Well hey, at least respeccing as a single-class character is really flexible since you'll have max 50 points permanently invested into your mastery

Actually enemy damage on elite and ultimate was nerfed in the patch. Along with almost all defensive constellations and celestial powers that granted damage mitigation, resistances and pretty much everything health related. Devotions alone are no longer a viable replacement for a decent defensive concept and gear it would seem.

Also, loot quality was improved in several ways, especially in Elite and Ultimate, and dismantling isn't worthless anymore!

I dismantled five meh lvl40+ blues and got at least 2 Tainted Brain Matter, 1 Manticore Eye, and 2 pieces of slightly rarer upgrade material

Weapons, but does it work for armor?  I figured it had to be the same armor type since each class can't cross-use armor.

I'm talking about infusing so yes, you can only infuse a helmet into a helmet and so on.

I know, but I meant, for instance a Warlock can't equip a Titan's helmet.  But can a Warlock's helmet be used to infuse a Titan's helmet?

Of course.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I've checked out the dark zone in The Division and it's actually quite a lot fun. It got quite the appeal and I like the other players running around there. Sometimes I'd wish to see more players in "regular mode" as well (players who aren't in your group).

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Bah,

talking about Skull Fractures with marelooke jinxed it. Radburn, one of my mutants, just went down and got a Skull Fracture, right in the battle that gained him the xp for max level.

Hired a replacement but only at lvl 6 out of 10. Will have to decide if I keep Radburn around or kick him out right away.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Of course.

Do you know if it's possible to raise your Light level above 300 without having to do the Raids and earn Raid gear?  So far, the only gear I have that's above 300 is that special item slot.  I got something from Eris Morn at 300 for completing a task, but I also found another item at 304.  But that's the only slot in my equipment has has an item above 300.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

For a solo player the only other option is Iron Banner, wheter match reward or rank 5 package, or any other such events ( racing or Valentine's day doubles,... ). 

If you had at least 2 players to play with you could do Nightfall every week and Trials of Osiris and those special hidden missions in Daily storys, where you could get new  exotic weapons, but those aren't 300 anymore.

I'm not really sure but i believe if you complete Weekly Crucible bounty you also have a chance to get a 300+ light item.

edit: but then again there's a free update coming to Destiny in april.https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44472/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---03172016 new loot and all that.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

that dlc boss of ds2 is so hard. im a level 100 sorcerer, i summon 2 phantoms to help, they both die, i run out of spells and he still has about 1/4 hp left

Which boss? Also, always try to get human help. It's a lot more useful than the stupid ai who will let itself get killed easily.

Psh, even the AI help - nevermind other players - can be abused so badly in Souls games if you work the boss right to change its targeting between you and the AI constantly - basically renders a boss useless. Only time I ever used summoning was in DS1 when it was necessary to unlock some particular items. In Bloodborne, you actually have to *pay* to summon others, whether AI or players, which I can't help but pompously approve of. :D Although I still think the price is too low...

the problem is that i cant find any human players to summon. im talking about that knight guy who comes out of the ground and pulls out a half buried stone sword. i tried sorceries, hexes and pyromancies on him but except for sorceries the others dont do any damage (cant use miracles, no faith). 

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for the second time. What an awesome shooter. Great gunplay, great mechanics, wonderful graphics and a damn fine story.  

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I finished The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & Pizzaboy.  It was a pretty fun point & click.  Not a classic by any stretch, but enjoyable and with amazing art and a great soundtrack.  It took me a little over 7 hours to finish, which is reasonable for a $20 game and point & clicks in general.  I'd love to see them make a sequel.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

that dlc boss of ds2 is so hard. im a level 100 sorcerer, i summon 2 phantoms to help, they both die, i run out of spells and he still has about 1/4 hp left

Which boss? Also, always try to get human help. It's a lot more useful than the stupid ai who will let itself get killed easily.

Psh, even the AI help - nevermind other players - can be abused so badly in Souls games if you work the boss right to change its targeting between you and the AI constantly - basically renders a boss useless. Only time I ever used summoning was in DS1 when it was necessary to unlock some particular items. In Bloodborne, you actually have to *pay* to summon others, whether AI or players, which I can't help but pompously approve of. :D Although I still think the price is too low...

the problem is that i cant find any human players to summon. im talking about that knight guy who comes out of the ground and pulls out a half buried stone sword. i tried sorceries, hexes and pyromancies on him but except for sorceries the others dont do any damage (cant use miracles, no faith). 

That dose sounds like fume knight

The easiest way is to kill him is with a crossbow.

First stage is somewhat manageable but the second has so few openings it's best to kite him to death.

Can take up to 30 minutes tho. 

For a solo player the only other option is Iron Banner, wheter match reward or rank 5 package, or any other such events ( racing or Valentine's day doubles,... ). 

If you had at least 2 players to play with you could do Nightfall every week and Trials of Osiris and those special hidden missions in Daily storys, where you could get new  exotic weapons, but those aren't 300 anymore.

I'm not really sure but i believe if you complete Weekly Crucible bounty you also have a chance to get a 300+ light item.

edit: but then again there's a free update coming to Destiny in april.https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44472/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---03172016 new loot and all that.

"Increased max light" hopefully means that you can raise your light without having to do those special events.

It's frustrating because my gear is sooooo close to reaching 300, but I just never get the drops to push it over the top.  My overall light level is at 295 now, but I'm not seeing any engram drops now that help me upgrade on that.

Just bought Grim Dawn. Took a look at the skill trees and I think I will make a lifesteal-focused melee occultist/shaman. Sounds viable to the more seazoned GD players here? Or is the idea of a Conjurer who doens't conjure as bad as it sounds?

I've seen a lifesteal & vitality damage focused Conjurer before that didn't really summon anything aside from totems. It seemed pretty good, especially amazing against crowds because of the wendigo totem.

Just bought Grim Dawn. Took a look at the skill trees and I think I will make a lifesteal-focused melee occultist/shaman. Sounds viable to the more seazoned GD players here? Or is the idea of a Conjurer who doens't conjure as bad as it sounds?

You can play a conjurer without summons, that isn't the big deal, and Occultist can be a decent mastery to buff melee, I'm just not sure that a lifesteal melee Conjurer would work all that well (there aren't that many synergies between the life stealing skills of both masteries and the melee abilities) - they're usually played as casters. You'd probably end up with a character that doesn't deal enough damage and has trouble surviving, exacerbated by your lack of gear and that recent defensive Devotion nerf.

Head over to http://grimcalc.com/ and then post what you wanted to pick up. :)

I've seen a lifesteal & vitality damage focused Conjurer before that didn't really summon anything aside from totems. It seemed pretty good, especially amazing against crowds because of the wendigo totem.

Sure, but those builds are caster builds. They don't melee much, at least not in the traditional sense of the word, and have to drop a large amount of stat points into spirit to use their gear. You're just dropping totems, draw pentagrams on the ground and cripple enemies while watching them die. The actual amount of whacking done is pretty limited. :)

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.