What are you playing right now?

Gorth

It's also weird that 90% of the time I get an exotic engram drop (or when a purple engram yields an exotic item when I exchange it) that it's for a different class.  Just today I turned a purple engram into an exotic pair of boots, but they were for Hunters not Warlocks.

The slots I'm having the most difficult time finding 300 level gear for are the primary weapon, the heavy weapon, the helmet, and the elbow/arm guards.  The other slots, I've found a 300+ level item at least once, for at least one of my characters.

Apparently auto rifles really do suck in PvP.  Every.  Single.  Time.  I'll see my opponent before he sees me, hit him 3 or 4 times with my auto rifle and do nothing more than maybe drop his shields so all he has left is his full health bar, but then he simply turns to where I am, fires off one or two shots, and kills me.

I don't know what Bungie is doing with this game, but the PvP is so unbalanced.  Shotguns are overpowered (though I admit I use the shotgun for the cheap kills), and certain hand cannons are overpowered.  It's like they hate the auto rifles and have gone out of their way to make them they worst (in terms of dealing damage) gun by a LONG shot.

What makes it even more frustrating is my own lack of skill.  I can't use hand cannons.  I simply can't aim and hit when the opponents are jumping around and hovering like it's Halo.  I'll get one shot in with my hand cannon, but then they just jump around and I can't hit that second shot.

The only reason I subject myself to this is the legendary marks you're rewarded for playing a Crucible match.  That, and when the Iron Banner comes around, you get some pretty nice item drops as reward.

There are not exotic boots for warlocks right now, only 2x hunter and 2x titan.

The only auto rifle that's viable these days is apparently the one you get from Trials of osiris. So High ROF low damage at least all the try hards used these, so i hear.

Auto rifles were meta in the first few months of year 1 Destiny, then they were nerfed to complete trash and haven't recovered since. Some guns might be useful but never for all situations.

And from what they posted about the incoming update i'm not sure i want to return to destiny anytime soon.

The current exotic auto rifle I have (starts with a 'Z' I believe) that does lightning damage to all enemies close together *should* be a dominant weapon in PvP, especially in control if a bunch of enemies are trying to take a flag.  But it does so little damage that all I do is maybe take down half their shields, then get killed when they turn and shoot at me as a group.

I'm not asking for auto rifles to be one-shot kills by any means.  But holy Hell, I shouldn't have to hit a guy 6 or 7 times to kill him.  Even if I manage to headshot him, it still takes 4 or 5 shots first.

I'm also not sure how I feel about that Invective exotic shotgun.  The rate of fire is good, but its recoil makes it difficult to hip-fire multiple shots, and the damage is less than my other shotgun, which can pretty much one-shot people.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was watching some Dark Souls III reviews right now, is it just me or do you guys/gals also see way too much Bloodborne in there? I was hoping it would be more like Demon's Souls. The movement/dodging animations seem as if they were copied straight from Bloodborne. I understand that they are using the same engine but the game looks somehow a bit more fast paced than it did before.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It is. Also the rubber corpses are back... step into one and you drag it around like crazy. I felt so happy they fixed this in DS2 and now it is back. My god... why can't they fix this. Or are they trying so, so hard to make the game feel more like DS1 again?

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

X-COM: Terror from the Deep on PC, Salt and Sanctuary on PS4 and Digital Devil Saga on PS3. A really solid mix of games that will tide me over for a few weeks.

I didn't know they released the Digital Devil Saga for PS3. We are truly in the age of remasters... 

Those were good games, though I didn't enjoy them as much as SMT3: Nocturne. 

Playing in Destiny's PvP matches makes me reconsider using my mic.  I never usually have it hooked up, but every game I have to watch my teammates do everything but actually try to achieve the objectives makes me want to swear a strip from each and every one of them.

It's called Rift.  Go after the freakin' rift!  It's called Capture.  Try and freakin' capture the flags!  Don't just friggin' stand off in a corner trying to raise your K/D ratio (which isn't even tracked, I might add, so I don't see the point).

Ugh.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

After finishing Pillars I've benn trying to find a new game. A Game of Thrones for Crusader Kings 2 was just updated, so in prep for season 6 I think I'm gonna conquer Essos as Volantis or Lyr.

Or maybe topple the Marcells as a smaller lord.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

X-COM: Terror from the Deep on PC, Salt and Sanctuary on PS4 and Digital Devil Saga on PS3. A really solid mix of games that will tide me over for a few weeks.

I didn't know they released the Digital Devil Saga for PS3. We are truly in the age of remasters... 

Those were good games, though I didn't enjoy them as much as SMT3: Nocturne. 

It's not really a remaster. It's the PS2 game that is being sold digitally on the PSN. No enhancements or anything.

It is. Also the rubber corpses are back... step into one and you drag it around like crazy. I felt so happy they fixed this in DS2 and now it is back. My god... why can't they fix this. Or are they trying so, so hard to make the game feel more like DS1 again?

True. It's funny how the Souls games are always M rated, the enemies spill a gallon of blood when you hit them once and yet there are no proper decapitations or death animations.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I like those rubber corpses. It's part of charm. So screw you. :p

Ghostofanakin invective was never meant to one shot anyway. It's full auto, so you come close and just hold the trigger. Nothing else.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Le Jeux est mort, vive le Jeux!

Or some such in Pseudofrench...

More self confessed gaming here :)

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein