What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I'm a little over 21 hours in Sunless Sea now, still on my first captain.  Voyages have become less interesting since I have been everywhere on the map, so there's no new places for me to go at the moment.  I'm building favor with several groups but that takes a lot of time and there are things I want to do but I can't with my current ship because it's impractical or just plain impossible because my cargo hold is so limited.  The goal right now is to get a merchant vessel which has 5X the cargo hold my dinky starter ship has, but that ship is expensive.  I'm in a bit of a catch 22 where I need a lot of money to buy the ship with the much bigger cargo hold but I need a ship with a much bigger cargo hold to make money.  As it stands, I've managed to get a little over half the money I need for the merchant vessel so far, so I am making progress, it's just really slow progress.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Destiny is getting frustrating because of my lack of progress toward raising my Warlock's level to 300.  The loot drops never yield anything to raise my level at all, so I'm stuck in the 295-296 range.

Might be time for the Division until Bungie does something about how difficult it is for a single player to reach 300+.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just finished Danganronpa: Happy Trigger Havoc (which was recently released for the PC). I'm sure the members of this forum are more into western RPGs than J-RPGs, but I can really recommend Danganronpa for its awesome story. Think Phoenix Wright meets Battle Royale (or "Half detective, half murder game" game)

• Like 1

The PvP modes for Destiny are so frustrating when I'm constantly being put on bad teams.  Three games in a row, I had the highest score by far -- and I'm not exactly a good player, and three games in a row we got absolutely hammered because my teammates couldn't do a thing.

I don't know how the game determines which player is on which team, but it seems to hate me.  I always get stuck with the worst players in the lobby.

(I'm only subjecting myself to this torment because of legendary marks and because a couple of quests require Crucible kill achievements)

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Played some Deity Quest. It is obvious it was made for touch screen devices, but still plays fine. A bit strange this game. I foresee a lot of grinding if I want to level up more followers.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

If there's one major complaint I have about Destiny, it's that it doesn't have a decent in-game map.  Like when you're patrolling one of the various "planets", there is no way for you to know where a certain area is via a map.

I have to study the map of a planet before actually landing on the place, as that's the only time you can see an overland map of the place.  But once you land, you've got to just wander or have a good memory from before you landed.

Gave Heroes of the Storm a go. Seems kind of fun so far.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Was in the mood for some strategy, so I picked up Total War: Attila.  I haven't bought a TW game since Empire, but so far Attila seems like a nice return to the basics.  Having fun sacking cites as the Vandals.  

I just finished Trine 3. I don't see what the complaints were about. The puzzles weren't as great as previous games, but was still a thoroughly enjoyable game. Perhaps I was just entranced by the most magnificent graphics and art work of any game ever. Frozenbyte has superb art direction. If they could make an open world adventure/rpg with the same aesthetic, I'd probably freak over anticipation. I especially enjoyed the look of the portion of the game where you get trapped within a book. Frozenbyte understands fantasy and adventure.

Edited by Mr. Magniloquent

moar Bloodborne!

If only this game had the weapons/skill/class variety of Demon's Souls...

I could play it for the rest of my life!

It's pretty close to perfection and absolutely demolishes every other release from 2015 for me.

11/10 GOTY.

Yeah, just that I wish it had the weapons/skill/class variety of Dark Souls 2. But I love its artdesign and the lore...

Finally beat Ludwig alone. In my first playthrough of the Old Hunters I had the help of an Old Hunter, by accident. :p

• Like 1

King Logarius is handing me my own arse to myself in Bloodborne(decided to do Alfred's side-quest after I beating Ebrietas).

I am actually over-leveled but I just suck at dodging and memorizing his attacks, I also invested a fair amount

of points in arcane instead of vitality/endurance/strength so that might be a factor too, some of his melee attacks

take way to much damage.

Just need too memorize his attacks better. I came pretty close to beating him once, come to think of it, I used

the blunderbuss and stunned him quite a few times...

*goes back to playing Bloodborne*

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finally got around to playing the three different Torment: Tides of Numenera Alpha tests. Not really sure what I was doing with the combat in the third test. Characters have an Attack, Move and Minor action just like D&D but don't know the Numenera rules enough. So I fumbled my way through it and won the crisis. I don't know if you can lose. I'm sure I was doing some things wrong. However, I did enjoy the combat more than Pillars. I'm a huge fan of the IE games (except IWD2), but I'm glad Torment has turn based combat. It definitely felt better and no over the top animations imo. Overall, the story and setting is compelling I'm left wanting more. Now off to play the beta.

Finished the Taken King storyline with my secondary character so I can now access the patrol missions on the dreadnaught.  It's weird how the final battle is much easier than a lot of the random encounters you face in the various other missions.

King Logarius is handing me my own arse to myself in Bloodborne(decided to do Alfred's side-quest after I beating Ebrietas).

I am actually over-leveled but I just suck at dodging and memorizing his attacks, I also invested a fair amount

of points in arcane instead of vitality/endurance/strength so that might be a factor too, some of his melee attacks

take way to much damage.

Just need too memorize his attacks better. I came pretty close to beating him once, come to think of it, I used

the blunderbuss and stunned him quite a few times...

*goes back to playing Bloodborne*

You've beaten Ebrietas and Logarius is giving you trouble? rofl.

I'm playing Broken Sword: THe SHadow of the templars ... original, hate the DC.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

For me, the hardest so far have been: King Logarius, Father Gascoigne and Blood-Starved beast.

I did beat him last night though along with Darkbeast Paarl and The One Reborn. The One Reborn

went down on the first try without any co-op help and with only 9 Bloodviles in my inventory.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Mostly WoW PvP. I love being a healer as am not expendable like the DPS monkeys :p

Also gave Heroes of the Storm a go, can see why MOBAs are popular.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fallout 4, mostly building settlements and robots.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like whenever I play a game of Rift in PvP (Destiny), all players on the losing side just seem to give up after the other team has scored two Rifts.

For the first time in forever, I actually ended up on the dominant team (I actually lead the entire lobby in points after carrying the Rifts and igniting them twice).  But the second time I carried the Rift, the other team didn't even bother to try and stop me.  We were ahead at that time, but I didn't think it was insurmountable.  Yet, I had a free run to their end because their guys were just busy trying to rack up kills elsewhere.

I noticed the same thing happens when I'm on the losing side.  If we go down by a Rift or two, my teammates just starting going for kills and I find myself the only one even trying to get us back in the game.

It's weird.  Maybe I missed the memo that after two Rifts, you just do a free-for-all to try and get kills.  *shrugs*

I just realized I've been playing Grim Dawn for 235 hours now and it hasn't crashed once. Not even once. I guess Early Access-titles does bring some advantages after all.

It's been great but I think I'm burned out on Grim Dawn now. I wanted to optimize my character with a great legendary set I've started on, but after doing the same boss runs over and over and not finding anything close to what I need (even though my inventory is now brimful with other legendary gear), it's starting to grind. We'll see. I don't think it's boring or anything, it's just starting to feel a bit.. pointless. Always happens to me after a while in these types of games though (never did finish any Diablo for example).

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Since blizz released a new patch for Diablo 2, started playing it again for the first time ages! It's still fun as hell and enjoying it. Made me a paladin.

Also started Grim Dawn again with the updates and tbh, Grim Dawn seems like what Diablo 3 "shoulda" been like. Atmosphere, grit, dark, etc. it just feels like diablo 2ish with updated graphics.

Also playing wow again.

Always here and there on killing floor 2. Can't wait for it to come to ps4 so I can play with most my friends.

Also plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 with my son. I'm actually surprised how fun the game is lol.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like whenever I play a game of Rift in PvP (Destiny), all players on the losing side just seem to give up after the other team has scored two Rifts.

For the first time in forever, I actually ended up on the dominant team (I actually lead the entire lobby in points after carrying the Rifts and igniting them twice). But the second time I carried the Rift, the other team didn't even bother to try and stop me. We were ahead at that time, but I didn't think it was insurmountable. Yet, I had a free run to their end because their guys were just busy trying to rack up kills elsewhere.

I noticed the same thing happens when I'm on the losing side. If we go down by a Rift or two, my teammates just starting going for kills and I find myself the only one even trying to get us back in the game.

It's weird. Maybe I missed the memo that after two Rifts, you just do a free-for-all to try and get kills. *shrugs*

It's so the match will end quickly so that the next game will come much quicker. Usually happens is that they give the other side a free ride to win to end quickly and will go try and kill something so that they can get something.

For me, the hardest so far have been: King Logarius, Father Gascoigne and Blood-Starved beast.

I did beat him last night though along with Darkbeast Paarl and The One Reborn. The One Reborn

went down on the first try without any co-op help and with only 9 Bloodviles in my inventory.

INteresting. What about rogue hunters? Have you met the 2 in crow lady's quest?

1.13 killed off Ja2.