What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Some of these chalice dungeons in Bloodborne are pretty brutal. Super Abhorrent Beast in the Loran Chalice dungeon is quite possibly the most brutal boss I've ever played against in a Souls game. I learned him well enough (read: died to him a couple dozen times), though, that when I faced him AGAIN in the LOWER Loran Chalice dungeon (because screw me, I guess), I was able to actually beat him on my first try. What a jerk of a game.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

More Grim Dawn, went Battlemage and have been pulvervizing **** with two-handers while using that Calidor ability. Again wish there were more difficulty options at the beginning but the game is tons of fun.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What combination produces a Battlemage? I dual classed a Demolitionist with an Occultist and that produces a Sorcerer.

soldier with arcanist

http://grimcalc.com/

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

What combination produces a Battlemage? I dual classed a Demolitionist with an Occultist and that produces a Sorcerer.

Not to be picking nits but Sorcerer is what you get when you combine Demolitionist with Arcanist. Demo/Witch Hunter is Pyromancer. ;)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I accidentally made a Saboteur by combining.. uh.. the rogue class with the.. demolitionist?

God I suck at this. I love my Saboteur though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I never seem to have a chance to play my second character in Destiny.  Every day there's bounties to complete, so I keep doing them for my main character in hopes of getting better gear.  So my secondary character has pretty weak gear.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

that dlc boss of ds2 is so hard. im a level 100 sorcerer, i summon 2 phantoms to help, they both die, i run out of spells and he still has about 1/4 hp left

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

My Grim Dawn character at the moment is the Shadowblade, single-classed. I don't seem to get the hang of the synergies and I like the skill tree too much.

Level 31 and still in the desert / wild west part of the game exploring gulches and passes... and I've only scratched the surface.

* sigh *

Thank you, Crate, for kinda getting it. So many companies don't nowadays.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

I never seem to have a chance to play my second character in Destiny.  Every day there's bounties to complete, so I keep doing them for my main character in hopes of getting better gear.  So my secondary character has pretty weak gear.

you can always put the gear you don't need in stasth and then use it to infuse gear for the other character ... :)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

My Grim Dawn character at the moment is the Shadowblade, single-classed. I don't seem to get the hang of the synergies and I like the skill tree too much.

Go Soldier or Demolitionist and use the default attack skill. Won't change the playstyle and will net a big damage boost.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I find the myself with a bit of "paralysis by analysis" in the Devotion constellations. So many choices!

I generally think the best approach to the Devotion system is to simply use what makes sense for your character at the time as you'll be swimming in Aether Crystals before long.

If you're looking for a more permanent setup try to balance a few defensive constellations - Dryad, Scales of Ulcama, Targo the Builder or The Behemoth are quite good regardless of your class and equipment - with some offensive ones that make sense for your playstyle, e.g. there's no reason to go for Solael's Witchblade for instance if you don't deal fire and chaos damage.

There's another nifty thing that you need to keep in mind, constellations can be self-sustaining, which means you can remove prior constellations you needed to unlock or the crossroads points as long as you do not fall below the requirement for any constellations you spent points on. E.g. if you unlock the Jackal via the Crossroads point and complete it you will gain 3 Chaos Affinity. Now you have 4, so you can remove the crossroads point if you wanted. The Jackal constellation will then be considered self-sufficient.

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Purple Toe finally managed to find a replacement for their second Magister. He was only leading expeditions when the main bossman was training or recovering from injuries, what with his skull fracture having left him a bit soft in the head, but now that internal injuries reduced his battle effectiveness even further, the cult decided to get rid of him.

As fortune (or Tzeentch) would have it, there even was a promising replacement available. I wonder if the new guy knows he's expendable...

Though compared to other warbands, mine are very slow to fire members.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I am hearing more and more about the The Division. Any PS4 users I can co-op with? My Playstation Network ID is Astiaks.

Feel free to add me. I have also a bunch of other games we can co-op.

Sent you an invite, same user name, would gladly do some co-op with ya sometime.

Also, picked up Salt and Sanctuary on the PS4 and loving it.  Quite an awesome game.  Will post some pictures later tonight when I switch the thumbstick from the ps4 to the computer.

Edited by SadExchange
  • Like 1

I am hearing more and more about the The Division. Any PS4 users I can co-op with? My Playstation Network ID is Astiaks.

Feel free to add me. I have also a bunch of other games we can co-op.

Sent you an invite, same user name, would gladly do some co-op with ya sometime.

Also, picked up Salt and Sanctuary on the PS4 and loving it.  Quite an awesome game.  Will post some pictures later tonight when I switch the thumbstick from the ps4 to the computer.

Well met sir.  :)

We can co-op any of these games on the PS4: 

Divinity: Original Sin

Saints Row 4

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition

GTA V

Borderlands 2

Borderlands: The Presequel

Far Cry 4

Diablo 3

I'm also buying The Division and the Dead Island Collection in a few weeks. 

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

you can always put the gear you don't need in stasth and then use it to infuse gear for the other character ... :)

Weapons, but does it work for armor?  I figured it had to be the same armor type since each class can't cross-use armor.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

that dlc boss of ds2 is so hard. im a level 100 sorcerer, i summon 2 phantoms to help, they both die, i run out of spells and he still has about 1/4 hp left

Which boss? Also, always try to get human help. It's a lot more useful than the stupid ai who will let itself get killed easily.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Weapons, but does it work for armor?  I figured it had to be the same armor type since each class can't cross-use armor.

I'm talking about infusing so yes, you can only infuse a helmet into a helmet and so on.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Which boss? Also, always try to get human help. It's a lot more useful than the stupid ai who will let itself get killed easily.

Psh, even the AI help - nevermind other players - can be abused so badly in Souls games if you work the boss right to change its targeting between you and the AI constantly - basically renders a boss useless. Only time I ever used summoning was in DS1 when it was necessary to unlock some particular items. In Bloodborne, you actually have to *pay* to summon others, whether AI or players, which I can't help but pompously approve of. :D Although I still think the price is too low...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

There was a new patch out for Grim Dawn last night. I didn't really care, just assumed it was a bunch of bug fixes and what not.

Went in with my two-handed melee specced life-steal, life-regen character and promptly got my ass handed to me multiple times. From enemies I used to beat with (relative) ease. For some reason they now hit so hard that I don't have time to get back my hitpoints before I'm dead. I can see my hp bar fluctuating from almost dead to full within milliseconds in normal combat and when I go up against bosses it goes down too fast for my life-steal to trigger.

This is what I hate about action RPG's. The developers keep on tweaking **** over and over and over for no reason at all. It played just fine before! Level 66 and suddenly my character is useless because of the whim of the developers. Very annoying.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Sounds just like most MMOs. At some point way back, in Champions Online the devs decided to have particle damage ignore armor to make things more interesting. But they forgot that every low level goon uses a particle rifle. So as a max level tank, simple cannon fodder would turn you into swiss cheese.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Purple Toe finally managed to find a replacement for their second Magister. He was only leading expeditions when the main bossman was training or recovering from injuries, what with his skull fracture having left him a bit soft in the head, but now that internal injuries reduced his battle effectiveness even further, the cult decided to get rid of him.

As fortune (or Tzeentch) would have it, there even was a promising replacement available. I wonder if the new guy knows he's expendable...

Though compared to other warbands, mine are very slow to fire members.

I've fired two or three so far I think, at least in my sisters warband though I'm sure I have *much* less hours put into Mordheim than you... ;)

I think two of them were low ranks with Skull Fracture (can't be bothered dealing with that) and the other one was supposed to be a gatherer but lost a leg, so yeah...

Seems I'm playing a "Warlock" in Grim Dawn, though I'm not sure if the order in which your classes come matter (if they do then I'm playing something without a name, which likely is bad since I have kinda no idea what I'm doing currently but so far it seems to work :p)