What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I'm going to buy the PS4 version of the Division. I'm antisocial on PSN though, so even if I group with someone I hate using a mic (my friends hate me when we used to play CoD).

Well. That's fine with me. Most of the groups I've been apart of have not had mics. Let me know your psn name or better yet, mine is SadExchange and we can then hit up some missions if you want to play some multiplayer.

I'll add you to PSN when I get a chance.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Division is basically Destiny with Tom Clancy military tactics. There's even a soft cap level 30, and having to grind for gear to continue ranking up

So there's one shot kills ?

Perhaps if you are a high level and you shoot lower level bots. I'm at lvl 12 right now and every same level npc is a bullet sponge (destiny style). Especially in the Dark Zone, where all the good loot is at

Playing some Tales from the Borderlands. It's a pretty good movie if you liked the mood and atmosphere of the Borderlands series. 

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Division is basically Destiny with Tom Clancy military tactics. There's even a soft cap level 30, and having to grind for gear to continue ranking up

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

The world is more like ass creed games though, half the stuff is directly copied from that. But yeah, lots of grind. PLayed for 2 days and i'm only level 12 as well, haven't even touched Dark Zone yet.

So there's one shot kills ?

There are, but not when you need them. Only poor low level mobs die that way.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I have about 8 plus hours into it so far and just about level 12. I have to say the missions can be quite intense and for the most part I've had good groups that were completely random. I do most of the encounters and side missions alone and then spend time crafting/looting/putzing around for a bit.

So far, enjoying the game. Haven't hit the dark zone yet but just might start that up soon.

Bloodborne is truly one of the best experiences I've had in years, not a single dull moment so far.

The Division sounds interesting but I have my hands full with Bloodborne right now. Might buy it and give it spin in the coming weeks though. 

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm going to try Grim Dawn tonight. Soldier/Arcanist any good?

It used to be OP a patch or two ago. Now it's just pretty decent.

Personally I'm low 60s in Grim Dawn (haven't played in a couple days) having finished every quest in normal and gotten honored with all factions, now about half way through Act 1 Elite. Gotten 5 legendaries so far, and one of them was a duplicate (a caster off-hand for an occultist, which is at least right class-wise, but I'm playing sword and board Witchblade.) Gotten some decent blues, very happy to see that weapons that used to have %physical converted to health (which was useless against bosses, since they're immune to %health reduction) changed to %physical converted to vitality (as I'm running Vitality/Chaos/Physical with some bleed/internal trauma that I'm not gearing for thrown in.) My devotions (Wendigo's Mark and Tip the Scales) provide healing while also doing decent damage, which is nice.

Was getting a little burnt out on Grim Dawn, though (I've been spending a lot of time theorycrafting and trying to come up with different builds when not actually playing), so I loaded up Diablo 3 to do the current season stuff. Two days and I'm almost done with it all. Have to kill something on Torment IV, and I've never played above Torment II before, so that will be interesting, I guess. Might end up going back to Grim Dawn before I finish it, though (I like character building, and that's just not really a thing in D3, it's all about the gear.)

Apparently armor doesn't go up by 10 defense when you infuse it with a higher level armor piece.  I had extra boots, so I decided to upgrade my "weakest" ones using others that are stronger, but only slightly.  But it only went up 5 defense, which was kind of a waste because the item I used to infuse it with was already at that level.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

On Friday I was playing some EU2 again, but the next days I was super busy with Pathfinder RPG and I had to go on few day long business trip, so it took some time to finish my AAR/LP on my google sites page.

But the session was pretty crazy. First I have got my Conquistador event, found some places in the northeast Africa and after discovering Ethiopia and trading explorations with them, they have declared war on me, right after that Portugal started war with me as well. This war took me 13 years O.o, but in the end I was able to sue for peace with Portugal and win two provinces from Ethiopia.

Right after that, Oman declared on me, then Portugal again, then Oman again and Portugal again :banghead:

Well 50 years have passed and I am still in war with Persia. I had maybe two or three short peace periods in this time, but I was able to explore with my Conquistador a lot of Africa, win or built 8 new provinces and lose 1. Two of them was won from Portugal. I was lucky, they they are almost permanently at war, so they have very low number of troops available to sail to Africa. I still would love to get one more province from them, but we'll see how this goes...

Truce with Oman will end soon, and I am curious how this will follow. I am already few hundred percent over my initial goal of survival in South Africa, and I still can't believe, I was able to grow so big :)

Anyway, >>here<< you can find the more detailed description of the whole Friday session with a lot of nice pictures :p

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The Court of Oryx seems very difficult taking it on solo.  I was lucky some other player happened to be there when I tried it the second time.  He ended up being a bullet sponge while I killed the main bad guy.

Which rank of Court? First rank should be doable, second hard and third is practically impossible for you solo. Oh and since you're done with Taken story, have you started the Sword quest yet or any Exotic weapon quest?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Tried some more levels (puzzles, really) in SUPERHOT. It's quite fun though I'm not terribly good at it, so I take it a few puzzles at a time.

I've also been trying a bit of Black Desert Online, I think the game was mentioned here a few times because of the character creator. I initially had little interest in it (since it's a game allowing PvP, moreover it hails from Korea so the fear of the grind was putting me off as well), but it was recommended again to me so I had a closer look and decided to give it a go. The game's like Guild Wars in the sense that you buy the game and after that it's free to keep playing, as a result there is also an in-game store (about which a lot of rage is going around due to the pricing, I hear).

So what can I say so far (made it to level 15 so far)...

The PvP aspect should not concern most people, it seems the penalties for random ganking/griefing are such that unless you *really* anger someone it won't happen since the risk/reward ratio is so skewed against the ganker as to not be worth it.

Character creation, well yeah, it's pretty neat and very much like EVE Online so you can create some unique looking characters with it. Unfortunately there is a bit of a lack of hairstyles (though you can adjust these somewhat), combined by the fact that so far all gear lookes pretty visually similar (except, as far as I can judge, the items you get from the, rather pricey, in game store) means that the starting areas look like they have an army of clones running around, which is rather a shame.

The tutorial is pretty horrible (it also feels extremely condensed, the first 10 or so levels literally fly by and after that it slows down massively) and you'll have to rely on the help menu, videos, forums, in-game chat and good old trial and error to figure a lot of things out.

There seem to be quite a few novel systems in place with regards to trading/drops, eg. you have to establish "trade routes" to be able to access some merchants, it also allows you to send workers to farms to produce things for you (as I understand, haven't messed with this so far), moreover there is no fast travel at all, meaning, I assume that moving area specific items to another area (where they cannot be found as easily, for example) will be profitable (same way you can make money in EVE by buying in one system and selling in another). There also seems to be no "global" stash/bank, that is, there are "warehouses" which sort of function as a stash but it appears they are limited to the specific area you are in (makes sense as otherwise splitting up the market would be a bit ineffective).

Combat seems fun compared to (most) other MMOs and uses mouse targeting combined with a combo system (no tabbing around). Just spamming basic attacks seems pretty ineffective even at low levels, so you really need to at least learn some combos. There's also the typical double tap to dodge, I haven't tried facetanking hard enemies so can't speak as to how necessary the dodging is. (it also was never mentioned in the tutorial, so far anyway)

There are mounts (got a donkey), that can get killed, and you can tame your own in the wild (at least horses, not sure if there's other things you can tame to server as a mount). There are also pets that will pick up loot for you and do other stuff for you, though haven't seen/found any of those yet.

There is also some form of a parcours system (eg. you can climb up/over things, not just awkwardly hop and see where you end up), not quite sure how far it goes yet but I've had to clamber up a few buildings to rescue cats already.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Tried some more levels (puzzles, really) in SUPERHOT.

It told me to stop playing it a few weeks ago after playing it for like 45 minutes, maybe an hour...so I did. I don't like ham-fisted narratives with stupid "twists". tongue.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Tried some more levels (puzzles, really) in SUPERHOT.

It told me to stop playing it a few weeks ago after playing it for like 45 minutes, maybe an hour...so I did. I don't like ham-fisted narratives with stupid "twists". tongue.png

Hehe, I consider the "story" to be more of a checkbox item, at least so far (bot a little ways past the "We can see you" achievement).

Which rank of Court? First rank should be doable, second hard and third is practically impossible for you solo. Oh and since you're done with Taken story, have you started the Sword quest yet or any Exotic weapon quest?

Um ... the first one? Not sure.  I just showed up near that area where the floor is burning when you step on it, but when you click on one of the runes in the hallway it turns into this little battleground.

I did the sword quest.  It ended up being disappointing because the only swords available were offensive level 220.  All my gear is 280 and up.

Speaking of exotic gear, I had my third exotic gear from a purple engram and for the third time, it was for a Titan!  Are you kidding me?  Three random, fluke exotics out of a purple engram and all three are for a character class I'm not using?!

I'm level 11 in Grim Dawn (thanks for letting me know it was fully released btw). Can't put my finger on exact changes but the game "feels" a lot better than when I last tried it. Also seems a bit easier, somehow. Have to pick a second class now, wondering if Arcanist is a good pairing with Occultist: let the pet(s) do the tanking and nuke nuke nuke with the Arcanist abilities?

I'm playing a Warlock at the moment and just finished Act 1 on Elite. She's a bit of a glass cannon because I neglected defensive skills so far, but every time I level up I just end up putting them somwhere to make more of the screen burn, flash and glow in all sorts of colours. But it really is fun and nothing beats dropping a Devastation on a bunch of enemies including hero spawns and watch them all die in 4 seconds.

The only downside so far is gulping energy potions on cooldown during extended battles, but gear is going to fix that sooner or later. Oh, and reflective enemies. It's kind of easy to kill yourself. You can't cancel that aether comet shower once it is dropped. :)

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

And I had tonight another session with Europa Universalis 2 :)

This time, it needed to do a lot of micromanagement. War score raises and decreases only with defeating units and conquering provinces. And it is crazy hard to raise it enough, to acquire new provinces from war, when you can't see most of the map and your opponent's armies have superior Tech advantage. Thankfully most of them were part of more than one war, so I was slowly able to get more of it. I am happy, that they completely revamped War Score mechanics in EUIII and later games.

Anyway, I was able to kick out Portugal from South West Africa and conquer Zanzibar as I have planned. I was also able to get one province from Persia, and now I rule over the whole Horn of Africa :) Unfortunately I am not able to get military alliance with Kongo. For some reason they always reject the proposal :( Even when I have Relation with them at +196. I do not think I will be able to vassalize them before the end of the game. We'll see how it goes.

I have to say, that the game started pretty boring with one province minor country at the south of Africa, but the closer I am to the end of the game, the more is there to do. Lot of wars are happening around the globe, and a lot of time, some countries decide to attack me as well. Thankfully, I do not have borders with Portugal and Persia anymore, so it should be little bit easier from now on, but less than 50 years to go, and I still would like to have in my kingdom 50 provinces. Currently I have 43, so it will be hard as **** to get them, unless I will be able to vassalize Kongo with some miraculous luck on my side.

More about the latest adventures of Kingdom of Xhosa, can be found >>here<<.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm trying to finish up this one quest in Destiny where you have to kill three special targets on each of the "maps".  Usually I get these all the time when I'm doing patrol missions, but now that I actually need them I never seem to actually get them assigned to me.

Took me forever to get the Venus one to come up. 

Oh, and reflective enemies. It's kind of easy to kill yourself. You can't cancel that aether comet shower once it is dropped. original.gif

I've definitely had to watch myself near them as well. My Witch Hunter has lots of regen, so I can tank through most things. But what do I have more than regen? Poison. SO MUCH POISON

Oh, and reflective enemies. It's kind of easy to kill yourself. You can't cancel that aether comet shower once it is dropped. original.gif

Ah...I see they've brought back Iron Maiden, only new and improved. ;)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I've definitely had to watch myself near them as well. My Witch Hunter has lots of regen, so I can tank through most things. But what do I have more than regen? Poison. SO MUCH POISON
The worst part is when they're in the middle of a pack and you don't notice them. The aura that Possessed Archmages (I think that's the one...it's some sort of possessed mage) have doesn't stand out that much, and when you hit several at once, it's pretty painful. At least they don't reflect knockdown.

The worst part is when they're in the middle of a pack and you don't notice them. The aura that Possessed Archmages (I think that's the one...it's some sort of possessed mage) have doesn't stand out that much, and when you hit several at once, it's pretty painful. At least they don't reflect knockdown.

Skeleton Knights also have that effect, but the main difference is that they will still take damage and can be killed while they have the reflection on