What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Putting in a good amount of time into Division and am currently at level 23 so far.  The missions/dungeons are actually quite fun, even in random groups and I've ventured into the Dark Zone a few times with random groups and have had great times.  The tension that can build in the Dark Zone is quite surprising as you're making your way from extraction point to extraction point.

• Like 1

I can't get the hang of the jumping ability of the Hunter in Destiny.  My Warlock seems to be able to cover so much more ground, and jump a lot higher.  I end up dying once or twice with the Hunter whenever I have to make a jump across a chasm.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

dark souls 2: scholar of the first sin (aka enhanced edition)

i played the vanilla ds2 when it first came out and since i didn't get any dlc and this version contains them all and was at a big discount for owners of the original game, i got it during steam sales on christmas.

the vanilla game was as hard as one would expect from a ds game... this version though goes beyond frustratingly hard. they made changes to the layout of maps and blocked many more paths with petrified characters than they had before. and as if that was not bad enough, they even changed the enemies in some areas with borderline unfairly stronger types. most can be killed with a bit of effort, however there is one particular type that they used to fill up an area that is simply impossible to beat if you dont have a melee weapon with a big reach because you cant lock on to them so spells and most ranged weapons are useless and they have too much armor for smaller melee weapons to be effective, making 9/10 builds useless in that area

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Dying Light.  I've now put 75 hours into this game, loved all of them minus the bogus "battle" at the end of the base game.  The game is just really good.  I could probably finish The Following storyline really soon, but I'm off doing side quests and just hauling ass around the countryside in my badass buggy.  Now that I've upgraded it and increased my driving skills a good bit I rarely need to repair it so I'm not worried about doing ridiculous stunts that damage it.  Catching air and smashing a biter in the face with the bumper is so worth it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh, and reflective enemies. It's kind of easy to kill yourself. You can't cancel that aether comet shower once it is dropped. original.gif

Ah...I see they've brought back Iron Maiden, only new and improved. ;)

Improved indeed. A few hours ago I got myself killed by a set of unlikely coincidences. I noticed - in time, for a change - that a reflective hero spawn was right in the middle of the upcoming mob pack so I held off on dropping Devastation and carefully ran around it clearing the general area and picking off stragglers. At least, well, until one of them hit me, causing one of my proc-on-hit abilities to activate and jump widly around the group, causing the enemy furball to chase me.

This alone wouldn't have been such a problem, but when the game decides to activate the Doombolt ability of my gloves (5% chance) and picks the hero spawn out of a large group of enemies as the target at just the right time... let's say that ability isn't called Doombolt for nothing. Looked pretty funny though, me running in front of that train dying instantly at full life.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Well, I just found out tonight that I've been wasting purple weapons/gear in order to upgrade my other purple gear.  Stupid me, but it turns out you can use blue gear/weapons to upgrade purple stuff as well, as long as it's of higher rating.  I just thought you could use purple to upgrade other purple, and thus instead of dismantling them for more legendary marks, I've been using them to upgrade.

Gah!  I've literally thrown over 100 legendary marks down the drain because of this.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i played the vanilla ds2 when it first came out and since i didn't get any dlc and this version contains them all and was at a big discount for owners of the original game, i got it during steam sales on christmas.

the vanilla game was as hard as one would expect from a ds game... this version though goes beyond frustratingly hard. they made changes to the layout of maps and blocked many more paths with petrified characters than they had before. and as if that was not bad enough, they even changed the enemies in some areas with borderline unfairly stronger types. most can be killed with a bit of effort, however there is one particular type that they used to fill up an area that is simply impossible to beat if you dont have a melee weapon with a big reach because you cant lock on to them so spells and most ranged weapons are useless and they have too much armor for smaller melee weapons to be effective, making 9/10 builds useless in that area

I agree with that. Overal the changes seem to be good (I already knew the base game in and out, though), but some placed enemies felt really weird. For example in one of the early areas there suddenly is one of these huge hippos right next to the main road. I really don't get why they had to place this one there. From a gameplay point of view it makes little sense to me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I bought The Division on a whim.  I hope I don't get ganked too much.

Don't worry, you won't.

I agree with that. Overal the changes seem to be good (I already knew the base game in and out, though), but some placed enemies felt really weird. For example in one of the early areas there suddenly is one of these huge hippos right next to the main road. I really don't get why they had to place this one there. From a gameplay point of view it makes little sense to me.

I was busy with other things when DS2 DLC were being released so i thought i'd give this version a try on ps4. I hate the new enemies placements, they force you to take a certain route and stick with it instead of the freedom of the original. So the i killed the Pursuer(s) and then i had enough. ugh. So maybe me waiting for DS3 until summer or beyond is not a good idea if i want to have fun, if this is something From might do later. xD Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

the hippo is the least important since he doesnt actually attack unless you get very close. the biggest problem i had so far were those shades that replaced the lionmen in the area where the scorpion boss is. i play sorcerer and my spells cant hurt them since i cant lock on to them to aim. the only thing i can actually do is try to wait for them to attack and try to parry then stab them with a knife. and also that dragon in the sunken ruins

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I figured out a sneaky way to clear out volatile hives in Dying Light: The Following.  You can even do it during the day.  First you need to find a zombie near the entrance of the hive, the closer the better.  Any zombie will do, a garden variety biter is ideal since they're super easy to kill.  Kill the zombie and use the camouflage skill to coat yourself in its entrails (hopefully you're eating while reading this).  If you have any speed boost I'd recommend taking a swig of that too (honestly, speed boost is recommended for clearing out volatile hives even if you're doing it the old fashioned way) as time is of the essence.  Now run into the hive.  You need to keep an internal clock as camouflage runs out eventually, so if you think it's about to wear off then find the nearest biter, kill it, and reapply the camouflage.  So long as you're camouflaged every zombie in the hive will ignore you; you can walk right up to a night hunter and look it in the eyes and it won't attack you.  Obviously, if the camouflage wears off you're in deep ****, so you gotta make sure to keep applying it, but so long as you remain camouflaged you can clear those hives out at whatever time of the day you like.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

A depressing amount of Fallout 4.

I created a second character when the DLC was announced to get ready for it. Then I got bored of that character because the pistol selection in the game is terrible. So I created a third character to do rifles again, but this time also be a jerk.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hitman.

Okay, I have to say, from the point of purely level design, damn they have the best of Hitman developed. It's back to to the good old days of some glorious multiple option levels with lots of pathways and effects you  can push to finish things.

The trouble is, storywise it's kind of sucky in that there's nothing there to really sink your teeth into yet. You get that training level which is the whole "20 years earlier" style of 47 joining the ICA, then the rather funky and cool montage sequence of time passing and references to previous Hitman games, and then the Paris level which, again, on level terms is rather damn good. But you don't get that much feel for an overall story beginning yet.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I finished the Dying Light: The Following main story.  The final boss fight, what a night and day difference compared to the garbage QTE battle at the end of the base game.  They learned from their mistake and this time delivered an actual battle, and a pretty fun one at that.  I mean, it was frustrating at first when I was just getting my ass handed to me again and again, but once I figured out what needed to be done and learned the tells, it became manageable.  Really, the entire final section I thought was well done.  There was a part to test each of the skills you use throughout the game in the final push.  That's pretty much all I can ask for.  Overall, I feel it was a damn good expansion, absolutely worth the money.

I'll still play the game from time to time.  I have a couple more volatile hives to clear out, plus I just like hauling ass throughout the countryside in my buggy.  They did a really good job making the buggy fun to drive.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I finished the Dying Light: The Following main story.  The final boss fight, what a night and day difference compared to the garbage QTE battle at the end of the base game.  They learned from their mistake and this time delivered an actual battle, and a pretty fun one at that.  I mean, it was frustrating at first when I was just getting my ass handed to me again and again, but once I figured out what needed to be done and learned the tells, it became manageable.  Really, the entire final section I thought was well done.  There was a part to test each of the skills you use throughout the game in the final push.  That's pretty much all I can ask for.  Overall, I feel it was a damn good expansion, absolutely worth the money.

I'll still play the game from time to time.  I have a couple more volatile hives to clear out, plus I just like hauling ass throughout the countryside in my buggy.  They did a really good job making the buggy fun to drive.

The boss battles were one of the things I absolutely hated about the Dying Light core game.  Glad to hear they seem to have gone in a different direction with the expansions.

-----

Still playing Destiny.  I finally found an awesome piece of armor for my Warlock.  It's an exotic (yellow) I bought from Xur this evening.  It looks like a mad priest/cleric's outfit.

I thought the Tahir bossfight was ok. The final was garbage. I don't get why anyone thinks QTE boss battle is a good idea.

My guess is that devs want to make the final showdown spectacular and cinematic and the easiest way to do that is to just make a cutscene.  They add in QTEs so as to have some interactivity.  The problem is that QTEs are a piss poor substitute for actual gameplay.  It is possible for QTEs to enhance gameplay.  My best example of this is The Last Remnant, where you'd get QTEs sometimes during battle to trigger criticals or block an attack, you never knew when they would happen and the timing on them was always different, if you failed the QTE the battle would go on you just wouldn't get a special effect.  This kept you on your toes throughout sometimes quite lengthy turn-based battles.  However when the QTEs themselves are the only gameplay, that just plain sucks.  It's such a cop out  to just make a QTE battle rather than to make an actual engaging battle with real gameplay.  

I'm really glad Techland took the time and effort to make an actual engaging final encounter with actual gameplay this time around.  It leaves me happy and satisfied at the end of the game instead of with a bad taste in my mouth.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So, euhm, I got sidetracked again and managed to actually finish Bioshock after sod knows how many years. I always enjoyed the storytelling, atmosphere, setting etc. But the actual gameplay, not so much, oddly enough. It's still unclear to me as to why it's considered such a classic though (compared to Half Life 2, for example...)

Taking a break from SWTOR and I was playing Grim Dawn but action RPGs aren't really my thing. I'm actually surprised that it held my attention for a couple of days so that speaks a lot for the game.

Thinking of picking up WWE2K16 but my NBA2K16 and Madden playthroughs just rolled their eyes at me and my 900 year old Roman vampire just took Jerusalem in CK2 so I guess you can say things are getting pretty serious

Free games updated 3/4/21

I restarted Grim Dawn several times to try out several classes. Ended up settling on Soldier and wish that Veteran wasn't the highest default difficulty because it's a bit easy. Still blasting stuff with a rifle is pretty fun and I can't recall the last time I ha this much fun with a diablo clone.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The Division.

Bought it last Wednesday.  I still haven't gotten around to opening the package because I'm obsessed with upgrading my gear in Destiny at the moment.