Jump to content

Monte Carlo

Members
  • Content Count

    6,689
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    56

Monte Carlo last won the day on May 16 2015

Monte Carlo had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

4,908 Excellent

About Monte Carlo

  • Rank
    Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

Profile Information

  • Location
    England, This Blessed Plot
  • Xbox Gamertag
    MonteCarlo
  • Interests
    Wine, cigars, beautiful women, anti-materiel rifles and war movies.

Badges

  • Pillars of Eternity Backer Badge
  • Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Badge
  1. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Forums on fire off the shoulder of Bioware.com. I watched pan-species tentacle fan-fic seep over the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. Thank the Lord.
  2. Have spent much time pondering this. Romances, actually, aren't *really* the problem IMO. 90% of people who tolerate and / or enjoy romances aren't *really* the problem, either. It's the other 10%. Basically, they are a plague vector who will destroy your game/ community. So Zero Tolerance makes complete sense when you think about it.
  3. A few people who have been around a little while (like nearly twenty years) abandoned this forum after New Vegas, came back for PoE and were disappointed by it. Do not intend to rake over those ashes. Noticed (a) hype train for this game and (b) Microsoft buying Obsidian and thought it was all quite interesting. Interesting enough to pop back in and say hello / check it out. If I unduly moved anyone's cheese by admitting I thought playing PoE was like being water-boarded by Sawyer's paramilitary gaming cadre, then I apologise fulsomely. Oh, and no Romances. That made me chuckle.
  4. I am very handsome, Hurlie, with the chiselled good-looks of an Adonis. I don't think I fell out with anyone here, my absence was solely due to a lack of interest in anything Obz was doing.
  5. I've had a couple of things published. Got a couple of short stories out soon, and a diesel-punk / science-fantasy novel out next year.
  6. How lovely to see old friends! It looks promising. Who's on the team?
  7. Hello, I have returned as I find myself intrigued by news of a New Gaeme. The deliberate exclusion of Romances stirred me from The Pit, but I have to ask, will this game make up for PoE. This is not me trolling. PoE wasn't my cup of tea. It really wasn't, in fact it kept me off these forums for several years (you might conclude that's a Good Thing). Cheers, MC
  8. Wales overwhelmingly voted to leave the EU. It ain't going anywhere.
  9. I'm reserving this space for a freaking essay on the subject I am planning on writing for your delectation. Yeah, I voted leave and...
  10. I don't care, I got a Dwarven drinking horn with my High King Edition so there. Lovin' TW:Warhammer. Best TW game since Rome (1).
  11. Hi, like the title says, this popped up in my inventory. Let me know your Steam ID and you can have it, first reply to this thread is da winna.
  12. You guys do realise that non-hetero sex / relationships etc existed in any number of ways beyond "burn them!" in many cultures and periods of history, right?
  13. My Grim Dawn character at the moment is the Shadowblade, single-classed. I don't seem to get the hang of the synergies and I like the skill tree too much. Level 31 and still in the desert / wild west part of the game exploring gulches and passes... and I've only scratched the surface. * sigh * Thank you, Crate, for kinda getting it. So many companies don't nowadays.
  14. I'm jumping into the head-first. Plus CE drinking horn for RW quaffing whilst playing.
  15. Will it promise to be a fun CRPG then get bogged-down in pretentious lore and have clunky, uninteresting combat? We could call it PoE2.
×
×
  • Create New...