ranDom vIdeO game news

majestic

Meh, about the Dune game.

Devs making a huge deal about having Atreides in green because they are "true to the book" then make Harkonnen red instead of blue (or blue/orange). Some of the advisors also are the farthest any depiction of the characters has ever been from the book.

Take your liberties. But then don't spend all that effort patting yourself on the back for having green uniformed Atreides because you are staying true to the book.

Water-fat devs...

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

6 hours ago, Katphood said:

@Chilloutman Someone out there did read our minds. 

It looks like mobile game TBH

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well, it was bound to happen. Some new MMO launched (Lost Ark), and it's not available in Belgium/Netherlands due to the in-game gambling, or "surprise mechanics" if you're EA.

Can't wait for the EU to finally get its **** together and ban this garbage outright, union wide (before any game I might care about is affected, preferably ;) )

Edited by marelooke

1 hour ago, marelooke said:

Well, it was bound to happen. Some new MMO launched (Lost Ark), and it's not available in Belgium/Netherlands due to the in-game gambling, or "surprise mechanics" if you're EA.

Can't wait for the EU to finally get its **** together and ban this garbage outright, union wide (before any game I might care about is affected, preferably ;) )

It's not a big enough market to force that kind of changes, at that point you will just lose access to games.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

12 minutes ago, Sarex said:

It's not a big enough market to force that kind of changes, at that point you will just lose access to games.

Eh, so far nothing of value is being lost. Which, really, isn't surprising given the types of games that tend to include these "mechanics". Still, would be nice to stomp this predatory behaviour out. Last I heard quite a few countries were looking into updating their legislation to deal with predatory practices in games, not the least of which being France and the UK.

Just now, marelooke said:

Eh, so far nothing of value is being lost. Which, really, isn't surprising given the types of games that tend to include these "mechanics". Still, would be nice to stomp this predatory behaviour out. Last I heard quite a few countries were looking into updating their legislation to deal with predatory practices in games, not the least of which being France and the UK.

Right now yes, but in the future it may become a trend. To a large extent it's the US and Chinese market that dictate these things.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

12 hours ago, Oner said:

Nice, BG3 is looking amazing. I cant wait to play it 

I laughed in the video at the " look another barbarian, all brawn and no brain " comment :grin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

12 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Netflix is making a Bioshock movie. Wonder if Ken Levine will bring all that experience from MASH to the party...

Great news, hopefully we have a beautiful Isabella lookalike 💞

Edit : Oh wait you said Bioshock, not Bioware :(

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sighs. As much as I love Dune, I would prefer something in the vein of the first game by Cryo :( Why is no one listening 😭

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, Katphood said:

Man...I hate it when a new entry is VR. Just make an adventure game similar to season 1-3.

My oh my, I should use my glasses more often. I read the small YT title as Sam & Max: It's Time to Virtue Signal, and I was awaiting some over the top hilariousness. Then I noticed the Sony logo and with a small scroll down all of my hype was gone 😢

• Sad 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

The Conan reskin Funcom is doing sounds even worse

It doesn't seem like there is much info on it, but considering Conan Exiles is the greatest game I have ever played, I'm willing to give Funcom some benefit of the doubt.

• Hmmm 1

15 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Conan lend itself to that kind of game though. Dune, as a setting, really doesn't.

It does seem like the lack of biome diversity will be an issue. I've read pretty much every Robert Howard story, so bringing his vision of the world to life was a big deal for me. I'm not nearly as well versed in Dune and all the houses, so I have no clue what it might look like. It just doesn't seem like there is enough info to even make a judgement at this point.

Emperor: Battle for Dune solved it by spreading to multiple planets.. I really liked that game...

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Last good Dune game was the adventure/strategy game from Cryo Interactive. The pure strategy Dune games are all crap.

Funny enough I bought the 2001 "action adventure" Dune game "Frank Herbert's Dune" on release and even finished it. It's one of the worst games of all time.

54294-frank-herbert-s-dune-windows-front

Edited by HoonDing
  • Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

You're supposed to be stealthy in the game. IIRC if you're detected, you can't even fight back with your tiny krys knife even though Paul Atreides is supposed to be a prana bindu master. You're forced to stand around until your health is low enough to be able to do "the Voice" Bene Gesserit shtick which stuns the enemy. Then you can instakill them.

Now that I think of it, "Stolen" was another stealth game with such terrible design decisions. I finished that one too.

Edited by HoonDing
  • Gasp! 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.