What Are You Playing Now: The Other Thread

Amentep

ok, i am reinstalling pathfinder, thanks a lot people! Now I want to make warrior priest of Sigmar. Should I go with paladin or cleric? I am really torn!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I am fully immersed in RDR2, I am loving the  game so far and the Western narrative makes a  refreshing change 

I have spent about 100 hours so far in the game  and look forward to another 100 hours 🤠

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

ok, i am reinstalling pathfinder, thanks a lot people! Now I want to make warrior priest of Sigmar. Should I go with paladin or cleric? I am really torn!

Paladin 😉

• Gasp! 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Are you referring to the gamerguides or neoseeker version?

Gamerguides. The neoseeker one (and also the yekbot one) are essentially the same material as the gamerguides one but just organized and presented differently. Also, the gamepedia wiki site for the game is pretty good with its tables for kingdom events and the like.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

The game is very friendly to the player's choice for how you set up your PC. Don't overlook that you can mix and match several classes and archtypes into your character (which you can also do to all your companions). From a metagaming pov, LG is a very useful alignment to have in the game, and the game uses skill checks a LOT so building your PC with skill checks in mind is a very good way to go.

I too am playing Pathfinder Kingmaker, though I started playing it before it was cool before I even knew the kickstarter for the second game was upcoming. Challenging difficulty, aasimar sorcerer/ rogue. I'll save my  in depth thoughts for when I'm finished (suspect I'm halfish way through) but so far I'd say it's very much Baldur's Gate 1 in  both the good and bad ways. Single levels up make an enormous difference to what you can tackle, and the RNG makes a colossal difference too; I've had multiple battles where I'd get party wipes one time but next time will win with barely a scratch.

General observation, really weird that the difficulties jump from normal to challenging without a 'core rules' difficulty, with normal being less difficult than core rules and challenging being set above it. It can be frustrating but I'll definitely be contributing to the kickstarter of the second based on the first game.

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Paladin 😉

yeah but warrior priests from warhammer are no that good dooers i guess..

btw how i can enable turn based mode?

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'm in late Act2 of Wolcen and starting to feel like they shouldn't have made it "full release" yet. Act1 clearly got the most attention. It's still fun but feels more half-baked/draggy the longer you play. The bosses/mini-bosses, btw, tend to be a lot tougher than some may be used to re: arpg's, especially for non-tanky builds. As a simple no-brain grind and loot I may like the end game stuff more and right now I'm considering putting it on Story (easy) mode and rushing to that.

Haven't encountered any major noticeable issues in Offline but I am saving the save folder constantly just in case.

For some reason playing Wolcen has made me want to play the ancient Darkstone again. It was so fun playing it with the team of Monk and Mage...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

11 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

yeah but warrior priests from warhammer are no that good dooers i guess..

btw how i can enable turn based mode?

You have to install the mod, and if you have it installed, Alt-T (by default) toggles between turn-based and real-time.

Also, for the kind of character you mentioned wanting to make, I'd install Call of the Wild and make a Warpriest, but that's just me.

Edited by Vaeliorin
Mentioning Warpriest

7 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

You have to install the mod, and if you have it installed, Alt-T (by default) toggles between turn-based and real-time.

Also, for the kind of character you mentioned wanting to make, I'd install Call of the Wild and make a Warpriest, but that's just me.

what mods are we talking about?

You know that feeling you get when you realize that you dont even know what you dont know? That happened to me when all my characters leveled up (Pathfinder). Im staring at the first screen trying to click next, but it wont let me, because I didnt choose a class to level up! Unbeknownst to me, I can mix and match classes to my whims! I chose their main classes anyway but it just illustrates to me that I have a lot of learning to do to achieve the best min/max results.

Just finished the (assuming) tutorial and due to my choices the bard and barbarian joined me. I liked seeing the other character reactions to my previous choices, nice touch. Ima kill that little CE bastage that was trying to set me up next time I see him. :lol:

• Like 3

Death Stranding:  pick up containers, put on back, pick up containers, put on back, pick up containers, "almost overloaded", tilt to the side, rebalance, tilt, rebalance, try to sllowly walk down a slippery hill (apparently all hills are slippery), fall and slide, containers damaged, it's ok, not too damaged. Repeat for "miles".

Best post-apoc UPS delivery-man game ever!  Where's Kevin Costner?

...seriously, I like it. Not for everyone, but ... I like it. And graphics are still beeeyoootiful. Stark and creepy at times, but beautiful.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Some mods to make Pathfinder: Kingmaker kinda good:

Turn Based Combat. Makes the game turn style and therefor micromangement is easier. It also helps you actually see which feats are working and what are still bugged out. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109

Cleaner. Reduces save file sizes to something not entirely bloated. Warning: has to be activated manually for each save. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/39

Closer To Tabletop. Lots of minor combat rule changes to make the game play more like PF 1st edition. Works great with Turn Based Combat. Warning: not always compatible with modder made classes. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/132

Bag of Tricks. This mod is mostly full of (individual optional) cheats, but more importantly it can be used to disable dialog restrictions based on alignment. Kingmaker is quite infamous for having 'lawful good' dialog options that are neither lawful or good according to the morality of the world. This helps you sidestep some really bad RP railroading. Warning: using it for alignment will destroy the mechanic as a gameplay feature because your alignment will be set to true neutral and won't shift regardless of what you do--still worth it, if you ask me. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/26

Respecialization. Can be used for player character or companions to change class or sub classes. It can be used as a cheat, but it can also be used to reselect level 1 abilities for companions. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/7

Fast Travel. Makes the movement on the overworld map much faster to watch (day and night cycles will also speed up accordingly), thereby mitigating one of the most boring parts of the game. It can also be used to simulate Pillar's double speed movement feature. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/1

Kingdom Resolution. This is a straight up cheat, but since Owlbear cheats with the kingdom management anyway, I figure it's fair. This does a lot of different things, but mostly what I like is it shows you a preview of what kingdom management decisions will get you since the game does a terrible job of giving you any real warning before hand or feedback until you get a result you didn't intend to. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/36

Highlight Learnable Scrolls. Simple quality of life mod that does exactly what the title suggests. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/111

Rest Less. Video games still haven't translated pen and paper resting competently into a digital space. (In pen and paper this is the time to roleplay with the other players at the table--at least Dragon Age: Origins paid homage to it with the camp.) This does away with exhaustion because eff that. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/17

Craft Magic Items. Directly from the nexus mods page: "This mod adds the Pathfinder tabletop feats Scribe Scroll, Brew Potion, Craft Wand, Craft Wondrous Items, Craft Arms and Armor and Forge Ring, allowing crafting of regular and custom magic items of those types. Crafting costs gold (as well as any expensive material components required by the prerequisite spell(s)), and takes time." https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/54

Autoheal. This gives you three different hotkeys to have the party use healing spells to top off their health without having to go through each characters spells. It turns what can be dozens of mouse clicks into a couple of button presses. This will still use your spell slots. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/134

With all of these Kingmaker is almost enjoyable.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 4

Playing Faeria because it was free on Epic Games Store.

It's pretty good but I don't really like card games so I probably won't invest much time on it.  Assassins Creed Syndicate was also free perhaps I'll try it out.  Never really got into AC games I think I played the 1st one when it came out but didn't really like it so I probably won't like this one either but hey I won't complain about free stuff.

I'm about halfway through chapter 2 in Warriors Orochi 4. I have about 25 characters unlocked and I'm constantly trying out different teams. Guan Yinping is my 1 constant right now, but everyone is subject to change in my A Team for now. I went ahead and looked up a guide to see when/how you unlock Lu Bu. It's fairly deep into chapter 5. No surprise there, Dynasty Warriors always made you work to get Lu Bu, I didn't expect Warriors Orochi to be any different. I mean, he's arguably the most iconic character in Dynasty Warriors so you gotta earn the Peerless Warrior, they're not just gonna give him to you early on.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Death Stranding:  It's like walking around on a desolate moon that suddenly developed an atmosphere at some point. The music really is the best/creates the best moods when you're slowly traversing a stark landscape. The plot/scenes are trippy but who cares. Can't quite get the hang of loading and swaying and not falling. that's going to take a while to get used to/learn I guess. I wish they hadn't used Norman Reedus since I'm so familiar with him from Walking Dead and the uncanny valley of it is occasionally distracting, but yeah ... you think you played an hour but it was really three. 

People who don't have a lot of patience probably won't like it but I'm still really into it. You could sink 100+ hours into this I'd guess.

On 2/20/2020 at 7:09 AM, the_dog_days said:

Kingdom Resolution. This is a straight up cheat, but since Owlbear cheats with the kingdom management anyway, I figure it's fair.

How does it cheat? This sounds intriguing, and I'd be really interested to know.

I know that Owlbear occasionally cheats with encounter design, and I feel that was a really, really poor choice. At other times, the encounter design is just nasty (most notably at the end), and while that isn't cheating, I still thought it was also a poor choice.

But, good game.

• Like 1

I do one Dreams tutorial a day. It's fun for me to just learn tools and pretend I'll do something with them.

And I spent several hours playing Star Wars: Fallen Order. It's an interesting experience. Feels like a good exploration of various Star Wars tropes. Maybe the best Star Wars since the Disney acquisition that Filoni wasn't involved in.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

8 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

How does it cheat?

It's a poor UI + some gotcha moments where you send someone to do a mission, but with no warning you can get bad outcomes for companion quests because of who you sent. PF:K in general suffers from poor UI and questionable design elements. The kingdom management is just those same problems without the distraction of characters and story making the flaws more obvious.

20 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

It's a poor UI + some gotcha moments where you send someone to do a mission, but with no warning you can get bad outcomes for companion quests because of who you sent. PF:K in general suffers from poor UI and questionable design elements. The kingdom management is just those same problems without the distraction of characters and story making the flaws more obvious.

PF:KM is quite user-friendly, thanks to the numerous tool-tips, showing what affects what. The only things I strongly disliked were rolls for non-combat skill checks, including kingdom management (unlike PnP, failures don't open new opportunities, they just mean that you have to reload), and the alignment system.

---

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords. I think, I am close to the end-game. During my second visit to Dxun, where I had to split my party, Atton proved to be the most useful companion. With him I managed to run past almost all enemies and loot everything. It did not work well for the last battle of the section, though. The Sith somehow noticed Atton, thus starting combat, the rest of the party teleported to the room when I tried to escape, but the Sith knocked out Visas and Mandalore in 3-4 rounds. So I used mines and kited them around the pool (?) in the middle of the room. It was not quite what I would like, but it was much better than Nar Shaddaa. I think, the game wants me to murder my way through, as it goes along well with the plot.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hawke64 said:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords. I think, I am close to the end-game. During my second visit to Dxun, where I had to split my party, Atton proved to be the most useful companion. With him I managed to run past almost all enemies and loot everything. It did not work well for the last battle of the section, though. The Sith somehow noticed Atton, thus starting combat, the rest of the party teleported to the room when I tried to escape, but the Sith knocked out Visas and Mandalore in 3-4 rounds. So I used mines and kited them around the pool (?) in the middle of the room. It was not quite what I would like, but it was much better than Nar Shaddaa. I think, the game wants me to murder my way through, as it goes along well with the plot.

Remember to keep an eye out for https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm if you haven't already tried it.

• Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."