What Are You Playing Now: The Other Thread

Amentep

Previous thread:

Last posts:

15 hours ago, Malcador said:

Excellent, beat that mission finally.  As is always the case, was easy in hindsight but it did cost me a pilot due to a frigging turrent one shotting my Thunderbolt.  So on to the last mission of the game, which means I need to probably start farming assault mechs to adhere to the More Dakka philosophy.

4 hours ago, Tale said:

I remembered that the other The Outer W___ came out on PS4 last month and had to buy it. I've been looking forward to it so long.

And it's pretty great. It's all the parts I loved most about Subnautica without the parts I loved a little bit less.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I put a ton of hours into Battle Brothers over the last week, so I'm trying to back away from it a bit and not burn out. I tried to play Ark again, but I think I'm just not into dinosaurs and I need a little bit of story to keep me interested in these crafting games. 

I also picked up OOTP Baseball XX and started off as a manager in single A. This games has improved a lot since the last one I played.

Finished Prey2017. Excellent overall, though the ending twist was perhaps a bit obvious- and there was perhaps a bit too much back and forth fighting against the same set of enemies towards the end which was a bit of a drag and led to me sprinting past everything I could. I'd certainly replay it, and if it came to GOG or similar outright buy it.

Now, on to Metro Exodus...

Called an alien ship onto an occupied pad

Played with controls you don't understand

Autopiloted through a tiny moon

Used your oxygen supply as propellant

Eaten by a giant fish

So many dumb ways to diiiiiie

The Outer Wilds is fun. I really wish I was playing it instead of at work.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've also been spending a lot of time getting my troops killed in Battle Brothers. I've reached a point where I can generally win without anyone getting hurt barring an occasional huge group of enemies. I've been leaning heavily on archers and crossbows to whittle down the enemy so fights where that isn't as successful a tactic is where I start to have issues. I'm playing the mode where you are one of the troops and are starting your own company from scratch, whatever that is called.

Also still playing a lot of Star Trek Online. My FED Romulan is busy trying to get T6 in Discovery rep and trying out the rep gear. I've heard a lot of good things about the Tilly shield but not sure yet if I want to replace my Comp rep shield. Been working on my Alien KDF guy as well and trying out different BOFF combos since my main is a Romulan and I can't just go all SRO everything but I'm also not a huge fan of the standard 2 tac SROs, a Nausican eng, a Kentari eng, and the potato sci guy. 

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

44 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I've also been spending a lot of time getting my troops killed in Battle Brothers. I've reached a point where I can generally win without anyone getting hurt barring an occasional huge group of enemies. I've been leaning heavily on archers and crossbows to whittle down the enemy so fights where that isn't as successful a tactic is where I start to have issues. I'm playing the mode where you are one of the troops and are starting your own company from scratch, whatever that is called.

Ah, the Hedge Knight campaign. 

Yeah, I haven't gotten good at the whole idea that you should switch weapons when facing different enemies. I mean, I know I should use a bunch of crunchy weapons to fight the undead, but then I have to carry them all around. A least my current group is better at cracking shields. 

Finished Witcher 3. Overall really good game, I have found DLCs to be better than the main game story wise. I would take 50 less go kill quests for 5 more indepth story quests as they were in DLCs

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Maybe it's just not my type of game, but I don't get the hype for Death Stranding.  I'm well into my play through and for the most part, I feel like I'm pushing myself to play further because of my obsession with completing games I start.  There are some interesting concepts and parts of the story are cool, but overall it's just ... lacking something.

I also think part of that is it has way too many annoying features.  Too much walking, too many of those BT areas that aren't actually difficult to tackle when you have that blood grenade but are otherwise just tedious to deal with, and the mountain regions ... my God, they made walking even worse with the snow and rocks added in just to annoy me further.

It's probably around a 5 or 6 out of 10 right now for me.  Good enough that I'll complain but push through, but not good enough that I can think of much to actually praise it for.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

6 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Finished Witcher 3. Overall really good game, I have found DLCs to be better than the main game story wise. I would take 50 less go kill quests for 5 more indepth story quests as they were in DLCs

How the Hell did you beat that so fast?  I found TW3 to be a very easy game but it still due to sheer amount of content took me a while to beat it.

2 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

How the Hell did you beat that so fast?  I found TW3 to be a very easy game but it still due to sheer amount of content took me a while to beat it.

I quit my job xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I lost about 2 hours of Outer Wilds due to save corruption. Thankfully the game is pretty nonlinear, so I can pick up where I left off. I just won't have the lost stuff on the computer.

I also checked out Halo: Reach. It runs only slightly worse than I'd expect an Xbox 360 game to. And I'm annoyed again how all the armor unlocks require multiplayer. Getting to customize your character is a big part of why it's my favorite Halo. But I guess that was always true. I just hate Halo's MP. Assault rifles are useless.

20 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

The length of the game is what always scares me away from yet another run through.  I've already played it twice through, and knowing how long it is and how much commitment I'd have to put into finishing it, it always makes me pause when I think about starting up a new game.

Love the game.  Probably one of my favorites of all time.  But, as crazy as it sounds, the sheer size of the game makes me play it less than I would if it was about a third of its size.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah, I don't know if it's me getting older, but 100+ hours is just way too long for a game, even a really good one, like TW3. Microtransactions aside, that's what's scaring me about Cyberpunk 2077. From everything I've read, heard, and seen, CDPR are scaling UP in scope. It's like, Jesus H Christ guys, I don't have an unlimited amount of time.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still better to spent 100 hours on one CP2077, than 100 hours on 10 EA games 😉

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

My favorite aspect of Witcher 3 is the character leveling system.  One of my favorite of all times with the color coding scheme spiced with mutagens.  It may seem simple but believe me your color traits define you spiritually.

What bothered me most about TW3 was that I couldn't marry Keira Metz.  I mean I got to sleep with her, which is dandy and all but still, she runs off with Lambert :(

Yes, Witcher 3 is so great that they've actually managed to karma bitch smack me for criticizing the silly xenophilic romance **** from Bioware in the past xD

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Yeah, I don't know if it's me getting older, but 100+ hours is just way too long for a game, even a really good one, like TW3. Microtransactions aside, that's what's scaring me about Cyberpunk 2077. From everything I've read, heard, and seen, CDPR are scaling UP in scope. It's like, Jesus H Christ guys, I don't have an unlimited amount of time.

Yes, it's very obvious at this point that CDPR sees Rockstar as their business model as they are copying lots of what they do.  Sometime after GTA Vice City Rockstar declared that making games drag on for an eternity whilst upgrading the turbo realism was the way to go.  Not necessarily a horrible thing but sometime halfway through GTA4 I was thinking "Now let's wrap this up with a grand finale and go home" only to have more copy paste missions thrown at me with more quirky dialogue (which is always good, but still). 

• Like 1

really want to try those lizard in total war warhammer 2

but last time try to play some total war game pc boom so loud can hardly hear the main menu music

how much the performance of total war game improved in resent years?

Edited by uuuhhii

9 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

really want to try those lizard in total war warhammer 2

but last time try to play some total war game pc boom so loud can hardly hear the main menu music

how much the performance of total war game improved in resent years?

not at all, but i got new PC so its playable xD

I'm getting used to Halo: Reach's MP. I'm still not thrilled with it. It's just the whole style of game I don't care for. Maybe I'll try Grifball for a while.

Only reason I'm playing it is because my character feels naked without any shoulder armor.

The Outer Worlds. I came to the conclusion that it is a horror game. I almost cried when I talked to the Moonman mascot, Martin Callahan.

On the bright side, now I am becoming more sympathetic to the publishers who use DRM, while appreciating that Obsidian does not do so.

Does anyone know, do quest items and enemies spawn only after I've taken the quest? Because I had cleared an outpost on Terra 2 before accepting the related quest, "A Fistful of Digits", and when I returned, the camp was populated again with my target (who had not been there before) sitting on the top of a container.

Edit. Companions seem rather bland in terms of gameplay (as they have 1 unique skill and can use any piece of equipment regardless of their background, class or personality), and considering that we fight alongside more often than we talk, it is quite disheartening.

Edited by Hawke64

i have itch to play Stellaris but i really want new diplomacy in before I start and there is still not release date :(

Started to play Pillars of Eternity 1 after a looooooong time. Picked up Cipher. And just finished the introductory dungeon 🙂

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 12/5/2019 at 5:05 PM, Keyrock said:

CDPR did an interview a couple of weeks ago where they said Cyberpunk is going to be shorter than TW3 but with more replayability. They didn't say exactly how much shorter, but if TW3's main quest is 70+ hours to finish I'd guess that Cyberpunk's will be about 50 hours.

"Do you know what this point n click adventure game needs? A stealth section with insta-death!" - Not a single gamer ever

Granted, it's a very short stealth section and reloading a save takes all of 2 seconds, but what the $&!# is this doing in Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks