What Are You Playing Now: The Other Thread

Amentep

I am continuing to play Pillars of Eternity 1. I have started Act 3 and moved to Elmshore. To my surprise, I got the pop up to scale the enemies. And I have tried to click on it. The outcome of that click was a upscaled group of Ogre Druid, 4 Ogres and 1 Ogre Matron, which wiped the floor with me faster than I was able to say Meister Proper / Mr. Clean 😛But because I am as stubborn as a mule having a bad day, I decided to not move forward, until I defeat that group. The only way how to get them, was to exploit pathfinding little bit, and then overnuking the druids with my casters. In the end after 45 minutes, the group was finally defeated, and I was able to move forward into the cave, which they were guarding, and approach one of the Bounty targets. To my surprise, the bounty by itself was easy-peasy compared to the fight outside of the cave, and I emerged victorious just after the first pull, without anyone being knocked down. (at least I think so 😛 )

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I am downloading PoE as we speak!

I admit I never finished it but I made it to act 4 I think?

When I reached the forest village or whatever is when I gave up because it started to feel redundant at that point.  That forest village felt like a Starting Village TM and I just got gamer exhaustion at that point.

Lets hope something compels me to actually beat the game this time.

• Like 1

The forest village is in Act II. ;)

It seems I also spoke too soon about the Wolcen servers. Worked fine yesterday, have been down for maintenance the entire day. Either that or my game is broken and won't let me connect and just gives me terrible information.

edit:

Wait, are you actually talking about Pillars of Eternity after talking about Path of Exile a page back? Confusing acronyms. :p

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Out of my love for SOMA, I decided to give Amnesia: The Dark Descent a try. It is quite scary and I like the premise but let me tell you this without spoiling too much: 

I hate timed platformer puzzles, especially so when an invisible and invincible enemy is running after you and can kill you with two hits.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Dreams

The example game has better writing and production value than many full games.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Remembered I never played C&C 3, so a remedying thsy

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just clocked 100 hours in Pillars of Eternity... And entered White March for part 2 of the expansion.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Metro: Exodus DLC, Sam's Story.

Moments like this are what keeps me coming back:

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Felt the sudden urge to play Battlefield 4 again...so hate me for being a filthy casual. :(

It's pretty good though. It's not Red Orchestra 2 or Bad Company 2 but it is still pretty fun.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I've been playing Warriors Orochi 4. It's your standard musou fare: You run around the battle field as one of 3 characters you can freely switch between on the fly and murder thousands of mooks and some enemy officers and heroes using ludicrously overpowered attacks. The story is kind of all over the place to start (at least partially purposely so). It seems a bunch of famous characters from different time periods and regions of China and Japan are getting Ravenloft-ed into some new world where they're doing battle because reasons. Nobunaga seems to be the main villain so far (because of course he is), but who knows. It's not like this follows a set, well known story (extremely loosely) based on historical events, like in the Dynasty Warriors games, so I can't really predict any upcoming twists and turns (which is good).

Edit: Okay, so after getting a little further in the game I unlocked plot synopses of the previous Warriors Orochi games. So, basically, something something something evil serpent god summons great warriors because reasons something something something evil serpent god defeated, but not killed because they need to make sequels. Lather, rinse, repeat. Fair enough.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Managed to get the permadeath mode and (finally, after three tries) the no alarms trophies for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Hope there is more DX coming, the prison DLC IMO really showed how good the team was.

Then found out they were flogging The Division 2 for a fiver, so segued to that. Have done more gaming over the past month than in the three years before that :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thanks to a generous gift, Im now playing Pathfinder Kingmaker. Rolled an Aasimar Paladin and played around ~1 hour. Difficulty = Easy, kingdom management = auto. :lol: I  think I done already messed up by somehow not choosing heavy armor proficiency but maybe I can choose it later? Fun so far and I like the graphics.

• Like 2

Well C&C 3 is fun so far, not enough FMV sequences though.  Primary tactic is just hitting Nod with a Mammoth tank rush and it's working well enough so far (although just now I've discovered there is a formation move so my APC don't get wasted easily).   Am on the Sarajevo mission now, expecting that to be hard.  I had more trouble with Alexandria than the Croatia level which I'd read was supposed to be brutal. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Thanks to a generous gift, Im now playing Pathfinder Kingmaker. Rolled an Aasimar Paladin and played around ~1 hour. Difficulty = Easy, kingdom management = auto. :lol: I  think I done already messed up by somehow not choosing heavy armor proficiency but maybe I can choose it later? Fun so far and I like the graphics.

paladin have heavy armor proficiency for free?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Installed Turn Based mod and returned to Pathfinder, and I am grinding away on Hard difficulty, at least now I can more or less see what's going on. Not very exciting to watch units miss each other back and forth. 

This game's time system makes it tempting to play with walkthough to see what areas I have a chance to tackle. I did loose over an hour of progress in the prologue section when I made a lengthy journey to an area for which I didn't have necessary items to deal with. Though as it turned out quest was timed very generously. But how were I to know I was allowed to waste my time?

about  Wolcen, I was really not interested but friend is now playing, does someone know if it will ever be released on GoG? I am not keen on getting it on steam tbh as I lately just rebuy everything on GoG anyway...

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

3 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Just to note, you can set the overall difficulty to 'normal' and then customize specific parts of it with the various toggles. Also, there is something to be said for doing kingdom management on easy rather than auto because once you learn how it works it is actually quite easy to handle.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Installed Turn Based mod and returned to Pathfinder, and I am grinding away on Hard difficulty, at least now I can more or less see what's going on. Not very exciting to watch units miss each other back and forth. 

This game's time system makes it tempting to play with walkthough to see what areas I have a chance to tackle. I did loose over an hour of progress in the prologue section when I made a lengthy journey to an area for which I didn't have necessary items to deal with. Though as it turned out quest was timed very generously. But how were I to know I was allowed to waste my time?

If you are planning on using a walkthrough, I would strongly recommend the official walkthrough. It is very well done. And that walkthrough does help you know what to do when, but where you can avoid looking at the walkthrough for the specifics of each area/encounter.

• Thanks 1

I played Pathfinder: Kingmaker on Normal difficulty but with the enemies customized to 100% (they are set to 80% on Normal, for whatever reason), i.e. with the rulebook as it is. (*)

Being someone who wants to avoid walkthroughs and discover pretty much everything on their own, I never once had difficulties with the timers. (I have no idea how close I came to that, of course, except in the main quest, where I wasn't close.) However, after finishing the game I found out there were some puzzles which not only did I not solve, I didn't even find the rooms they were in. But that's fine, the game was enjoyable.

(*) I did turn the difficulty down to the easiest possible level at the very end, at the House at the End/Edge of Time, because I thought the encounter design there was just ridiculous.

• Like 1

Have been playing Might & Magic 7 for a period of time. Finally got my both light side party and dark side party into the celeste and the pit, next would be on their second promotion.

I have struggle to understand a Universe that allows the destruction of an entire planet. Which will win this endless conflict - destruction or creation? The only thing I know for certain is never to place your faith entirely on one side. Play the middle if you want to survive.

Everyone else is a fanatic. I am Gauldoth Half-Dead. Your savior.