TV's Vast Wasteland

Amentep

I personally loved GRAVITY FALLS. in fact I'd be hard pressed to think of an episode I disliked.

Maybe it helps to have grown up fascinated with myths and legends of monsters and mysteries of the unexplained?

Decided to give this another try the past week, and couldn't get into it for about fifteen episodes, then it started to get okay... Then season 2 started, and it was suddenly amazing? :lol:

Next up, Hilda.

Also watching The Good Place, which got really good after having a somewhat formulaic first half of the season.

Before that I binged The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, which had a great start, a boring middle, and a good ending.

• Like 1

The one thing I hate in all of Star Trek is the trope of the alien that needs to learn how to fit in. Data, Seven of Nine, Odo, and now Worf on DS9... Feels like it's just always the same thing.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The one thing I hate in all of Star Trek is the trope of the alien that needs to learn how to fit in. Data, Seven of Nine, Odo, and now Worf on DS9... Feels like it's just always the same thing.

I agree. Data should've been be more capable of adapting. Maybe Seven too. And that was not Worf's first experience in a different culture...

sign.jpg

Regarding the new Disney streaming service. If I understand what you're saying in the thread, the streaming service from Disney will be focused towards kids. But what about the new Star Wars live action show? Wasn't that supposed to be launched on the stream service? Or will that one be very kids friendly?

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Regarding the new Disney streaming service. If I understand what you're saying in the thread, the streaming service from Disney will be focused towards kids. But what about the new Star Wars live action show? Wasn't that supposed to be launched on the stream service? Or will that one be very kids friendly?

As friendly as necessary, considering kids will have access to it.

sign.jpg

Seems so odd they'd make it like that. Why not do it like Netflix and have a kids filter? That way they could have both the kid shows and the more mature shows within the same umbrella, increasing the potential number of subscribers.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Watched the first couple of episodes of that Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

Interesting and engaging so far, although I do kind of miss some of the cheesy humour. They do seem to have focused on pushing the gothic horror and weirdness aspect to the story.

Plus, I'll admit, I did have a slight crush on Melissa Joan Hart when I was a teenager watching the old show, so I kind of miss that.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Seems so odd they'd make it like that. Why not do it like Netflix and have a kids filter? That way they could have both the kid shows and the more mature shows within the same umbrella, increasing the potential number of subscribers.

The Disney brand is Family Friendly, the stuff which Disney the company does that isn't so family friendly has different branding- silly maybe, but that's always been their approach. They may also believe that by splitting their properties across Disney+ and Hulu they will get more money from both than they would from having a centralised system.

A Star Wars series being family friendly is pretty much a no brainer even if it is live action instead of animated. A lot of adults can be guaranteed to watch anyway as they did for Clone Wars/ Rebels. Kids also get toys off the shelves, and they don't tend to vociferously complain about Luke Skywalker having a personality transplant.

Edited by Zoraptor

The more I watch JoJo's Bizzare Adventures, the more I realize that this is the best anime I've seen since Cowboy Bebop.

If nothing else, it gave us the Pillar Men theme.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Except so many of Disney's animation classics have a lot of sexual innuendo. L0L

Sexual innuendo seems generally okay if it's coy enough, adult flirting almost always implies sex and older Disney works had more adult casts. People usually expect young love to be more timid and self-conscious.

Arrowverse Crossover - Elseworlds couldn't have been any better. It was everything I wanted, after waiting for months for it, I am satisfied.

Can't wait til the Batwoman show next year, now that they've comfirmed seasons due ti general like interest in Ruby Rose playing the character, now we only need wait. Looks like the sjw's plans worked against them. They thought running her off Twitter would ruin her, just made her get more popular lol

Futureman Season 2 trailer couldn't prove more horrible, seems like they lost all the creativity that the first season possessed. Gonna have to skip it based on the trailer alone, rarely am I ever so sure of not continuing a show I actully enjoy.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

She wouldn't have been my first choice.. but their reasoning to be against her casting  was just... typical SJW Nazi. She's friggin' what they should be fighting for not against. L0L

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If you haven't watched SyFy's Adaptation of George R. R. Martin's Nightflyers, good for you.

It was a waste of an hour a day for two weeks. I imagine they did it so quickly because they knew nobody would watch the entire thing if they waited a week between episodes.

I'll be a little more generous and say I actually did like it, but I can't fathom why. Maybe it's because Jodie-Turner Smith kept wearing form fitting outfits and I need to get out more. It was a show with a ****load of promise and some interesting questions from the very beginning. And the questions it answered... weren't that great. The questions it didn't answer were pretty important like "why would they do that?"

The first episode of the series starts with a flash forward to the end of the pentultimate episode, deprived of context. And it kind of sold me. When we finally got the context, I wanted a refund.

Agatha is being chased around by Roran, who is acting crazy and threatening her with an axe. She sends off a message telling people to stay away from the Nightflyer and don't bring it back to earth. This inspires the imagination towards ideas that the ship is alive and it's driving people murderous and nuts, or there's some kind of contagion. Such that it could wipe out all of humanity.

It turns out Roran is just grief stricken and blames it on Agatha. And the ship computer is a sociopath. Put Roran on some meds and get an IT team with a replacement computer and everything should be fine.

The only way it makes sense is if you subscribe to the idea that the ship is full of the dumbest humanity has to offer. Yeah, leave them out there.

And it ends on an enormous cliffhanger. This is not getting renewed.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If you haven't watched SyFy's Adaptation of George R. R. Martin's Nightflyers, good for you.

It was a waste of an hour a day for two weeks. I imagine they did it so quickly because they knew nobody would watch the entire thing if they waited a week between episodes.

I'll be a little more generous and say I actually did like it, but I can't fathom why. Maybe it's because Jodie-Turner Smith kept wearing form fitting outfits and I need to get out more. It was a show with a ****load of promise and some interesting questions from the very beginning. And the questions it answered... weren't that great. The questions it didn't answer were pretty important like "why would they do that?"

The first episode of the series starts with a flash forward to the end of the pentultimate episode, deprived of context. And it kind of sold me. When we finally got the context, I wanted a refund.

Agatha is being chased around by Roran, who is acting crazy and threatening her with an axe. She sends off a message telling people to stay away from the Nightflyer and don't bring it back to earth. This inspires the imagination towards ideas that the ship is alive and it's driving people murderous and nuts, or there's some kind of contagion. Such that it could wipe out all of humanity.

It turns out Roran is just grief stricken and blames it on Agatha. And the ship computer is a sociopath. Put Roran on some meds and get an IT team with a replacement computer and everything should be fine.

The only way it makes sense is if you subscribe to the idea that the ship is full of the dumbest humanity has to offer. Yeah, leave them out there.

And it ends on an enormous cliffhanger. This is not getting renewed.

Maybe the ships was like one of those vault experiments in Fallout, like how would it be like if we had a ship full of idiots or something...anyone else hyped for The Outer Worlds?

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif